What would be the fastest way to level with 2 characters with raf? Just doing instances or quests? Or will having a 90 run them thru instances work better? I havent done started at level 1 in awhile now nor done raf.
From what I've found just make sure to have a tank for instant queues and chain dungeons, with quests and the bonus at the end it's easy to get 2-3 levels per dungeon all the way up to like 50 at least. Goes very very fast.
1) He levels his toons to 15 so that they can enter majority of the dungeons and pickup the quests
2) Run RFC and with the new quests giving a huge chunk of XP gives a good amount of levels.
3) Next we'll do Deadmines followed up by Shadowfang Keep.
4) If high enough for SM quests then we head there, otherwise run SFK again for another level
5) Then we do SM a few times
6) Followed by ZF/RFK/RFD
7) Then ST / BRD / LBRS / UBRS
8) Head to Hellfire ramps at about 59, 60 is more preferrable as it'll help transition to Northrend with only doing the dungeons once
9) After Ramps go Blood Furnace -> Slave Pens -> Underbog -> Ring of Blood -> Mana Tombs -> Sethek Halls -> Shadow Labs (You could do crypts before tombs, I just find it not worth the time)
10) Should be about 69/70 at this point. 70 is a lot more preferrable as the transition from Nexus to AN is easier since the quests require 73 instead of 72.
11) Go UK -> Nexus -> AN -> OK -> DTK -> Ampitheater -> Gundrak -> (You can do VH here if you want, but again I don't find the time worth it) -> Halls of Lightning -> Halls of Stone (I prefer going to UK, it's less of a pain and a few more quests)
Doing all that should net you 80 within 3 days of playing for about 4-6 hours each time. Think usually we end up hitting 80 in about 20 hours of /played time.
The main thing is to make sure you are in a guild with at least +10% XP boost as it's a big help. If you have heirlooms following the above will go perfectly smooth. Otherwise without heirlooms you'll have to run a few dungeons over and over for levels.
Having done raf 3 times previously I can attest that instances are by far the fastest way to lvl. Trying to lvl by questing you out lvl the zones so fast youll be spending most of your time running around. One of ye queue as a tank and youll have instant queues all the way.
Have you ever stepped on a lego piece while barefoot?
Can you recall that exquisitely piercing and utterly unforgettable pedal agony? Now imagine what would happen if you were to step on between 10 and 25 angry, well armed lego pieces which are all acting in brutal concert, and tell me how that would go for you.
Plus they have magic and sharp objects.
Also helps to have a group of 5 if possible as group bonus adds a lot of XP. (usually i make RAF alts with a friend so we have 4 low levels and a max level char).
Whatever you lose to level difference you gain back in speed.
I got to 15 questing then to 24 in 2 dungeons with no BoAs with RaF. Just make sure your partner is near you at ALL times. Took 4 hours then we just fudged around with proffs a lil. If you havent capped a toon with a friend by your side you haven't truly enjoyed the game IMO.
Last edited by Blue The Shaman; 2013-04-25 at 02:43 AM.