Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrus View Post
    Exactly who are these "lots of people" that reforge away from haste?
    let me pull up my comprehensive list.
    or you could look through these forums and see people saying they do, using the 'realism' stat weights on the first page of this for festerblight. People saying they reforge one way for raids and another dk reforges a different way and their damage is very similar (which if you look at the stat weights for festerblight they're all pretty close together).

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    let me pull up my comprehensive list.
    or you could look through these forums and see people saying they do, using the 'realism' stat weights on the first page of this for festerblight. People saying they reforge one way for raids and another dk reforges a different way and their damage is very similar (which if you look at the stat weights for festerblight they're all pretty close together).
    No top end raider does so to my knowledge nor do the most respected theorycrafters. It's an interesting concept, although I'm not convinced that it is an actual improvement, which is why I was asking.

    Arv
    Kruciel
    Lamperoque
    Mendenbarr
    Nangz

    edit: Added a link to the OP's profile as well
    Last edited by Necrus; 2013-07-24 at 12:21 AM.

  3. #183
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrus View Post
    Exactly who are these "lots of people" that reforge away from haste?
    There is one like 6/13H DK around here who does. Other than that, no one I've seen. Not saying it's bad, just saying I haven't seen anyone doing it anywhere.

  4. #184
    Herald of the Titans Varyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrus View Post
    No top end raider does so to my knowledge nor do the most respected theorycrafters. It's an interesting concept, although I'm not convinced that it is an actual improvement, which is why I was asking.

    Arv
    Kruciel
    Lamperoque
    Mendenbarr
    Nangz

    edit: Added a link to the OP's profile as well
    This makes me quite curious. I see all over the place that crit surpasses haste, but no one is actually like....doing that. Seems unusual, or I'm just missing something.

  5. #185
    Dreadlord vmagik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Acherus
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    This makes me quite curious. I see all over the place that crit surpasses haste, but no one is actually like....doing that. Seems unusual, or I'm just missing something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrus View Post
    Exactly who are these "lots of people" that reforge away from haste?
    Haste's not worthless or anything - If I understood bals correctly then the whole "people reforge away from haste" comment wasn't implying that people reforge COMPLETELY away from haste... They get to a point where they're comfortable and then reforge into crit. If you're rocking BiS then you can generally afford to have 10-11k haste and then as much/more crit to go along with it. Hell, there's even a DK on here (maxweii iirc) who has something like 2k haste and 12k mastery and still does decent DPS.

    Haste is still important, even when using a festerblight rotation. The more haste you have the more rppm procs occur, the more festering strikes you can use without spending death runes on them which almost "passively" extends your diseases while leaving you free to use Scourge Strikes on trinket procs etc. Not to mention more haste meaning more burst on switching to adds/targets that die quickly.

    As far as I'm aware stat weights are specific to gear and reforges... Seeing "crit - 2.4, haste - 2.2, mastery 2.3" doesn't mean "reforge and gem everything to crit" because by the time you've done that your weights will have fluctuated wildly :-/
    Amazing signature courtesy of Shyama

  6. #186
    I can give my thoughts on this as a 13/13 raider for 6 weeks :
    Because crit is rng and even having like 35% crit raid buffed (i don't have that since i lack pieces, hello bosses dropping no plate loot in 25 man for a month) i've seen wol and recounts showing pitiful crit % on SR/melee attacks/blood boils and to a lesser extent diseases especially frost fever which for one i don't understand why (to a point where crit % was 10% below personal crit chance on each ability and that was during several 8/10 min fights including lei shen kill).
    All those are pretty much top 5/6 moves in some (most) encounters..
    At least haste is a fixed number and increases rppm procs, sd procs, rune regens etc.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    Haste's not worthless or anything - If I understood bals correctly then the whole "people reforge away from haste" comment wasn't implying that people reforge COMPLETELY away from haste... They get to a point where they're comfortable and then reforge into crit. If you're rocking BiS then you can generally afford to have 10-11k haste and then as much/more crit to go along with it. Hell, there's even a DK on here (maxweii iirc) who has something like 2k haste and 12k mastery and still does decent DPS.
    Rockin dat 2k haste all day ereryday ~
    But seriously, I do run with that little haste (i'll leave an armory link below). I stated in this or some other thread my guild's 4 dk's haste points, and it works out to 2k, 7k, 9, and I think 11k? Obviously mine is way different then theirs but overall we are all doing just about equal damage. I even tried this weekend (Heroic Lei Shen progression pushes me to try crazy things) switching to a haste heavier build and it just wasn't right for me. I like my 2k haste, it's very enjoyable and a good spot for me, I make it work but I know the other dk's in my guild wouldn't be able to. We all just kinda find out our sweet spot and then reforge to other stats.
    Armory

  8. #188
    I cannot see reforging out of Haste. No. Maybe not reforging into it, but def not reforging out, especially into 2k haste.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyllo View Post
    I cannot see reforging out of Haste. No. Maybe not reforging into it, but def not reforging out, especially into 2k haste.
    To each his own, Fester seems to be pretty accepting of our stats and there is minor variations on dps with stats more so then player skill.

  10. #190
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    31,239
    Anyone know of an addon that shows disease power? ElvUI shows "197 shadow damage per second"...

  11. #191
    Dreadlord vmagik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Acherus
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Anyone know of an addon that shows disease power? ElvUI shows "197 shadow damage per second"...
    DKDots
    DKDiseases

    Both should be on curse, both do similar things...

    DKDiseases is newer, doesn't account for tricks anymore, probably more accurate and less likely to randomly disappear from your UI.
    DKDots is the original and has more customisation options.
    Last edited by vmagik; 2013-07-26 at 06:40 AM.
    Amazing signature courtesy of Shyama

  12. #192
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,762
    I've been using DK dots to great success. I track all my AP buffs w/ WA, but its very nice for when you don't get that perfect start, or need to switch targets (IQ).

  13. #193
    I will increment DKDiseases because for me DKDots has been disappearing in the middle of fights, at the end of others or just not working at all (while the block would still be visible but empty). Even had few "false" resets of ticks when i could literally see a full grown set of blood plague ticking. Never had any issue regarding DKDiseases.

    You can track ToT in the newer version, they updated the focus frame this week, the amount of customization is more than enough.

  14. #194
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    31,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Inambour View Post
    I will increment DKDiseases because for me DKDots has been disappearing in the middle of fights, at the end of others or just not working at all (while the block would still be visible but empty). Even had few "false" resets of ticks when i could literally see a full grown set of blood plague ticking. Never had any issue regarding DKDiseases.

    You can track ToT in the newer version, they updated the focus frame this week, the amount of customization is more than enough.
    Sounds good to me. I though they only tracked that you had the diseases up, not the power. I'll install them and try tonight.

  15. #195
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,762
    Ye basically red is "Strongbad diseases up" yellow is equal diseases, and green is "lol put up stronger diseases n00b."

  16. #196
    Herald of the Titans Varyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Anyone know of an addon that shows disease power? ElvUI shows "197 shadow damage per second"...
    DKDiseases is what I use, it's a very good add-on and I'd recommend it.

    It shows strength and relative strength after initial apply.

    Say you put dots up and it'll say 110 (you can change to other units of measurement, I prefer percent tho) that means reapplying would deal 110% of their current dmg. It's also color-coded as someone mentioned, Green=dps increase (you can adjust at what increase it changes colors, I have mine at 10%) Yellow=about the same, and red=dps loss
    Last edited by Varyk; 2013-07-27 at 07:41 PM.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Ye basically red is "Strongbad diseases up" yellow is equal diseases, and green is "lol put up stronger diseases n00b."
    I use compact runes which may be the same or similar set up. Red is weaker diseases (do not overwrite), white is equal diseases, yellow is slightly stronger, and green is much stronger.

  18. #198
    With Gary and UF both being reduced with Galk's Eye trink, along with the crit trinket, it should be pretty interesting to see what happens to Fester. I'm honestly just as excited to see all the changes and info on it as I am for the patch itself to come to pass

  19. #199
    I'm wondering how traditional might go, with re-applying on str procs, while using a high mast build with the amp trink and the cdr reduc trink.

    with no number tunings out yet, i dunno how any of our stuff will change, but i am definitely thinking that mastery will go up in value, and haste will go down, with reduced UF, garg, and AMS giving us more gary uptime with mast scaling, more haste inc uptime, and more chances at runic with ams (especially with the new glyph to reduc the cd too if the whole shield isn't used).

    also depends on how the procs are related, since they have the same str proc, essentially. is anyway for someone on the ptr to check if they can both proc at once/share icd, etc....

  20. #200
    most people would say haste is 'capped' at ~10k so you're not really saying anything new.

    i really hope you're just dumb and saying the same old shit.

    Infracted.
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2013-08-04 at 12:04 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •