Thread: Invalid thread

Invalid thread

When posting a new thread does it have the be checked by a moderator before it is posted?

I haven't been on here in a while and just posted something only to find it is now an 'invalid thread'

If your post count is below 10 posts (or 20, I can't remember the exact number) there's a chance that your post will get caught in the spam filter. The post will be approved by a moderator as soon as they see it, but if you want to avoid this completely I suggest getting a few more posts.

I know it's annoying, but it helps prevent a lot of spam!

Thanks for the fast response

I posted once and was fine.. Posted again and it had to be approved

It often depends on the presence of multiple hyper-links in a post by a relatively new user, or the usage of certain keywords. Bayesian filters (which the mod-attention filter almost definitely is) can only check for certain triggers, they can't distinguish between spam content and legitimate content.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!