View Poll Results: Would 4th specs styled after WC3 heroes solve class problems?

Voters
585. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

204 34.87%
  • No

381 65.13%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    People tend to flock to builds that have the highest DPS. This is especially true for people raiding HC. How many times have people met others who criticize them for not running the optimal build with the best DPS? If you are not raiding as XXX you are doing it wrong, noob etc.

So, I am not sure how have a specialized specs really achieves anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    I didn't played BC, so i didn't knew that Enhancement Shaman gear had strenght on it back then. I do remember back in wrath their gear having both agility and intelect.

I also remember agility classes gear, such as rogues and hunters and Enhancement having AP stats back in wrath. What they did was removing those stats from gear in 4.0, not 3.0... You can still find vanilla gear with AP stats in the game... Aren' you confusing AP with ArP (armor penetration)? Anyway ArP was removed from game in 4.0 aswell.
    I guess I didn't say that clearly. I meant that in 3.0 their Str gear was converted to Agi+AP, and then the AP went away sometime later as part of the stat streamlining.

Shamans, at this time, get 2AP from 1 agility, and they can aswell convert strenght to AP, but only in a 1:1 ratio. My sugestion was just allow them to convert strenght in a 1:2 ratio... Its the easeast way to allow them to tank, because they could equip all current tanking gear... Being the exception plate gear.
    IIRC, Druid tanks essentially got that in bear form back in Wrath, so they could use necks and rings and cloaks with dodge on them. But I don't believe they do that anymore; a quick look over loot lists suggests that bears (and brewmasters) stick to agility gear entirely, and find other ways to use the stats found on that gear to aid their tanking. It wouldn't be difficult at all for Blizzard to do as you suggest, especially if they want go for a symmetry of 3 shield-bearing tanks and 3 without.

But I hope they would do something different for a potential shaman tank class. As I understand it, Bears and BrewMs like crit on their gear. Perhaps these potential shaman tanks could focus on haste, much like paladin tanks currently do. Assuming stat priorities don't change for the others, that could more or less create two crit tanks, two mastery tanks, and two haste tanks, which is also a sort of symmetry.

(However, I pretty much expect that tankadins will be overhauled again in the next expansion. This whole haste stacking thing seems to have surprised Blizzard, so if they've decided it's wrong for the game, that's when they'll take it away.)

I think 4th specs in general would be cool, but there's NO way they'll add one for every class in, all in one expansion. That's 10-11 new specs, the equivalent of about 3 new classes. Basically, that's an insane, insane amount of work. What they could do is add maybe 3 or 4 in one expansion, but then that just means that some classes are going to whine that they didn't get something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebamama View Post
    In cata the pretty much changed every class , and in mop they gave us monks and again changed many things. Putting a few more specs wouldn't make it "even harder".
    Monk=3 new specs
    4th spec for every class=10 new specs

This basicly means they have to put in the same amount of work as making 3 new classes.

I don't know about you but from the way I see it, Blizzard is having a pretty hard time balancing monks, and now I'm not even talking other classes speccs that are poorly balanced. So yeah, like it or not, it would make it even harder.

Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    I think 4th specs in general would be cool, but there's NO way they'll add one for every class in, all in one expansion. That's 10-11 new specs, the equivalent of about 3 new classes. Basically, that's an insane, insane amount of work. What they could do is add maybe 3 or 4 in one expansion, but then that just means that some classes are going to whine that they didn't get something new.
    I think Blizzard could handle it. Again, they added several new specs in MoP along with a new race, a brand new talent system, an entire Pet System, and the scenario system. They have the resources and ability to pull this off.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 03:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ziktus View Post
    Monk=3 new specs
    4th spec for every class=10 new specs

This basicly means they have to put in the same amount of work as making 3 new classes.

I don't know about you but from the way I see it, Blizzard is having a pretty hard time balancing monks, and now I'm not even talking other classes speccs that are poorly balanced. So yeah, like it or not, it would make it even harder.
    You're forgetting that the Warlock specs were completely redone, and they even added a psuedo tanking spec. You also had the Druid guardian spec added, and Mages were redesigned. Not taking into account Mages, that's 7 new specs added to MoP, 8 if you include Dark Apotheosis. Two more and you have the necessary specs for 4th spec.

Insane amount of work?
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-04-27 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You're forgetting that the Warlock specs were completely redone, and they even added a psuedo tanking spec. You also had the Druid guardian spec added, and Mages were redesigned. Not taking into account Mages, that's 7 new specs added to MoP, 8 if you include Dark Apotheosis. Two more and you have the necessary specs for 4th spec.

Insane amount of work?
    I was musing on this the other day, but I didn't think to consider DA as another spec development, though it basically was. Warrior and Paladin tanks also got a significant overhaul for the new active mitigation play style. There's your ten new(ish) specs in MoP.

Assuming Blizzard doesn't drastically overhaul anyone in the next expansion, 4th specs won't be much more work at all. (Though as I understand it, rogues probably need a warlock-caliber overhaul next time around.)

Stood in the Fire RyokuchaMidori's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    I was musing on this the other day, but I didn't think to consider DA as another spec development, though it basically was. Warrior and Paladin tanks also got a significant overhaul for the new active mitigation play style. There's your ten new(ish) specs in MoP.

Assuming Blizzard doesn't drastically overhaul anyone in the next expansion, 4th specs won't be much more work at all. (Though as I understand it, rogues probably need a warlock-caliber overhaul next time around.)
    good point, does anybody want a 4th rogue spec with the other 3 left behind kinda untouched ?
    "Skill, as the world of warcraft goes, is only in question between equals in pvp power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Thucydides : " The Melian dialogue".

Quote Originally Posted by RyokuchaMidori View Post
    good point, does anybody want a 4th rogue spec with the other 3 left behind kinda untouched ?
    Thing is, there shouldn't be much problem overhauling the Rogue class. You have tanking, Ninjutsu, Physical ranged, and healing that could all be utilized for Rogues. For example, Combat could become a tanking spec, and the 4th spec could be the other bow/crossbow using spec that this game sorely needs.

Stood in the Fire RyokuchaMidori's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Thing is, there shouldn't be much problem overhauling the Rogue class. You have tanking, Ninjutsu, Physical ranged, and healing that could all be utilized for Rogues. For example, Combat could become a tanking spec, and the 4th spec could be the other bow/crossbow using spec that this game sorely needs.
    No one can deny that many possibilities are there. However I don't see, neither healing nor tanking for rogue (especially healing). We currently have next to no tools at all regarding any healing mechanic in the rogue arsenal, while we have some regarding tanking, I just somehow don't see blizz going for it, but that's just my opinion (also any class nowadays have "tanking mechanics" in form of defensive CD, that does not mean they'll make a tank ouf of it, just that it could be).

With Shuriken toss we have the first tool that could lead to a ranged specs for rogue, Naruto style . Will blizzard opt to do it, I cannot say.
    "Skill, as the world of warcraft goes, is only in question between equals in pvp power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Thucydides : " The Melian dialogue".

Please don't tell me I want a melee spec. I've never once looked at my Hunter and thought "This is pretty good but I wish I had much less effective combat range."

3DS Friendcode: 0705 - 3279 - 0173
    Add me for Pokemon / Bravely Default
    Trainer Name: Bazlyn

As always OP delivers with some seriously hilarious stuff 10/10

I love WC3:TFT and still play it. But i voted no. This game cant handle 34 specs let alone 45. With that many specs you'll have to chooice between variety or balance.

It wouldnt be possible i think. Sadly.

The game is lacking atm. The classes is just to generic.
    Could really do with a lot of new stuff. But i dont think it would be doable

Druids already have 4th spec so they are not allowed to get anything more ;P

Quote Originally Posted by one_entity View Post
    I think, with the hybrid tax dead and gone and some hybrids doing better dps than pure-dps classes, a 4th spec should be used to hybridize current pure dps classes.
    With 4 of 11 classes being able to fulfill only one rule, and even then only one version of that role, melee or ranged dps, none can do both (except maybe Hunters could be interpreted as being both, the bastards... ) and the other classes being able to fulfill, play, not-have-to-reroll-to-play-another, 2, 3 even 4 roles I think that's the biggest thing that has to change.

Hybrid class players can just switch to other gear and specs if they want to play another role, if it's one their class offers. Yeah, gear has to be farmed but they keep their reps, personal achievements, unique stuff they got over the years, currently legendary quest progression etc. Pure DPS class players have to reroll, give up their character and all the stuff entailed if they want to switch to another role.

I played a Mage for 7 years and besides the overall suckiness of the Mage right now imho (in various regards, not - only - necessarily DPS, just class identity, spec difference, gameplay, everything - personal opinion, please don't go into it, there have been enough discussion on this) I've long wanted the option to fulfill another role in the raid. Have a use for duplicate token, have a secondary gear to build up. I still am primarily a DPS player but I'd love to have the *option*. Don't even care abuot Heal or Tank, just *something* else.

I feel you there, I threw out 2 years of a pure class and am having a blast now being able to do multiple things in game. Being a player that likes to do a bit of everything (raid, PvP, achieves, soloing) it's really nice to have multiple role options besides "caster, caster, and caster" (seriously, the fuck's the point of specs at this point?)

Even though I'm having fun, it does suck having to repeat 2+ years worth of effort put into all areas of the game; I can only imagine 7. That and I know from many that apparently mages in particular just suck right now (the pet classes, I think, have it relatively better among the pures).

Also sucks that there's been next to zero acknowledgement from Blizzard for players like you despite having played for 6+ years. I can totally understand the people I know in similar situations who have just quit the game.

Field Marshal
    A fourth pvp/arena spec that is only balanced around pvp would be cool. That way the other three specs could solely focus on cool PVE rotations

The Patient
    Flesh out what we already have, quality over quantity.

Warrior's are a bit samey, if they get a new spec it should be a ranged Sharpshooter one, with a passive that converts agility on weapons into str. Other than that I think 4th specs are a nice idea.

Lots of very cool ideas OP. I would come back to WoW for ANY one of those concepts. Particularly a Warden Rogue spec with Vengeance Spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

I like these ideas, honestly! I've always wanted to play a ranged Necromancer and a Blood Mage. I also find the linking back to the Warcraft games really cool. Though my only issue is where are the Holy (School of magic, not the healing spec!) ranged Priest/Paladin specs? :P

Currently playing Guild Wars 2, Dragon Age and Pokémon. Not at the same time, of course. I'm not an octopus.