Noob question drivers

This is going to sound nuts, but I am using the Sabertooth Z77 mobo, and have installed the drivers that came with the motherboard from the disk. But on the website I see many more. I am not experienced with windows at all. I've used a mac for about 5 years now, and I'm clueless about how to install these things. My GPU's drivers were a little easier. They just kind of did everything itself. So my question is, how do I install these things? And which ones do I really need?

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/SA...rt_Download_30

Deleted
    They have all of there old drivers listed, you just want the newest in each area... Newest Lan, Newest bios, newest chip set ect... they make all the older ones available incase you need to roll back to older drivers for some reason. Just download the newest of each and run the .exe the computer will do all the work.

You could also get something like Slim drivers and let it tell you when there are driver updates. I have not used it myself but seems like an easy thing to use and it is certified by windows so there should be no issues. https://www.slimwareutilities.com/
    Last edited by mmoc73749d26aa; 2013-04-21 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Added Link

Quote Originally Posted by drglnc View Post
    They have all of there old drivers listed, you just want the newest in each area... Newest Lan, Newest bios, newest chip set ect... they make all the older ones available incase you need to roll back to older drivers for some reason. Just download the newest of each and run the .exe the computer will do all the work.
    So when I run the exe it will go where it's supposed to?

Deleted
    Yes, it will auto install to the appropriate location

Quote Originally Posted by drglnc View Post

You could also get something like Slim drivers and let it tell you when there are driver updates. I have not used it myself but seems like an easy thing to use and it is certified by windows so there should be no issues. https://www.slimwareutilities.com/
    That's kind of the problem I'm having. I'm not seeing a .exe. I'm just getting zip files.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    That's kind of the problem I'm having. I'm not seeing a .exe. I'm just getting zip files.
    extract the zip files, the exe will probs be inside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    7zip is your friend.

Also you will want the latest motherboard BIOS version (available at the same Asus site) and the BIOS isn't an .exe as far as I'm aware. All you need to do is enter your BIOS upon startup (hit delete), go to QFLASH or Bios Update utility (just find it!) and then you can navigate through your harddrive to where the downloaded updated BIOS file is. It will do the rest.

Hope you're planning to overclock with that motherboard, Z77 Sabertooth is a fairly high-end board loaded with quality components and features :S
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    7zip is your friend.

Also you will want the latest motherboard BIOS version (available at the same Asus site) and the BIOS isn't an .exe as far as I'm aware. All you need to do is enter your BIOS upon startup (hit delete), go to QFLASH or Bios Update utility (just find it!) and then you can navigate through your harddrive to where the downloaded updated BIOS file is. It will do the rest.

Hope you're planning to overclock with that motherboard, Z77 Sabertooth is a fairly high-end board loaded with quality components and features :S
    I was. I got the 3570k as well, but now I'm questioning doing it because of some of the problems I've had building it so far.