Thread: MM vs BM

10+ Year Old Account

MM vs BM

My understanding and experience this patch has been BM beats MM by at least 4K single target. I recently uploaded my BM spec and MM spec into Zeherah's Analyzer and MM is beating BM by a small margin.

I understand sims aren't law but I do find it interesting. Has anyone seen similar results?

Check it out.

Sylvari
    Bleeding Hollow

Not seeing that myself, though the margin is quite low. BM and SV are approximately even, with MM a little over 2k behind. I'm in all 522 gear aside from a TF bracer. I could see MM continuing to catch up as that gets better though.

That said I've been running SV mainspec and MM "offpsec" for a while now, MM for farm content to do something different now and then. It's not bad at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I specced into MM and been using it for like 2 weeks now,got tired of BM,does about the same damage as BM and its my favourite spec,so i'm probably gonna use it instead of BM for progress unless we really miss the dps (1% wipes n stuff)

Beast mastery - 143k

Survival - 141k

Marks - 137k and marks is not friendly

This isn't counting the 5.3 changes where blink strikes and beast cleave change will most likely put BM at the top again.

There's no real reason to spec into MM unless you want some variety and/or you don't feel like playing the other two specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    If its that far behind why is Z showing me higher as MM. I have 520 gear. It's not.end.all be all buts its.fairly accurate. Sorry for the punctuation. I'm driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimleaf View Post
    If its that far behind why is Z showing me higher as MM. I have 520 gear. It's not.end.all be all buts its.fairly accurate. Sorry for the punctuation. I'm driving.
    There are a lot of things that go into a FD profile. Settings such as when to use Aimed shot (manual cast at certain cast speed thresholds, etc), fight length, buffs/debuffs, shot priority. Make sure your BM/SV profiles are correct and that they use similar conditions. Though the first one only really has the potential to make MM even higher for that specific setting, there are others.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimleaf View Post
    Don't post on the forums and drive, you could get hurt. Your gear just favors mm more it appears.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart