View Poll Results: Would 4th specs styled after WC3 heroes solve class problems?

Voters
585. This poll is closed
  • Yes

204 34.87%
  • No

381 65.13%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You're forgetting that the Warlock specs were completely redone, and they even added a psuedo tanking spec. You also had the Druid guardian spec added, and Mages were redesigned. Not taking into account Mages, that's 7 new specs added to MoP, 8 if you include Dark Apotheosis. Two more and you have the necessary specs for 4th spec.

Insane amount of work?
    I was musing on this the other day, but I didn't think to consider DA as another spec development, though it basically was. Warrior and Paladin tanks also got a significant overhaul for the new active mitigation play style. There's your ten new(ish) specs in MoP.

Assuming Blizzard doesn't drastically overhaul anyone in the next expansion, 4th specs won't be much more work at all. (Though as I understand it, rogues probably need a warlock-caliber overhaul next time around.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    I was musing on this the other day, but I didn't think to consider DA as another spec development, though it basically was. Warrior and Paladin tanks also got a significant overhaul for the new active mitigation play style. There's your ten new(ish) specs in MoP.

Assuming Blizzard doesn't drastically overhaul anyone in the next expansion, 4th specs won't be much more work at all. (Though as I understand it, rogues probably need a warlock-caliber overhaul next time around.)
    good point, does anybody want a 4th rogue spec with the other 3 left behind kinda untouched ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyokuchaMidori View Post
    good point, does anybody want a 4th rogue spec with the other 3 left behind kinda untouched ?
    Thing is, there shouldn't be much problem overhauling the Rogue class. You have tanking, Ninjutsu, Physical ranged, and healing that could all be utilized for Rogues. For example, Combat could become a tanking spec, and the 4th spec could be the other bow/crossbow using spec that this game sorely needs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Thing is, there shouldn't be much problem overhauling the Rogue class. You have tanking, Ninjutsu, Physical ranged, and healing that could all be utilized for Rogues. For example, Combat could become a tanking spec, and the 4th spec could be the other bow/crossbow using spec that this game sorely needs.
    No one can deny that many possibilities are there. However I don't see, neither healing nor tanking for rogue (especially healing). We currently have next to no tools at all regarding any healing mechanic in the rogue arsenal, while we have some regarding tanking, I just somehow don't see blizz going for it, but that's just my opinion (also any class nowadays have "tanking mechanics" in form of defensive CD, that does not mean they'll make a tank ouf of it, just that it could be).

With Shuriken toss we have the first tool that could lead to a ranged specs for rogue, Naruto style . Will blizzard opt to do it, I cannot say.

Please don't tell me I want a melee spec. I've never once looked at my Hunter and thought "This is pretty good but I wish I had much less effective combat range."

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

As always OP delivers with some seriously hilarious stuff 10/10

10+ Year Old Account
    I love WC3:TFT and still play it. But i voted no. This game cant handle 34 specs let alone 45. With that many specs you'll have to chooice between variety or balance.

It wouldnt be possible i think. Sadly.

The game is lacking atm. The classes is just to generic.
    Could really do with a lot of new stuff. But i dont think it would be doable

Druids already have 4th spec so they are not allowed to get anything more ;P

Quote Originally Posted by one_entity View Post
    I think, with the hybrid tax dead and gone and some hybrids doing better dps than pure-dps classes, a 4th spec should be used to hybridize current pure dps classes.
    With 4 of 11 classes being able to fulfill only one rule, and even then only one version of that role, melee or ranged dps, none can do both (except maybe Hunters could be interpreted as being both, the bastards... ) and the other classes being able to fulfill, play, not-have-to-reroll-to-play-another, 2, 3 even 4 roles I think that's the biggest thing that has to change.

Hybrid class players can just switch to other gear and specs if they want to play another role, if it's one their class offers. Yeah, gear has to be farmed but they keep their reps, personal achievements, unique stuff they got over the years, currently legendary quest progression etc. Pure DPS class players have to reroll, give up their character and all the stuff entailed if they want to switch to another role.

I played a Mage for 7 years and besides the overall suckiness of the Mage right now imho (in various regards, not - only - necessarily DPS, just class identity, spec difference, gameplay, everything - personal opinion, please don't go into it, there have been enough discussion on this) I've long wanted the option to fulfill another role in the raid. Have a use for duplicate token, have a secondary gear to build up. I still am primarily a DPS player but I'd love to have the *option*. Don't even care abuot Heal or Tank, just *something* else.

I feel you there, I threw out 2 years of a pure class and am having a blast now being able to do multiple things in game. Being a player that likes to do a bit of everything (raid, PvP, achieves, soloing) it's really nice to have multiple role options besides "caster, caster, and caster" (seriously, the fuck's the point of specs at this point?)

Even though I'm having fun, it does suck having to repeat 2+ years worth of effort put into all areas of the game; I can only imagine 7. That and I know from many that apparently mages in particular just suck right now (the pet classes, I think, have it relatively better among the pures).

Also sucks that there's been next to zero acknowledgement from Blizzard for players like you despite having played for 6+ years. I can totally understand the people I know in similar situations who have just quit the game.

A fourth pvp/arena spec that is only balanced around pvp would be cool. That way the other three specs could solely focus on cool PVE rotations

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flesh out what we already have, quality over quantity.

Warrior's are a bit samey, if they get a new spec it should be a ranged Sharpshooter one, with a passive that converts agility on weapons into str. Other than that I think 4th specs are a nice idea.

Lots of very cool ideas OP. I would come back to WoW for ANY one of those concepts. Particularly a Warden Rogue spec with Vengeance Spirit.

Deleted
    I like these ideas, honestly! I've always wanted to play a ranged Necromancer and a Blood Mage. I also find the linking back to the Warcraft games really cool. Though my only issue is where are the Holy (School of magic, not the healing spec!) ranged Priest/Paladin specs? :P

fantastic idea - won't happen - but i love the concept would be nice to see for sure

It probably wouldn't solve all the issues with pvp, but gc said that it would take same amount of work to create a 4th spec for every class and to create a new class. So I think these are all great ideas and I would love it if these were to get implemented. This would also give them the opportunity to homogenize classes as a whole instead of just specs.

btw.. I hate the idea of another dps priest spec I would love it if they implemented a melee healer like disc was supposed to be instead of creating a new dps spec for priests.
    Last edited by Rorschachs; 2013-04-28 at 12:11 PM.

Deleted
    adding a 4 spec per class would be the equivalent of 3 new classes. never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    adding a 4 spec per class would be the equivalent of 3 new classes. never going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    gc said that it would take same amount of work to create a 4th spec for every class and to create a new class.
    Just 1 post above yours.

Deleted
    While I like those class ideas, I dislike the idea of more balancing requirements for Blizzard.