An idea for blizzard for rare pattern aquisition

I do a lot of rare pattern farming, mostly to have "every" pattern, but there a lot of patterns for a variety of professions that simply are literally not obtainable anymore, and i got to thinking about how they could someday remedy this. Granted, some say some of the rare patterns should be kept rare or that it would de-value some that are really rare but i think at this point they could make a gameplay aspect out of it, and let us finish our collections

Here is my idea. Start off giving us "Treasure Points" (name subject to change) or something similiar to valor, make it cap each week, but allow this currency to be obtained maybe from questing, maybe from running older non-new raids, or various other ways. Once obtained, make either a faction that is lore related that collects patterns and has them for sale for said currency. Make some daily profession quests even to boost the currency, and allow you to level even that profession

For example, you have leatherworking and you are missing quite a few patterns, you could use this system to gather points to eventually buy them all, and thus finish your collection.

See, i love the idea of shared rep, because there is so many patterns (especially for jewelcrafting) that are behind specific vendors that require rep from raids or a LOT of grinding to obtain (Aldor, Karazan, Hyjal raid, etc) but i doubt they will ever make them account wide, so with this idea, the idea is we can choose to have something to work torwards and obtain all the patterns in a profession, stuff that has been really lost (Dirge's Chops for cooking)

It wouldnt be really hard to craft it all together, and it would boost overall playing time because there is so many collectors be a great thing to do in your offtime, and something you work torwards.

Make a vendor for each profession and have EVERY pattern from drop/rep/other, set prices for the "currency" can even gate behind rep, say it takes revered for certain patterns or exalted for the really good stuff, either way, i think it would make a really cool addition to the item hunt in wow, and boost professions, allowing more stuff to be made, and can finally say we have all the patterns

tie some achievements to it all too, say "obtain all xx number of patterns in engineering" for example, even can do feats of strength when you are server first to have every pattern, and an achievement to have every pattern for every profession.

I am missing quite a few for my engineering, would love someday to get them all, but so many are simply not in game anymore or were in vanilla only etc, a system set up so we could aquire these patterns, even if it takes a long grind or time, would be great.

Deleted
    Well , Blizzard doesn't really care about professions but your idea is actually good.

Having a daily quest for every profession that would award recipes/currencies to buy recipes and skillpoints would actually please many people.
    For example , something like the JC daily in cata , but now you can buy old recipes etc.

Yeah, lets add yet another currency. Great idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Yeah, lets add yet another currency. Great idea.
    Please read the OP before replying

No one will be forced to do it since the recipes that you will obtain will be out of date compared to the current expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love collecting recipes on my toons, mostly on my main, and I'd treasure (har har) the chance to work for this faction and buy recipes I'm still missing for various professions. Really good idea, I'd totally get exalted with this faction on all my crafting toons.

Only problem with it is that I can guarantee you that there are WAY, WAY, WAY too many recipes to list them all on a vendor. It's not uncommon to have 400, 500 recipes for a profession, if you had to list all of those on a vendor that would take 50 pages! Now I realise that there's many trainer learnt recipes you wouldn't have to put on this faction, but even then there's still going to be very, very many.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I love collecting recipes on my toons, mostly on my main, and I'd treasure (har har) the chance to work for this faction and buy recipes I'm still missing for various professions. Really good idea, I'd totally get exalted with this faction on all my crafting toons.

Only problem with it is that I can guarantee you that there are WAY, WAY, WAY too many recipes to list them all on a vendor. It's not uncommon to have 400, 500 recipes for a profession, if you had to list all of those on a vendor that would take 50 pages! Now I realise that there's many trainer learnt recipes you wouldn't have to put on this faction, but even then there's still going to be very, very many.
    Perhaps a built in filter function similar to what theyve recently put in for gear off vendors, i.e. I CAN switch it to look at all the gear, but my basic view is rogue gear. The vendor could display JC and engineering patterns for me, unless I chose to take it off that view. Really just a couple different flags for them to hit in something they're already using. (Im assuming, anyway.)

Also, I LOVE the idea of getting those older recipes through a non entirely random method (blingtron is great and all... I miss doing it on every toon, even if that was a bug.)
    My fiancee had the old vanilla quest blacksmithing patterns, we quit playing for a couple months, he found out he got hacked and it wasnt discovered by us until well after. the hacker had changed his profs to gathering, so to get his blacksmithing restored they restored him to his last server transfer, as apparantly that was the last record they had for his blacksmithing. It also removed all his old quest patterns as well as his newly acquired ToC patterns, but those quest givers wouldnt let him do the recipe quests over again. a couple tickets closed without comment later... no patterns

Would also be nice to finish off the recipe sets for collectors who started alts after they were removed. Then again, I was sad you couldn't finish old naxx quests in wrath naxx, and even sadder when they removed the unfinishable quests from my log where I had held onto them with hope. lol.
    Last edited by shatha69; 2013-04-22 at 02:32 AM.

Deleted
    All the grinds in the world would still be devalueing the really rare recipes. Some are just unbelievably rare and take months of AH camping to even see once.

As a recipe collector who will never have all alchemy recipes (due to the faction that sold them being removed), I really disagree with this.