Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    Why do you have to make it so complicated...

Our cooldowns increase our damage by a percentage => using them during a time where we deal higher damage (i.e. execute phase) will result in about the same %-increase but a much bigger absolute increase.

And now be friends and keep your warrior beard in shape
    But MOM someone is WRONG ON THE INTERNET. I must stop it!

http://xkcd.com/386/

The original post I quoted was talking about his DPS at the moment he activated his cooldowns, not his DPS over the course of the fight. That's an important distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Oh, one last thing, I never said what you quoted. I said DPS jumps during CDs, not that one is predicated upon the other. I wouldn't argue about logical fallacies when you construct a straw man to try and argue against a stance.
    Of course you didn't, it was a quote from the original post that I replied to...

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    The original post I quoted was talking about his DPS at the moment he activated his cooldowns, not his DPS over the course of the fight. That's an important distinction.

Of course you didn't, it was a quote from the original post that I replied to...
    From the timing and the nature of your post, I assumed it was in reference to mine prior to yours, especially as you didn't quote anything. My mistake, although what I said is still true hehe.

My apologies if I caused a misunderstanding then, I removed the quote from my post as I thought the flow of the discussion was clear.

Now back on topic before some mod comes in here and warns me for derailing the thread

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    My apologies if I caused a misunderstanding then, I removed the quote from my post as I thought the flow of the discussion was clear.

Now back on topic before some mod comes in here and warns me for derailing the thread
    Druids are ugly. Discuss.

But ya OT if you ignore execute you're bad.

Maybe he just didn't feel like using execute because it was LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Maybe he just didn't feel like using execute because it was LFR.
    Maybe he came into the thread and pointed out that he didn't execute because he was dead.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely destroyed that guy when in LFR last. Hes not bad but far from awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Glok View Post
    I absolutely destroyed that guy when in LFR last. Hes not bad but far from awesome.
    Considering you are in heroic gear with 2 535 weapons and he's using 522 stuff? Yeah, I would hope you would. Do people even look at gear or do they just assume everyone is wearing their gear and they are just badasses?

This has to be the dumbest thread I've read in a long time by the way. How can anyone even argue execute being bad? Go look at your breakdowns after any fight and see what even comes close to matching execute in damage.

Let me help you out - nothing.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2013-04-22 at 08:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Considering you are in heroic gear with 2 535 weapons and he's using 522 stuff? Yeah, I would hope you would. Do people even look at gear or do they just assume everyone is wearing their gear and they are just badasses?

This has to be the dumbest thread I've read in a long time by the way. How can anyone even argue execute being bad? Go look at your breakdowns after any fight and see what even comes close to matching execute in damage.

Most players gravitate towards the thought of themselves being superskilled and better than everyone else rather than realizing they outgear others :>

Quote Originally Posted by Glok View Post
    Not even a top 10 hc rank. You're not bad but far from awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    Not even a top 10 hc rank. You're not bad but far from awesome.
    Suit up hasn't posted a log in a month so you can't expect someone to hold a top 10 rank when other people are coming through with 3-4 weeks more gear.
    Last edited by Requiel; 2013-04-22 at 11:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post

Not sure if you mean some of the replies or the topic itself, but I myself never argued Execute's importance or its contribution to damage. I was simply staggered at the dps this guy pulled without using it. I would have never, ever thought to NOT use Execute and even since making this topic I've continued to use it in everything that I run. Rather it was the combination of his gemming for all crit and the lack of a single execute that had me scratching my head, you know? Just seemed like a really strange, strange way to play.

And people can say 'if u don't use Execute ur bad' all you want. I've yet to come across another 90 who pulls the dps this guy did, and few that are even remotely close to it. Besides, someone else looked at his guild's raid logs and according to those he does use it in their content. I guess he didn't care in LFR and with the numbers he managed, I can't say I blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    Suit up hasn't posted a log in a month so you can't expect someone to hold a top 10 rank when other people are coming through with 3-4 weeks more gear.
    That's my point, was more of a "hey don't judge without full story!" than a "YOU BAD" post :3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Not sure if you mean some of the replies or the topic itself, but I myself never argued Execute's importance or its contribution to damage. I was simply staggered at the dps this guy pulled without using it. I would have never, ever thought to NOT use Execute and even since making this topic I've continued to use it in everything that I run. Rather it was the combination of his gemming for all crit and the lack of a single execute that had me scratching my head, you know? Just seemed like a really strange, strange way to play.

And people can say 'if u don't use Execute ur bad' all you want. I've yet to come across another 90 who pulls the dps this guy did, and few that are even remotely close to it. Besides, someone else looked at his guild's raid logs and according to those he does use it in their content. I guess he didn't care in LFR and with the numbers he managed, I can't say I blame him.
    If you read the replies in this thread, you will see that the warrior himself answered that he was abusing the infinite wings and the damage buff to push out those numbers... And that the reason you saw no execute was that he died at 23%.

EDIT: Abusing was a bad word, using in a rather unconventional manner
    Last edited by mmoc40daf95e9d; 2013-04-22 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Nicer words.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    Most players gravitate towards the thought of themselves being superskilled and better than everyone else rather than realizing they outgear others :>
    Lol. How quickly so many in this thread like to jump to conclusions. Of course gear would give me a massive advantage, yet the results are what I was comparing. My statement was not alluding in any way to the mentioned warriors skill - or lack thereof.

I simply found it amusing that the OP was 'awestruck' by the performance of someone whos numbers probably couldn't have been all that amazing considering the gear.

Regardless I do agree this thread is kinda silly as was probably my earlier response.