Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Why do I sense this "area" is a teaser for Siege.
    I'd be disappointed if they used the same scenery as BRD/BRC/MC and now this scenario.

I think it's going to be a small area for the Sha of Pride fight. Since it seems pretty obvious that is what is behind that door. At least with current knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    you know it might even be the entrance to the instance itself. We all assume the raid will take play in orgrimmar itself, but for all we know that could simply be a topside and quest chain to get into the heart of orgrimmar where Garrosh has ran to.
    Possible, but the raid instance portal will need to be somewhere easily accessable to both factions. I wouldn't be shocked if it's actually in Pandaria for convenience just as DS was in Caverns of Time. Still, it is possible. Everyone assumes the last raid will be called Siege of Orgrimmar. While I assume for now the raid will start with the siege itself, it's possible there will be scenarios leading into it or something, and it's only the patch that is called Siege of Org.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who's starting to feel kinda pissed they stop making epic looking instances that we can't access until the end or a major patch, but just sits there ominously? Ones like icc, black temple, AQ and naxxramas. Now its just 'take this portal to the instance, its not here its somewhere else or in another time period'.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I think it's going to be a small area for the Sha of Pride fight. Since it seems pretty obvious that is what is behind that door. At least with current knowledge.
    I think the area covered by the scenario will be a boss chamber in the raid, but I'm also thinking the Sha of Pride will be on the other side of the door. I'm actually guessing the door will be an entrance to the final wing of the raid of the raid rather then just the final boss encounter.

This actually plays into a theory I've been developing on the overall structure of the SoO raid. Basically I believe it will start with a series of bosses in Orgrimmar proper that will be very Horde-feeling. Orc generals, maybe a couple loyalists from other races, things like that. However then it will descend into an expanded Ragefire Chasm (the original instance might not be featured at all) and the further players go the less recognizable the Horde themes become. First shifting to Dark Shaman and Elemental bosses, and then in the final section to Sha-themed bosses including the Sha of Pride, ending with a Sha-empowered Garrosh as the final boss.

That way the raid sort of illustrates how Garrosh has slipped further and further away from the ideals that define the modern Horde.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Am I the only one who's starting to feel kinda pissed they stop making epic looking instances that we can't access until the end or a major patch, but just sits there ominously? Ones like icc, black temple, AQ and naxxramas. Now its just 'take this portal to the instance, its not here its somewhere else or in another time period'.
    That is the very intention of Orgrimmar in 5.3. I assume onward too.

I think it's nice if it fits. And, honestly, I got that feeling from the scenario.

I think the area covered by the scenario will be a boss chamber in the raid, but I'm also thinking the Sha of Pride will be on the other side of the door. I'm actually guessing the door will be an entrance to the final wing of the raid of the raid rather then just the final boss encounter.

This actually plays into a theory I've been developing on the overall structure of the SoO raid. Basically I believe it will start with a series of bosses in Orgrimmar proper that will be very Horde-feeling. Orc generals, maybe a couple loyalists from other races, things like that. However then it will descend into an expanded Ragefire Chasm (the original instance might not be featured at all) and the further players go the less recognizable the Horde themes become. First shifting to Dark Shaman and Elemental bosses, and then in the final section to Sha-themed bosses including the Sha of Pride, ending with a Sha-empowered Garrosh as the final boss.

That way the raid sort of illustrates how Garrosh has slipped further and further away from the ideals that define the modern Horde.
    That would be pretty awesome.

Another theory my friend and I were discussing is what if Thrall happened to have been captured and was being held behind that area? As much as I dislike Thrall showing up in another freaking expansion to step into the savior role, he has.

Another theory my friend and I were discussing is what if Thrall happened to have been captured and was being held behind that area? As much as I dislike Thrall showing up in another freaking expansion to step into the savior role, he has.
    Thrall being captured and turned into a raid boss is one of my bigger hopes, though I'm trying not to lean on it too much. We know he's sneaking in, but having it be an easy in and out just doesn't sound right to me. I'm hoping for a corrupted Thrall decked in sha infused Doomhammer plate. Come on Blizz!!!

That would be pretty awesome.

I would definitely not rule out a Thrall encounter in the SoO. My guess is we'll either be fighting, and ultimately purifying, a Sha-possessed Thrall, or we'll be defending an incapacitated Thrall from becoming Sha-possessed in the first place. Doesn't mean he'll be the hero of the raid of course (and I honestly don't think he will be), but the fact is it would be very difficult to have a raid in the Horde capital without involving Thrall somehow.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    Thrall being captured and turned into a raid boss is one of my bigger hopes, though I'm trying not to lean on it too much. We know he's sneaking in, but having it be an easy in and out just doesn't sound right to me. I'm hoping for a corrupted Thrall decked in sha infused Doomhammer plate. Come on Blizz!!!
    That would just be amazing And coupled with no saving him!

Quote Originally Posted by Straamibuu View Post
    That would just be amazing And coupled with no saving him!

I doubt Blizz would have him killed, they've invested far too much time and development into his character just to off him as a raid boss. We'll probably kick his ass around for a bit before giving him some sort of knock in the head to incapacitate him, and then let the Earthen Ring or something deal with him. I kind of don't want him involved in Garrosh's beat down... so....we'll just leave him on the floor....in the corner....

Honestly, it doesn't bother me. It's not like they do this all the time. They just do it when it fits the story. It made sense to put the instance portals for the 5 mans in CoT, and to just put the raid there too while they were at it rather than to dump a random instance portal outside of Wyrmrest. This will potentially only be the second time they've done this, and we don't even know where SoO's instance portal will be at yet.

The secret of Ragefire is that there's a secret in Ragefire.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    I would definitely not rule out a Thrall encounter in the SoO. My guess is we'll either be fighting, and ultimately purifying, a Sha-possessed Thrall, or we'll be defending an incapacitated Thrall from becoming Sha-possessed in the first place. Doesn't mean he'll be the hero of the raid of course (and I honestly don't think he will be), but the fact is it would be very difficult to have a raid in the Horde capital without involving Thrall somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah
    I doubt Blizz would have him killed, they've invested far too much time and development into his character just to off him as a raid boss. We'll probably kick his ass around for a bit before giving him some sort of knock in the head to incapacitate him, and then let the Earthen Ring or something deal with him. I kind of don't want him involved in Garrosh's beat down... so....we'll just leave him on the floor....in the corner....
    You guys are convincing me that he might be a boss.

Kicking Thrall's ass in a raid capacity would be kind of a wet dream as a WoW player and lore fan, not going to lie. I hadn't even considered that Thrall could be the one dealing with the Sha of Pride. That would most certainly be interesting. It could also be potentially interesting to see Garrosh's Dark Shaman trying to somehow manipulate or change Thrall, perhaps in a way that that those Mutated Orcs are.

10+ Year Old Account
    you know it might even be the entrance to the instance itself. We all assume the raid will take play in orgrimmar itself, but for all we know that could simply be a topside and quest chain to get into the heart of orgrimmar where Garrosh has ran to.
    Yeah, ive thought that as well. What if the patch is just named Siege of Orgrimmar, but thats not the raids name at all. a few scenarios/daily quest, and quest chain make up the actual siege part, and the raid is like in rfc.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    While I like the idea, it just seems a bit too similar to the Thrall quest line at the start of "Rage of the firelands".

Quote Originally Posted by Goldscar View Post
    While I like the idea, it just seems a bit too similar to the Thrall quest line at the start of "Rage of the firelands".
    While you are correct, you're ignoring the fact that Thrall is Metzen's boy.

Garrosh had in interest in Mogu artifacts and the ability to make a stone army. I bet he has put that Mogu technology down there along with the heart and/or the sha of pride. I wouldn't be surprised if there were mantid around due to the heart being there. Basically making it so the whole raid has all the evils of Pandaria working together.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrlogar View Post
    Garrosh had in interest in Mogu artifacts and the ability to make a stone army. I bet he has put that Mogu technology down there along with the heart and/or the sha of pride. I wouldn't be surprised if there were mantid around due to the heart being there. Basically making it so the whole raid has all the evils of Pandaria working together.
    One thing Garrosh has always been good at is collecting from the previous expansions (gronns, ettin, magnataur). So I think it will be more the Mogu technology.

10+ Year Old Account
    The textures & enviroment is amazing, unless its just the 1080p.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the new raid would take place beneath Orgrimmar all along D: Blizz did say that Garrosh is up to no good down there, so I always assumed the raid would take place in RFC and beyond. But this "Thrall might be a boss"-theory is very interesting. When I first heard the sound files for 5.3 with Thrall going into Org my first thought was that his lines was setting him up to die, buuut.. he's Thrall. He can't just die off like that. Now, he did deal with lots of his emotions during the questline that starts around his marriage, but I can't remember if he dealt with Pride. If not, it's possible that he will first be captured by Garrosh and then corrupted by the Sha of Pride simply by being so damn close to it, and then we'll have to attack him down to 1% so he can regain his uncorrupted state.

Because honestly, a lot of people would love to smash Thrall for a bit, and there aren't *that* many well-known NPCs that could be interesting bosses for this raid. Having Thrall in there would certainly up the awesomeness.

A bit more OT: The scenario looks neat as hell!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt