Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account

Unholy is strong.

To me, it feels super good!

The flow is crispy clean. Fast paced, with choices.
    It's strong, due to a very good class design, rather than beeing overtuned!

A question i have about the UH rotation, is it worth to Apoc at 3 stacks now, maybe? to save GCD's.

Too our strength:

I feel like our optimal ST damage is mid tier, our cleave is a bit low, but our set up AoE is really strong.

In other words, DK may be super strong, since they almost won't need nerfs or alterations.
    A 10% dmg reduction to Epidemic, is the only nerf i see coming.

Blood and Frost is also doing fine.

Anyone feel me?

Unholy was amazing on beta. Unfortunately, I can't play BfA atm (my country's currency rates ...me up hard lol) however I can give some insights. Best thing about Unholy is that you can build yourself towards heavy ST or AoE. Gargoyle still really good burst on ST, while Epidemic and Unholy Frenzy works really great on AoE.

Also never Apoc on 3 stacks, ghouls' damage is really good on BfA unlike legion. So always use it at 4 stacks.

interested in the viability of my favorite melee DPS, the recent nerfs and looking at the percentages of scaling on the attacks doesn't exactly fill me with hope.

So what you’re saying is that they’re gonna nerf our DPS to the ground within 3-5 days?

Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by willjam View Post
    I feel like our optimal ST damage is mid tier, our cleave is a bit low, but our set up AoE is really strong.
    that is the description of a spec that does not function optimally in a M+ setup

That being said it certainly more fluid than frost at the moment, with a variety of builds to play with.

BfA 8-]

Try Unholy with 305+/120 in dungeons,
    see ~9k average DPS and some 20-25k peaks,
    you feels very good at first.

Then you join groups with DH/Ret/Outlaw doing 12k+ DPS forever,
    with 50-60k peaks, with ZERO PREP, with the same gear.

Now try Frost with the same dungeons
    and enjoy spread pulls,
    running around with no a no_pet/no_dot spec
    and ask yourself why do you even tried Frost in the first place.

Hard to imagine how Frost will manage the dungeons. The amount of running with trash and boss fights is killing the DPS, you cant compete with dot/range classes and you cant compete with burst AoE melees either.

In the end it doesnt even matter how strong unholy is, when you don't really have an option for the dungeons/raids/pvp combo.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    BfA 8-]

Try Unholy with 305+/120 in dungeons,
    see ~9k average DPS and some 20-25k peaks,
    you feels very good at first.

Then you join groups with DH/Ret/Outlaw doing 12k+ DPS forever,
    with 50-60k peaks, with ZERO PREP, with the same gear.

Now try Frost with the same dungeons
    and enjoy spread pulls,
    running around with no a no_pet/no_dot spec
    and ask yourself why do you even tried Frost in the first place.

Hard to imagine how Frost will manage the dungeons. The amount of running with trash and boss fights is killing the DPS, you cant compete with dot/range classes and you cant compete with burst AoE melees either.

In the end it doesnt even matter how strong unholy is, when you don't really have an option for the dungeons/raids/pvp combo.
    Yeah, I joked as FDK yesterday with my friends running the Motherlode. One of them was mad he forgot to specc aoe before, the other said "It's fine. You do single target, I do aoe." and I only added "And I do dmg every two minutes."
    Frost without BoS is a weak noodle and just getting hit with one ability and having to move out of range for 1-2 seconds is enough to completely ruin your damage for the entire fight.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2018-08-16 at 08:42 AM.

Heroic/mythic 0 isn't really a valid yardstick to measure your performance against.

Yes, outlaw and DH spike insanely high, but so what? The only reason they outdo unholy by so much is that the monsters die during that initial spike. If you go into M+ with a higher hp pool, its going to look different.

Outlaw and DH sucked at Mythic + on BfA. Someone even mentioned retri, lol, they won't exist in higher keys, they literally have one and only abilitiy for AoE. Meanwhile, Unholy can scale really high.

Found UH so far to be quite engaging and fun with 1/1/2/1/3/1/2 bursting sores/unholy frenzy build. Right now with the haste levels I just can't imagine being able to play UH without unholy frenzy

I haven't tried Frost yet, but I haven't been able to get my hands on any 1H weapons yet to be able to test it. Blood feels like it's in a great spot right now, I've spent most of my time tanking heroics to gear up and skip the queue times

Quote Originally Posted by Arzamar View Post
    Outlaw and DH sucked at Mythic + on BfA. Someone even mentioned retri, lol, they won't exist in higher keys, they literally have one and only abilitiy for AoE. Meanwhile, Unholy can scale really high.
    Outlaw yes, DH will still be a good pick if you wan't the -5% debuff. Blur talent also gave them the edge to survive at higher key.

Meanwhile, UH does not exist because they just die.

We will just have to wait and see what they will do to us in 8.1. But as far as the unholy specc feels and performs I am actually quite satisfied with it as it is right now.

My UH DK sims only slightly behind my equally geared assassination rogue friend. I'll take that.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Found UH so far to be quite engaging and fun with 1/1/2/1/3/1/2 bursting sores/unholy frenzy build. Right now with the haste levels I just can't imagine being able to play UH without unholy frenzy

I haven't tried Frost yet, but I haven't been able to get my hands on any 1H weapons yet to be able to test it. Blood feels like it's in a great spot right now, I've spent most of my time tanking heroics to gear up and skip the queue times
    Frost just feels bad without a high GS.
    KM never procs since you got no crit and overall the hits feel very weak.
    If you get 3 Froststrike perks with a 45% chance on crit to get a KM buff Frost could be fun again.

have you tried to duel , you die in seconds

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    have you tried to duel , you die in seconds

This is no bueno.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly new to my DK, so maybe y'all can comment. But, I feel like Unholy is really clunky? Stacking haste like a boss & I still feel starved. I feel like compared to other DPS classes out there UDK is exceptionally underwhelming...
    Am I missing something or is this just how it is before they decide what to buff/nerf???
    I don't want to ditch my DK this early in the xpac, but so far I'm less than pleased...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnfairStuff View Post
    I'm fairly new to my DK, so maybe y'all can comment. But, I feel like Unholy is really clunky? Stacking haste like a boss & I still feel starved. I feel like compared to other DPS classes out there UDK is exceptionally underwhelming...
    Am I missing something or is this just how it is before they decide what to buff/nerf???
    I don't want to ditch my DK this early in the xpac, but so far I'm less than pleased...
    I think it's more of a matter of maximizing uptime on runic corruption. Stacking haste won't save you if you don't play around it. I often save my Soul Reaper for times i get starved. i believe i end starved for poor rotation. Spamming too much runes or rp.
    Last edited by mmoc35ea8102e9; 2018-08-20 at 06:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladivostok View Post
    I think it's more of a matter of maximizing uptime on runic corruption. Stacking haste won't save you if you don't play around it. I often save my Soul Reaper for times i get starved. i believe i end starved for poor rotation. Spamming too much runes or rp.
    Resource management in combat seems to be a thing again.

Just stockpile rp before next trash pull and make tanks cry as you agro entire pack from 30 yards.

DKs are in a really bad spot, atm. In equal gear, my rogue blows it away in both DPS and survivability. Smh.
    Last edited by Dolus; 2018-08-20 at 12:52 PM.
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle