Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Pretty much, if anything it emphasizes scourge strike-ing under trinket procs more than before.

off topic: turalyon represent!

edit: it makes the scourge strike phase ( where you are no longer concerned with extending your diseases extremely long because they will be wasted) do more damage whereas the buildup does less.

Still have yet to see sim numbers but these % changes aren't exactly massive.
    This and it will be less forgiving on players who are overextending their diseases

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    It reapplies dots each time it ticks.

You can use Unholy Blight, but make sure you have a cancel macro to shut if off when you don't want it to reapply.
    Makes sense. Thanks.

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 06:02 PM ----------

One other question in regards to trinkets. My DK is just my main alt for the time being and as such I'm only going for LFR gear, but I do have Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun (LFR). Is Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault better than Primordius' Talisman of Rage (LFR)? If neither are the best options, which trinket should I aim for?

Quote Originally Posted by delyian View Post
    The most recent round of PTR changes reduce the damage of Festering Strike by 12.5%, and increase Scourge Strike by 22%.

Now, from what I know of Festerblight, you are able to overall increase your DPS on select fights by 5-8%, which is significant but not gamebreaking. I'm wondering that if the increase in damage from scourge strike, and decrease in festering strike will essentially counteract the damage gained from festerblighting. I don't know the math on it, but I would assume that was essentially the intended change - to make the standard rotation comparable or better than a festerblight scenario.
    Based on simcraft profiles from EJ, this is a 2.40% total single-target buff to Festerblight and a 2.47% buff to normal unholy. So unless Festerblight is only 0.07% better than Unholy (it's much more than that) or they changed something else like setting diseases to recalculate every tick, Festerblight remains on top.

Unholy (with festerblight) is the top spec in the entire game right now; it does not need/deserve buffs. I suspect there are more changes to come.

At the festerblight changes, first remember to keep calm and don't panic. It's on the PTR only, and just like tri-spec, there is a decent chance it will never make it to live servers. There is also a decent chance there are more changes to come. More info to come.
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits

Theres no way they intended to buff FB. I would expect nerfs.

since they're not touching disease damage, i believe their intent is more to switch UH to be a "re-apply strong DoTs, and use SS with death runes" instead of "Roll super dots throughout whole fight"

this seems to be a buff on any fight where we can't do a full festerblight rotation, and it makes not getting all your procs lined up at the start less punishing.

To be honest this isn't really a nerf at all. Most DKs are already weaving a large number of Scourge Strikes on trinket procs/synapse springs.

Going from my Durumu kill last night

520 ilevel
    517 Shinka
    502 Feather

6.6% Festering Strike - 5,492,992
    5.1% Scourge Strike Physical - 4,307,143
    3.9% Scourge Strike Shadow - 3,281,178

Totals Before Changes
    Festering Strike - 5,492,992 Damage
    Scourge Strike - 7,588,321 Damage

Total - 13,081,313 Damage

What the numbers would look roughly look like after changes
    Festering Strike - 4,882,660 Damage
    Scourge Strike - 9,257,752 Damage

Total = 14,140,411 Damage

Quote Originally Posted by Mendenbarr View Post
    At the festerblight changes, first remember to keep calm and don't panic.
    Omg panic! *runs around hysterically*

On a more serious note, yeah changes seems half baked at this point, might need to update ye olde PTR.

One other question in regards to trinkets. My DK is just my main alt for the time being and as such I'm only going for LFR gear, but I do have Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun (LFR). Is Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault better than Primordius' Talisman of Rage (LFR)? If neither are the best options, which trinket should I aim for?

Deleted
    With these changes, they didn't intend to kill FB but to emphasize that Unholy should be a spec where you roll high-AP diseases and spend Death runes on SS.
    Now, there will simply be a bigger gap between DKs who overuse FeS and those who actually play the spec properly: use SS upon trinket procs.

I have a couple of questions. My ilvl is 504 and im curious as to whether i should be using the realism stat weights Mendenbarr provided. Secondly, I got Gaze of the Twins(LFR) the other day. Should i use that over 496 Darkmist Vortex?

Im on US-Kargath name Orrimer. I cant post links yet.

I wouldn't get too excited.

Unholy is arguably the strongest non-cloth DPS spec in the game, and that should set off warning bells. Only cloth-wearing, weakling nancy boy specs are allowed to be outliers for long, and it seems very suspicious that Blizzard would buff a spec that is already well above average.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WildcatTM View Post
    I'd say Feather and Shado-pan with what you have there. The most strength in a perfect setting (which happens surprisingly often)

Deleted
    Im pretty sure those changes will be coupled with a disease nerf in a future build. In total this would accomplish less pvp dmg (where our dmg is op atm), less aoe (too strong aswell), but same single target dmg...

Deleted
    Well these are only tooltip changes so they will probably be changing something internally with diseases that justifies this buff.

Quote Originally Posted by makkk View Post
    Well these are only tooltip changes so they will probably be changing something internally with diseases that justifies this buff.
    That's what I thought too, until this tweet.

Worst case scenario, 5.3 goes live with Unholy being buffed, leading to a quick brutal hotfix nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    Theres no way they intended to buff FB. I would expect nerfs.
    They intended to make it seemingly less mandatory, whether they accomplished this I don't know, but it's not as if Festerblight is ahead of every other class by leaps and bounds (or at all), nothing really to nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    They intended to make it seemingly less mandatory, whether they accomplished this I don't know, but it's not as if Festerblight is ahead of every other class by leaps and bounds (or at all), nothing really to nerf.
    I hope so. But we will see. I certainly hope they dont nerf Unholy, but I expect it at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was wandering what Festerblight was, then i came here. Are you telling me this is something new? I thought this is how unholy was supposed to be played. Jack up your disease from trinkets and such and keep them from falling off. How else do you play unholy?
    CPU :- AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
    Ram :- 32GB GeIL super luce rgb 3000Mhz
    Mobo :- TUF 570x wifi
    GPU :- Strix 2080ti OC
    Cooling :- NZXT z73 Kraken 360

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBoss View Post
    I was wandering what Festerblight was, then i came here. Are you telling me this is something new? I thought this is how unholy was supposed to be played. Jack up your disease from trinkets and such and keep them from falling off. How else do you play unholy?
    There's a difference between "jack up your diseases from trinkets and keep them from falling off" and "jack up you diseases from trinkets and make sure the jacked up diseases don't get overwritten."
    It's could've and would've. Not could of and would of. Not sure when "of" started meaning "have," but everyone who thinks it does needs to go back to school.