View Poll Results: Would 4th specs styled after WC3 heroes solve class problems?

Voters
585. This poll is closed
  • Yes

204 34.87%
  • No

381 65.13%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    I won't lie, I'd like to see a new spec for rogues, like a ranger/sniper spec, just so there's some interesting spec different from the others, I don't think 4th specs will happen, at least any time soon. Blizzard has been doing a good job improving the classes/specs, you can definitely say things have improved since vanilla. For a long time blizzard has focused on balancing the 3 specs with each other other classes specs. Adding a 4th would change a lot and be a lot harder to balance. Besides not all specs need or have a 4th spec. Druids had both bear and cat in the feral spec before, a lot of talents and the basics for both were all there, they just split it in mop. No other class has a 4th spec like that. Some specs people think up don't make sense, because those classes don't need another spec. Also, GC mentioned another thing keeping them from changing classes with all dps specs is because people don't want to be a hybrid. He said, on his twitter, that more people leave from changing classes then from neglecting them.

I don't think 4th specs would be a good idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    It probably wouldn't solve all the issues with pvp, but gc said that it would take same amount of work to create a 4th spec for every class and to create a new class. .
    Can u post the source for that please?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ghostcraw...23266185551872

"@shawnlanglois About the same when you consider the number of new abilities either would require. New class would take more art, esp. armor."

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It scares me to see the amount of people asking for the 4th spec. It would only mess things up even more, I mean, if you don't like WoW, go play something else, don't pretend it to change in order to fit you.

Deleted
    gc said that it would take same amount of work to create a 4th spec for every class and to create a new class
    creating a new class is creating new animations, new stuff, new tier sets, new lore, new ressource, new gameplay, glyphes...

When adding a 4th spec is just adding 4 ou 5 spells, new dots, procs, and some mechanics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    creating a new class is creating new animations, new stuff, new tier sets, new lore, new ressource, new gameplay, glyphes...

When adding a 4th spec is just adding 4 ou 5 spells, new dots, procs, and some mechanics
    you have to create new animations, lore, resource in some cases, gameplay and glyphes for the new spec as well. just not in the same amount.

But even though I agree that creating a new class takes more time to create I don't agree that it is harder than creating a new spec.

As from what I have read in a very insightful post from someone who has been designing game systems for some years now and coming from my experience that I have been discovering throughout my class concepts.
    This is because of the fact that when creating a new class you can create it from a new moulde whereas a new spec would need to be balanced(this is the key word) into the selected class already established moulde so you have to balance the new spec into the class and balance it against other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    you have to create new animations, lore, resource in some cases, gameplay and glyphes for the new spec as well. just not in the same amount.

But even though I agree that creating a new class takes more time to create I don't agree that it is harder than creating a new spec.

As from what I have read in a very insightful post from someone who has been designing game systems for some years now and coming from my experience that I have been discovering throughout my class concepts.
    This is because of the fact that when creating a new class you can create it from a new moulde whereas a new spec would need to be balanced(this is the key word) into the selected class already established moulde so you have to balance the new spec into the class and balance it against other classes.
    You have to balance the new class as well, and unlike the new spec, it doesn't exist in the game, so it's actually a larger balance hurdle. For example, lets say you add Dark Ranger to the hunter class. You'd only be adding 5-6 new abilities, a new mastery and some glyphs. Lets say you add a Dark Ranger class. Well now you have to add dozens of abilities, and entire talent tree, animation for every race that uses this class, all new glyphs, all new icon art,etc.

In short, the new spec piggybacks off the existing class. New classes come from scratch.

Also, no offense, but I take the word of the head of Blizzard system design over yours.