Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Alliance and Horde Peace?

Hey people

what do yous all think will happen between the horde and the alliance? Will the war eventually be won? will there be peace among the two factions? Will it take the death of someone to bring change or even the destruction of somewhere? or do you think we will continue to fight each other until there is no one left? or mabye even an event that causes all out war leading to the death of too many people to be able to continue the war?

I make this thread because i am always thinking to myself, with (example) Thrall orignally aiming for peace between the two factions, would it actually happen?

( No "for the Alliance/horde type trolling, please just give your Vaild opinion of the future of the factions mabye using examples to back it up? )

lets keep this nice and fun without any trolling or nonsence of that nature pls :P

No one wins at war, the losses of hundreds to thousands to millions isn't winning in my eyes, simply put, "The man with the bigger stick wins." I can tell you that there will be Peace after this expansion, there has to be, it wouldn't make sense to have an expansion centered around War and the dangers of it and how the Pandaren show us our wrong doings and achieve nothing out of it.

Deleted
    but do you seriously believe that for example, the Orcs and Humans can possibly make peace after all the events that have happened between them ?

---------- Post added 2012-05-23 at 02:04 AM ----------

IMO - I believe that there will be no peace, however, i do believe the war will end but with many many losses from bother factions that after it, will not have the resources to continue fighting .

Quote Originally Posted by Kinorath View Post
    but do you seriously believe that for example, the Orcs and Humans can possibly make peace after all the events that have happened between them ?
    "Those who linger in the past are ill prepared for the future." And there are Orcs and Humans that can get along, like the Orc and Human in the DS Raid who put aside their differences for the greater good. Might I remind you that after the events of Warcraft 3, the Horde and Alliance halted the War for 4 years before WoW came out.

I think that the war will hit a fever pitch this expansion then back off, but I don't anticipate 100% peace. Their goal is to bring the War back to Warcraft, as they put it not me, so I doubt things will die off entirely. I don't think one side will ever be destroyed, but there may be major victories and losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I think that the war will hit a fever pitch this expansion then back off, but I don't anticipate 100% peace. Their goal is to bring the War back to Warcraft, as they put it not me, so I doubt things will die off entirely. I don't think one side will ever be destroyed, but there may be major victories and losses.
    I've lost count of how many times I've posted this. The War between the Alliance and Horde might be a major war, but it's not the only war in the game.

I feel that there will never be a true "peace" between the Horde and Alliance, but when the expansion with the burning legion comes along, I think they will join together to fight a common enemy, and an enemy that could destroy their planet. But then afterwards, they will fight again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cargath View Post
    I've lost count of how many times I've posted this. The War between the Alliance and Horde might be a major war, but it's not the only war in the game.
    It is the central theme of the game. Orcs vs. Humans. This is a constant that you are going to need to come to peace with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Quote Originally Posted by Cargath View Post
    That's why I said 'as they put it.' I fully understand that since WC 3 Warcraft has been more than orcs vs humans. =)

Needs more light-green skinned babies for peace. Damn, i said that... xD

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The war is won in MoP.

But the fighting will never stop so long as there are groups in each faction willing to egg it on.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    The Wolf heart short story suggests that Anduin will be the one to bring peace "when our leaders are the healers of the world, not the warriors"

or something along those lines...

My prediction is that during the siege of Orgrimmar Varian will die, Anduin will then become King of the Alliance (Or Jaina will become Reagent until Anduin comes of age), Thrall will retake the mantle of the Warchief and as both want to heal the world, peace will ensue.

The Legion et all will probably invade during the expac after MoP, or the expac will be based around Azshara and the Naga, and due to the losses suffered by both sides in MoP, will have to combine forces once again to take the legion head on..

There will always be at least a Cold War -type of existence between the two.

No, no peace.

I would be hugely pissed if there was.

Deleted
    My prediction is that during the siege of Orgrimmar Varian will die, Anduin will then become King of the Alliance (Or Jaina will become Reagent until Anduin comes of age), Thrall will retake the mantle of the Warchief and as both want to heal the world, peace will ensue.

The Legion et all will probably invade during the expac after MoP, or the expac will be based around Azshara and the Naga, and due to the losses suffered by both sides in MoP, will have to combine forces once again to take the legion head on..

this just sounds awsome, however i could not deal with the death of Varian </3

na im going for the kill all the horde then kill there leader After the Orcs and what they did, there is no peace from my point of view. Far to many good people died at the hands of the stupid Orcs that really, it is there fault what happened. undead are barely even in the horde as it is so meh but really its the orcs im not happy about and i dont think The Alliance will forgive what the Orcs have done. ever.

---------- Post added 2012-05-23 at 12:09 PM ----------

The war is won in MoP.
    soooo. Who won the war you speak of then ? :P (obv Aliance but i need to ask for fun anywayss) xD

Quote Originally Posted by Ciscero View Post
    The Wolf heart short story suggests that Anduin will be the one to bring peace "when our leaders are the healers of the world, not the warriors"

or something along those lines...

Interesting, but they wouldn't be planning to build Varian up this much if they were just going to kill him off. The whole idea is to make him into a king all the races of the Alliance can be proud of, to make him officially the equivelant of Warchief though he's had the job in all but name since Wrath it seems.

Deleted
    I do hope they go mento with Varian and develop his character almost as much as Thrall in cata, that would be awsome, i just love Varian and please dont kill him off, if they do im going to kill of my character xD

lol if they do follow the path of the newer MMO's(NOT SWTOR) then i'm just going to laugh at them and play GW1 lol xD
    but i do hope peace comes <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    The heart of Warcraft being Orcs vs Humans is something I'd question. Sure, it started off like that, and they've sure as hell milked it for all it's worth (two colossal faction wars and emphasis put on a "cycle of hatred" theme), but a good story changes its focus after one aspect of it has been done to death and beyond. Repeating the entire Second War (which is exactly what's happening) just to remind the orcs and Doomhammer 2.0 that "ruthless conquest is bad" seems worthless if it's not going to have any lasting effect.

I'd welcome a vanilla-style cold war again, or even a straight up "ostensible" truce.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    The heart of Warcraft being Orcs vs Humans is something I'd question. Sure, it started off like that, and they've sure as hell milked it for all it's worth (two colossal faction wars and emphasis put on a "cycle of hatred" theme), but a good story changes its focus after one aspect of it has been done to death and beyond. Repeating the entire Second War (which is exactly what's happening) just to remind the orcs and Doomhammer 2.0 that "ruthless conquest is bad" seems worthless if it's not going to have any lasting effect.

I'd welcome a vanilla-style cold war again, or even a straight up "ostensible" truce.
    I enjoyed it more when Blizzard was trying to skew the morality lines. Instead of a black and white bad guy vs. good guy scenario we should have elements of both represented in each faction.

By the way, I have to ask, is your avatar Jamie Lannister?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).