Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I hope they really turn it around, the data we have at the moment is quite disheartening especially since the high dps of festerblight may solve itself next patch even without blizzard intervention.

As Mendenbarr said in his EJ post, unless another trinket comes next patch that gives higher than a 549 feather would, feather would continue to be our bis but this doesn't seem to consider a fairly big factor. Surely it is only festerblight's BIS and not normal unholy.

As a theoretical example, if in 5.4 a trinket came out that gave 7000 strength with 100% uptime, it would probably be quite good for normal unholy but because its strength is lower than feather's, it wouldn't for festerblight. This difference would allow normal unholy to "catch up" to festerblight in a way. I am not nearly as familiar with the sims as others, but I imagine that normal unholy is the more weapon dependent spec and this leads to my next point: weapon upgrades would also close the gap between festerblight and normal unholy.

Honestly not sure if this made sense i'm exhausted,l i'll try to reread later. Though I am pretty hopeful after seeing the most recent tweet.

If I had to speculate it would be that tricks would be modified to dynamically update and the unholy might nerf reverted. However I could totally see the strike change staying. It buffs both festerblight and normal, but it buffs normal more and brings it closer to that "high risk moderate reward" that is their goal.
    Last edited by Nangz; 2013-05-08 at 05:06 PM.

UM effects FB and unholy equally, and even with feather, it's barley hanging on because of tricks. If they make tricks update dynamically AND keep the strike changes, with or without feather, bye bye festerblight.
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    You want to use an unreliable 20% buff over a reliable 15% buff?

It could be possible to make something happen with DW RC/CG cheesing it even further using a sha-touched weapon then switching to a 2h after applying the powered up diseases. But that's not really feasible as the chance for the necessary "super diseases" not to happen is by far higher than actually getting them. If you look for that lucky try to cheese some WoL meters okay, but otherwise I wouldn't advise to try that stunt.
    I honestly think after reading this post that you are right, I think having our regular FB buffs, which can be applied without gimmicks, would be much better in every single realistic raid situation. I'll try and see if I can replicate this on a dummy or something just for fun, but I absolutely agree with you, your first sentence pretty much sealed the deal for me. Thanks for the constructive criticism, it's always much appreciated

Deleted
    https://mobile.twitter.com/holinka

Unholy might nerf reverted

Time to re-do all the math! Yay!

Good thing you weren't doing all the math during Beta when changes were announced daily. That gets old really fast.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

I can imagine. I've got it mostly automated now though, so I can just set and forget.

All unholy changes reverted as of patch notes. Tricks of the Trade no longer buff our diseases.

Personally, i'm pleased with this. Less reliant on other classes like this is a good change in my opinion. Its no change for those of us who don't have the luxury of a rogue

Source : http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-notes-may-14/

This is a good change, all other changes have been reverted. It makes festerblight not as good, but takes away relying on someone else to be able to do your max damage. I hope they stick with this change.

Deleted
    Festerblight still on top by a bit without tricks, no doubt about that.

So UM nerf is going live, my question is would Festerblight still be worth playing on fights like Jinrokh/Jikun where you get temporary damage bonuses? My instincts say yes, but I might be missing something obvious here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    So UM nerf is going live, my question is would Festerblight still be worth playing on fights like Jinrokh/Jikun where you get temporary damage bonuses? My instincts say yes, but I might be missing something obvious here.
    There is no UM nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    There is no UM nerf.
    The 15% -> 10% UM nerf is going live with 5.3 according to the latest notes and PvP developer Holinka.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    There is no UM nerf.

About that...

Maybe it's just an Off-night.

But between the Unholy Might changes, and the Tricks Damage-removal, I'm noticing like a 50,000 DPS loss per-fight compared to last week.

Last Week - Blood Plague Average Tick on Jin'rokh = 71,000 (reg) and 139,000 (crit)
    Last Week - Frost Fever Average Tick on Jin'rokh = 49,000 (reg) and 88,600 (crit)

This Week - Blood Plague Average Tick on Jin'rokh = 54,600 (reg) and 101,000 (crit)
    This Week - Frost Fever Average Tick on Jin'rokh = 36,800 (reg) and 78,000 (crit)
    Last edited by Breyers; 2013-05-22 at 02:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breyers View Post
    Maybe it's just an Off-night.

But between the Unholy Might changes, and the Tricks Damage-removal, I'm noticing like a 50,000 DPS loss per-fight compared to last week.

Last Week - Blood Plague Average Tick on Jin'rokh = 71,000 (reg) and 139,000 (crit)
    Last Week - Frost Fever Average Tick on Jin'rokh = 49,000 (reg) and 88,600 (crit)

This Week - Blood Plague Average Tick on Jin'rokh = 54,600 (reg) and 101,000 (crit)
    This Week - Frost Fever Average Tick on Jin'rokh = 36,800 (reg) and 78,000 (crit)
    50k DPS will be an off-night, don't know what your gear is like but shouldn't be losing 1/3 to 1/4 of your DPS - Keep in mind the difference between my best and second best attempts on Jin'Rokh are like 258K and 220K, likely down to using the spark of zandalar trinket originally which lined up pretty nicely with the pool.

Simming myself with approximate str values showed a difference of about 3-3.5% DPS with the changes. Seeing as it's a flat nerf to strength that should also translate to festerblight (unless I'm missing something)

EDIT - was going to do more accurate testing but EU armory is down, might be more like a 4% DPS loss, still not the end of the world but "meh" comes to mind.
    Last edited by mmoc0cdb03e806; 2013-05-22 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    50k DPS will be an off-night, don't know what your gear is like but shouldn't be losing 1/3 to 1/4 of your DPS - Keep in mind the difference between my best and second best attempts on Jin'Rokh are like 258K and 220K, likely down to using the spark of zandalar trinket originally which lined up pretty nicely with the pool.

Simming myself with approximate str values showed a difference of about 3-3.5% DPS with the changes. Seeing as it's a flat nerf to strength that should also translate to festerblight (unless I'm missing something)
    Tricks Damage Removal.

Deleted
    Tricks Damage Removal.
    Oh, you were one of the lucky ones that had it in the first place :-(

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    Oh, you were one of the lucky ones that had it in the first place :-(
    It's just an unnecessarily large blow, at least in my opinion.

They are wanting us to go back to the standard (and more 'dry') Unholy playstyle, without even giving us the Scourge Strike buff they first indicated.

It's just an unnecessarily large blow, at least in my opinion.

They are wanting us to go back to the standard (and more 'dry') Unholy playstyle, without even giving us the Scourge Strike buff they first indicated.
    The SS buff would still be a buff to those playing Festerblight properly, especially on short fights.