Jewelcrafting tokens (WotLK + Cata)

I will start off by saying that there are much more important things that the devs have to worry about than this suggestion (my fellow recipe collectors will understand my sentiment, however).

It was very convenient when the WotLK cooking tokens could also be used for the Cata recipes, and vice versa, allowing players to collect all of the recipes and the cooking hat in half the time. This was also done when all of the different types of points were combined into one type of currency at the end of WotLK, and also when the battleground marks were just turned into honor points.

I would love to see this done with the jewelcrafting tokens. Again, not an extremely relevant change, but something I know collectors going after JC recipes would love to see. Just my .02

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something to be said for it, I guess. Tbh, I kinda liked having my JC parked in Dalaran for some time and doing the dailies there to get the tokens. If they made this change it's highly likely people would take the path of least resistance and go for the easier Cata dailies, and just not bother with the Wrath ones at all. Not saying that's a bad thing, but it's an effect at least. On the whole I'm not sure Blizz will want to change anything for such a small audience when there's a perfectly viable way to get things any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    ehh, it might be more important then xskarma is thinking. the fact that blizz is looking at ways of adding catch up mechanics to professions gives this suggestion more merit. im not disagreeing with either side of this story. true it would allow players choice and that they would ultimately choose the easiest set. its still more possible now, then ever before to get a currency consolidation.

cooking got interesting changes, black-smithing just got a look at. so its not too far fetched that if BS was well accepted, more professions will get reworked. eventually leading to JC, and the fact that it has multiple currencies for multiple sets of patterns. to me thats bloat.

i would like to see them changed. they are old patterns, why not let players do the better designed dailies and collect the older patterns?
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    ehh, it might be more important then xskarma is thinking. the fact that blizz is looking at ways of adding catch up mechanics to professions gives this suggestion more merit. im not disagreeing with either side of this story. true it would allow players choice and that they would ultimately choose the easiest set. its still more possible now, then ever before to get a currency consolidation.

cooking got interesting changes, black-smithing just got a look at. so its not too far fetched that if BS was well accepted, more professions will get reworked. eventually leading to JC, and the fact that it has multiple currencies for multiple sets of patterns. to me thats bloat.

i would like to see them changed. they are old patterns, why not let players do the better designed dailies and collect the older patterns?
    True, they have looked at other professions, and I hope they eventually get some more permanent way to catch up in various professions then the one they made for BS (which will be just as hard as the old ones, once we leave Mists and Ghost Iron becomes rare) but IF they are going to look at it I actually hope they do more then just consolidate the tokens.

So I'm not against this idea, but I think Blizz will either make a bigger overhaul then just change the currencies OR not bother at all and just leave it. So, it's a decent idea to make things simpler, but I personally don't think Blizz will go for it. There are better ways to help this problem and the profession.

(There's actually a thread high on the thread list right now that involves a new faction, with dailies and rep that will allow you to get currency to buy and and all old recipes from all the professions, an idea with it's own problems, but it's something that is more along the lines of the massive overhaul the system could use, I feel.)

It somewhat annoys me to run the profession scan on my DK (whom I leveled JC on 1-600 when I started back playing in MoP to get Master of All achievement) and see I only have ~30% of all the patterns...then I look at all those old ones and most all of them require tokens. LOTS of tokens. Fortunately, they are all obsolete and aren't necessary. They just annoy my OCD for having all the things. :P