Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Improved since launch?

Has this game improved since launch?

There were a number of issues at launch which (for me) made me bot on my account to pay back the money I spent (actually I botted to gain around £600~) and as a result my account got banned, but that's not important. I'm curious if the game has been drastically improved because it was my belief that the game suffered many shortfalls (people will just say I'm a retard if I list them so screw that), if the game has been improved I would like to know how because I would love to play the game with my S.O and a game that I can play in between farm raids on WoW would be enjoyable (currently play HoN and DotA but idiots anger me)

So, has it improved/what ways has the game improved?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    Has this game improved since launch?

There were a number of issues at launch which (for me) made me bot on my account to pay back the money I spent (actually I botted to gain around £600~) and as a result my account got banned, but that's not important. I'm curious if the game has been drastically improved because it was my belief that the game suffered many shortfalls (people will just say I'm a retard if I list them so screw that), if the game has been improved I would like to know how because I would love to play the game with my S.O and a game that I can play in between farm raids on WoW would be enjoyable (currently play HoN and DotA but idiots anger me)

So, has it improved/what ways has the game improved?

Thanks
    Yes. It has.

The end.

but seriously, what were your problems with the game? Otherwise people are just going to link you the patch notes for the past half a year.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Well, bots like you were banned, so I guess so.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

The game made you bot? That's as bad as the age-old "the dog ate my homework"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    The game made you bot? That's as bad as the age-old "the dog ate my homework"
    HEY.

That happened for real once. And I doubt it had anything to to with the honey barbecue sauce I dabbed on the page.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    HEY.

That happened for real once. And I doubt it had anything to to with the honey barbecue sauce I dabbed on the page.
    Might have had to do with you putting the page, with bbq sauce, in the dog's food bowl...

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    HEY.

What's more cliched is that you used honey BBQ sauce....

Deleted
    Short answer: Yes.

Long Answer: Absolutely.

Deleted
    Pretty hard to tell if the game has improved from your PoV since you don't say what your issues were..
    Botters have been banned, that's a plus for me.

Well it definitely has improved since it banned botters such as yourself.

No, it's terrible. Please don't come back. We have enough botters players in the game already.

IF you list here the problems you had with the game I will tell you exactly what has been improved. And yes I'm very eager you know it

Also, did you pre-order the game?

Deleted
    Yeah I did. The issues I had were basically how the game functioned:

> the global AH ruined "money making" for me (I like to do this and it's hard to dominate the AH when it's global so I only had around 100g~ before I started botting)
    > the PvE seemed pretty pointless: the "rare" sets from the hard PvE dungeons looked really ugly, and on top of that there is no real gear progression which I think hurts the game in the long run
    > the personal story sucked
    > PvP wasn't fine tuned, it felt really "zergy"
    > jumping puzzles were fun but I thought there were too few at launch: you completed all of them in a pretty quick fashion
    > the big boss events were mostly reminiscent of 'auto attack and go AFK' from WoW's LFR/Sha of Fear (that is you didn't actually need to do anything)

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    the global AH ruined "money making" for me (I like to do this and it's hard to dominate the AH when it's global so I only had around 100g~ before I started botting)
    Admits to botting and getting banned because the game was 'so bad'.

Follows up by saying it was 'so bad' because it was hard to dominate a global AH. Translation: I don't want to give the time or effort required to make money on such a large AH since I can't manipulate people and have to actually earn my keep, so I'll resort to botting instead.

You had your account closed, I consider that was an instant improvement over when you were previously playing.
    BAD WOLF

Ignore the haters and white knights, they mad because you mentioned the words "bot" and/or "bad." I'll try to actually be helpful, since there are a good number of decent people still playing the game, who can appreciate the positives and be realistic about the negatives:

> the global AH ruined "money making" for me (I like to do this and it's hard to dominate the AH when it's global so I only had around 100g~ before I started botting)
    AH funcitonality has been improved since launch, but as intended you still won't ever be able to dominate by yourself thanks to it being global. There are still plenty of money-making opportunities on the AH though. It just won't be through the same techniques you've utilized in server-bound AH systems.
    > the PvE seemed pretty pointless: the "rare" sets from the hard PvE dungeons looked really ugly, and on top of that there is no real gear progression which I think hurts the game in the long run
    While I (and many others) find it to be a horrible design decision contrary to everything ANet originally promised... you have a set of progression and a whole new tier of items that take a significant investment to obtain. Fractals of the Mists is a new (well made and fun) dungeon that offers a significant progression (and higher levels reward better gear).
    > the personal story sucked
    No luck there, it's still terrible. They added a few new "scenarios" for a new story which are just as bad as the original. Completely optional, rewards are meh... you can skip it so not a big deal. But hey, they fixed a few of the bugs that would break several story instances.
    > PvP wasn't fine tuned, it felt really "zergy"
    By calling it "zergy" I'm assuming you're talking about WvW. Made some strides here, but if your problem is mostly with "zerginess" you may need to just transfer to a tier 1/tier 2 server where strategy wins games since coverage stops being the most important factor. There is a new set of progression here and I have a feeling your problems with it were human factors which have been fixed with experience.
    > jumping puzzles were fun but I thought there were too few at launch: you completed all of them in a pretty quick fashion
    They've added a few, nothing really special here. You should've been here for the Halloween event, where they added the greatest jumping puzzle of all time and encouraged you to repeat it. Can't do it anymore though
    > the big boss events were mostly reminiscent of 'auto attack and go AFK' from WoW's LFR/Sha of Fear (that is you didn't actually need to do anything)
    No change, except the rewards are 10 times better so there are websites that track spawn times and every event is flooded with people. So... yeah pretty much it's even more of an 'auto attack and go AFK' now with bonus rewards that make it worth the time.

Overall the game has seen significant QoL improvements since launch. Profession-wise if you played one of the buggier classes (Necro/Mesmer/Engineer) you'll still notice all of the same major problems continue to plague them, while many of the easy minor fixes have been taken care of. Fun-wise I think the game has been improved, for you specifically I think you'll definitely enjoy it more since there are new forms of progression (laurels, guild commendations, WvW experience, ascended gear, etc.) and Fractals of the Mist seems to be up your alley.

Edit: Guild missions were also a great addition that finally encourages cooperation and coordination with large groups. Essentially it is ANet's substitute for raids, they are open world, have good rewards, and are fun. Look to these in place of the previously mentioned "dragon events" etc. that are auto-attack zerg fests. Some of the bosses have tough mechanics and down people left and right. It's great.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2013-04-22 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Ignore the haters and white knights, they mad because you mentioned the words "bot" and/or "bad."
    You realize that in his first post he said nothing about anything, just "it was bad" and "it made me bot".

Deleted
    Thank you, I appreciate it.

As I said, currently farming content in WoW so I have a lot of time free and I'm really interested in trying it out again: of course I'll need to buy another copy but that's no problem, ANet provided me with £550 so I'm all good on that front. I'm really glad they improved the "competitiveness" of PvE somewhat, because I do enjoy the PvE as (which I don't think it's challenging at all, I think it's really bloody easy in fact) it's different and that itself is enjoyable.

Unfortunate I missed the Halloween jumping puzzle, but no I played an Elementalist and one of my few issues was that in WvWvW all you needed to do was cast fire AoE spells on the ground (which can be done amazingly by a bot :P). I do appreciate the help though, thanks. I'll have to see what my S.O thinks, he's still progressing in WoW: the terribleness of not being in a top 10~ guild. XD

Well, if you make it past his first sentence...
    it was my belief that the game suffered many shortfalls... if the game has been improved I would like to know how because I would love to play the game with my S.O and a game that I can play in between farm raids on WoW would be enjoyable
    =/=
    he said nothing about anything, just "it was bad" and "it made me bot".
    ... and then he listed the specific issues despite his reluctance to do so in the OP. He's not trolling, he's asking what changed so he can decide if he wants to pick the game up again with his S.O. I believe, for his purposes, that he would like the improvements enough to enjoy the game more this time around, which I hope I did a decent enough job of pointing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Well, if you make it past his first sentence...

=/=

... and then he listed the specific issues despite his reluctance to do so in the OP. He's not trolling, he's asking what changed so he can decide if he wants to pick the game up again with his S.O. I believe, for his purposes, that he would like the improvements enough to enjoy the game more this time around, which I hope I did a decent enough job of pointing out.
    Except he didn't list anything until post #13, a day after his first post and he was asked to list what he didn't like. It's not our fault he didn't respond (nor our fault he started the thread by saying he botted). It's hard to take someone seriously when they say the game made them bot, and they give no details about what they like (because they think they'd be called a "retard"...grow a spine much?)

Except he didn't list anything until post #13, a day after his first post and he was asked to list what he didn't like.
    And immediately gets this helpful response:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Admits to botting and getting banned because the game was 'so bad'.

Follows up by saying it was 'so bad' because it was hard to dominate a global AH. Translation: I don't want to give the time or effort required to make money on such a large AH since I can't manipulate people and have to actually earn my keep, so I'll resort to botting instead.

You had your account closed, I consider that was an instant improvement over when you were previously playing.
    Seems we have a number of people that have trained themselves to be selective readers, just so they can call someone out at a moments notice. Just like with WoW or any other MMO, one of the major factors in your enjoyment (or choice to play) a game is the community you're going to end up playing with (hint: note the comment about DotA and HoN in the OP). This subforum does an amazing job as a deterrent for people to want to play or pick the game up again, not because of posters like me, InfiniteRetro or others, but because of the onslaught they face for having a negative opinion about something.

Treseme - If you're a NA player, I can speak on behalf of Jade Quarry that we are always looking for more good players to contribute to our dominance of Tier 1 in WvW. I promise you won't get the "stand and spam meteor shower" experience you had in the past. We also have a number of good coordinated guilds that are on the forefront in Guild Missions, but don't take it so seriously to the point where there is mandated attendance or roll calls. People are always running Fractals of the Mists, and thanks to some 3rd party websites it is very easy to find a group even outside your guild or server.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2013-04-22 at 02:41 PM.