Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Secrets of Ragefire

Sorry if this was posted somewhere else, I looked for a little bit and only saw the audio. While recording the rest of the 5.3 PTR story for "But Wait! There's Lore!" I did the "Secrets of Ragefire" scenario, which you aren't actually directed to do by the story. And it didn't make sense to me, because I think it's actually my favorite one in 5.3. Here's the entire scenario for those who are curious:

Was a bit of a let down for me. All it does is tease you with the idea of there being secrets down there, but you don't learn what Garrosh is doing behind that door, and unless I missed something, you don't even really get a hint. Just a racist orc yelling at you. Not bad gameplay wise, but it's just a teaser for things to come and that annoyed me a little.

hey guys O-O what if the daily hub in 5.4...... is in ragefire caverns @_@ DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNN
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Hee, so seems the dragonmaw are working closely with Garrosh, so we're be fighting them.

We already got an idea of some of the stuff we'd be seeing later on in the updated version of ragefire, with the direorc in what.

Also, my theory, this will infact be as part of the final raid, this area will be a boss fight, and whats behind that door will be uncovered.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds of Cataclysm heroics, And i like it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    odds are thats where Garrosh is hiding the heart.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    odds are thats where Garrosh is hiding the heart.
    Ye i think so to, What is there else to hide?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess if not the heart its going to be a boss, Garrosh seems to be experimenting with several things down there, so whatever it is... which, we haven't gotten much of a clue what, it'll be a boss.
    #boycottchina

Why do I sense this "area" is a teaser for Siege.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Why do I sense this "area" is a teaser for Siege.
    thought the same thing.
    #boycottchina

It's likely the heart is being held in there. But I hope it's something else. We already know he has the heart, I hope Garrosh is up to something else entirely beyond that door, otherwise it would be silly to give us one scenario in 5.3 that shows him getting the heart, and then another that taunts us with a super locked door that just turns out to have something we already know about.

To me, this makes it clear that part of Siege of Orgrimmar will take place underground, behind the sealed door of Ragefire. Also, if it is true that Garrosh is working with the Dragonmaw clan then it is possible Zaela will be a raid boss. This cenario is meant to be a teaser and part of a lead up to the siege. We know Garrosh is doing something fishy, but we don't know what exactly. We will probably find out in 5.4

Saw a video on this a while ago. It looks interesting from a lore standpoint. I'm pretty sure this is where they stashed the Heart, and I'm pretty sure(unless they pull it out in the raid) we'll be back down here during the Siege at some point. I'm fairly certain either Malkorok and/or Garrosh will end up using this thing.

Here's my question. I know Grizzle was not a happy Goblin at the end of 'Dark Heart of Pandaria' scenario, but when do these goblins 'defect' and side with Vol'jin? Clearly it's happened, but will we see it? Or is Blizz just gonna let it slide away and let us make our own assumptions?

10+ Year Old Account
    you know it might even be the entrance to the instance itself. We all assume the raid will take play in orgrimmar itself, but for all we know that could simply be a topside and quest chain to get into the heart of orgrimmar where Garrosh has ran to.
    #boycottchina

Just like ToT I think we will see a wide variety of places in orgrimmar, from the surface places, to these secret underground caverns.

Eh, to be honest i expected a little more. Theres not much to say that wasnt said in ragefire chasm about the dark shaman or the general "garrosh is siding with some less than reputable characters" deal.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's one strong bloody door!

What's this "Heart" you are referring to, what did I miss?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Plot twist, that is where the real Garrosh is kept captive by the imposter Garrosh :O

Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    Here's my question. I know Grizzle was not a happy Goblin at the end of 'Dark Heart of Pandaria' scenario, but when do these goblins 'defect' and side with Vol'jin? Clearly it's happened, but will we see it? Or is Blizz just gonna let it slide away and let us make our own assumptions?
    It's heavily implied at the end of "Dark Heart of Pandaria" but there isn't like some official "Ok now we're gone." It seems like they're working with Vol'jin, but still under enough pretense with the Kor'kron (At least before the scenario) that they aren't automatically killed on sight.

What's this "Heart" you are referring to, what did I miss?

Here you go.