Poll: Which Side would Win

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Racial Leader Fight

With all the current heated debates going on at the minute regarding the upcoming dethroning of Garrosh as war chief of the horde and the role the alliance will play in the siege, a lot of people were trying to see which horde leader would become the new war chief.

Well it got me thinking about the leaders of all the major alliance and horde factions.
    What would happen if the leaders of the horde fought the leaders of the alliance in a rated battleground team on team scenario.

No armies , neutral ground , no extra help ( e.g. Jaina uses the focusing iris. )

So your teams

Team Horde

Garrosh Hellscream (Warchief of the Horde) <- Still War Chief (Warrior)
    Sylvanas Windrunner (Queen of the Forsaken, Leader of the Horde in the Eastern Kingdoms) (Dark Ranger)
    Baine Bloodhoof (High Chieftain of the Tauren) (Warrior)
    Vol'jin (Leader of the Darkspear Trolls) (Shadow Hunter)
    Lor'themar Theron (Regent Lord of Quel'Thalas) (Ranger)
    Grand Magister Rommath(Leader of all blood elven magisters on Azeroth) (Mage)
    Halduron Brightwing (Ranger-general of Silvermoon)(Ranger)
    Trade Prince Gallywix (Trade Prince of the Bilgewater Cartel) (Merchant)
    Ji Firepaw (Leader of the Horde Pandaren) (Monk)
    Thrall (Horde representative in the Earthen Ring and former Warchief of the Horde) (Farseer)
    Varok Saurfang (Former High Overlord of the Kor'Kron Guard and Leader of the Warsong Offensive) (Warrior)
    Rexxar (Chieftains of the Stonemaul clan)(Beast Master)

V.S.

Team Alliance

King Varian Wrynn(King of Stormwind) (Warrior)
    Tyrande Whisperwind(High Priestess of Elune, Leader of Darnassus, Leader of the Western Alliance) (Ranger Priest)
    Malfurion Stormrage(Leader of Cenarion Circle, Co-Leader of Darnassus) (Arch-Druid)
    Muradin Bronzebeard / Falstad Wildhammer / Moira Thaurissan(The Council of Three Hammers)(Warrior / Gryphon Rider / Priest)
    Jaina Proudmoore(Ruler of Dalaran as of Mists of Pandaria), Co-Leader of the Western Alliance)(Mage)
    Genn Greymane(King of Gilneas)(Warrior)
    Prophet Velen(Leader of the Exodar Draenei)(Priest Prophet)
    Gelbin Mekkatorque(King of Gnomes, High Tinker of Gnomeregan)(Warrior)
    Aysa Cloudsinger(Leader of the Alliance Pandaren)(Monk)
    Vereesa Windrunner(Ranger General of the Silver Covenant)(Ranger)

Please keep your arguments on point and explain your ideas about why you feel that one team might best another.

Please do not turn this into a flame thread.
    Last edited by JudgePayne; 2013-04-24 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Thrall shaman - farseer

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Sylvanas isn't a Ranger, she's a Dark Ranger. Yes, there is a difference: See?

Updated and thanks for that

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna vote for Horde. Because Thrall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance ofcourse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Alliance.

Garrosh wouldn't wait for the others and he would just blindly charge in the group of Alliance completely alone, do some dmg - but nothing the healers couldn't take care of -, then die thus giving the Alliance the advatange.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stick Rommath and Halduron in with Theron imo. It's only fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'm voting Alliance. They seem like they have more healers! They just have to coordinate and use proper CC and they've got this.

Also, I just realized Tyrande isn't a Ranger Priest. She's a Priestess of the Moon. Ranger Priest is a good description, but it had its own class in WC3 and in the RPG books, if I recall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall unbalances this he's the most powerful mortal in Azeroth (we have yet to see Mi'dain in game I'm not counting him.) him being on team Horde Unbalances it. So Horde all the way.

Deleted
    If this was back in Classic when Thrall was horde (+Cairne) and when Varian wasn't back.. i'd have said horde.

Now that Thrall is not horde anymore and Varian is back.. there is no doubt at all.

Alliance all the way.

This is if we are talking about a full power leaders vs leaders.

Velen enough would be enough to erase all the horde... but if you want to exaggerate.. we can also add Tyrande ( + Elune ) , Malfurion etc.... and of course Varian Wrynn.

What does the horde have at the moment ?

Galliwix w/e ? Lol..
    silvanaz ? lol it'd run the second the fight would take the favor of alliance ( immediately then ).
    Garrosh ? He wasn't able to scratch Varian , and velen is much stronger than Varian.. not to mention Jaina / Tyrande etc..
    Vol'Jin ? I like the mon .. but he holds no chance against the might of the alliance's leaders.
    mr.makeup' terone ? Hmba.. cant comment this , don't know the guy much .. but unless he goes SSJ4 and performs Funsion-ha with some other be .. I doubt he stands any chance.

Now who do we have left ..

no seriously, who ?

I like horde and I love alliance but this is a no contest, Sorry horde guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance cause they have more healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Stick Rommath and Halduron in with Theron imo. It's only fair.
    The teams are the leaders of each race and special extras and ironforge has a council the blood elfs do not.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    I'm voting Alliance. They seem like they have more healers! They just have to coordinate and use proper CC and they've got this.

Also, I just realized Tyrande isn't a Ranger Priest. She's a Priestess of the Moon. Ranger Priest is a good description, but it had its own class in WC3 and in the RPG books, if I recall.
    Ranger Priest was the best description of a priestess of the moon for those who may not have played wc3
    Last edited by JudgePayne; 2013-04-21 at 06:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian got Blessing of Lo'Gosh, Velen is immortal being and most likely on the same power-level as Kil'Jaeden/Archimonde. Those 2 would wipe entire horde leadership....but we have grand blessing of the metzen cast by thrall so horde would win

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you people are seriously underestimating Thralls power. He held the entire planet together when Deathwing tried to turn it into rubble.

Not to mention shamans have the best AoE healing in the game. ;D
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Alliance has three of the most powerful casters on the planet. Everyone knows caster teams win RBGs. Also yea, unless Ji learns to heal the Horde team is screwed.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    Alliance would win because we have more healers. Duh!

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    I think you people are seriously underestimating Thralls power. He held the entire planet together when Deathwing tried to turn it into rubble.

Not to mention shamans have the best AoE healing in the game. ;D
    Yes, but Malfurion took the energy of Azeroth and every mortal being to defeat the Nightmare as a druid. Then he healed Teldrassil and everyone who had been affected by the Nightmare in one book chapter.

Let's not forget that Garrosh would take the chance to try and kill everyone and turn friendly fire on on his side as well
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2013-04-21 at 06:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Alliance would win because we have more healers. Duh!

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 09:30 PM ----------

Yes, but Malfurion took the energy of Azeroth and every mortal being to defeat the Nightmare as a druid. Then he healed Teldrassil and everyone who had been affected by the Nightmare in one book chapter.
    Eyup!

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Varian got Blessing of Lo'Gosh, Velen is immortal being and most likely on the same power-level as Kil'Jaeden/Archimonde. Those 2 would wipe entire horde leadership....but we have grand blessing of the metzen cast by thrall so horde would win
    You forget. Jaina is the most powerful mortal mage and Malfurion is the most powerful druid on all of Azeroth. Plus Velen being (probably) the most powerful priest...? That's some serious magical support.

Thrall >all
    shamans are just op.

But it's isnt 10 vs 10 because dwarves have 3 leaders. -> Blodelves should have 3 too, because Lor'themar (who?) allways going with Rommath and Haldurion.
    (and now they have Archmage Aethas Sunreaver too). I vote for replacing some1 with this guy, +1 mage and Alliance team has the Silver Covenant leader too.
    Plus it's funny and totaly joke that the magic wielder race have a Ranger leader seriously? (bloodelves all about magic) -> High Examiner Tae'thelan Bloodwatcher for Leader!!1 And he is a healer.

I cry back the good ole times, when Forsaken had Varimathras too. Gunna be epic a Nathrezim at our side , :O !

Also Rexxar has Misha .
    Last edited by Varbaro; 2013-04-21 at 06:34 PM.

The heals are strong in the Alliance
    That combined with the mage for awesome cc and dps means alliance would win.

Thrall might put up an effort, but nothing Malfurion can't handle, especially not if the horde decides to focus Tyrande sending Malfurion into overdrive.

Also Velen....yeh he is OP.
    If he decided to be pacifistic and stick to heals, the horde might be able to get 1 PWS down before their annihilation....if they are lucky.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

I don't think Blizzard will ever let Thrall die, so with that in mind, the Horde would win.

If this was truly fair though, the Alliance would win with Velen, and Malfurion healing.
    Last edited by muto; 2013-04-21 at 06:35 PM.