10+ Year Old Account

Having a very hard time finding a guild

Man I don't know what to do anymore. I'm in a horrible guild at the moment. Nobody talk, our raids are lackluster, and the people think they are a lot better than they really are. I don't mesh well with these people and I want to find a new home, but nobody wants a Windwalker I know my gear and experience is not where I want it to be, but that's because of my 2 month break. I also like raiding at a hardcore or semi-hardcore level as I take this game fairly seriously. Anyone have any suggestions?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't expect to disappear for 2 months and come back and compete at a semi-hardcore/hardcore level.

If your resume looked impressive then that should be enough to be accepted in a new guild.

Top of the healing charts or DPS charts? That will also be noticed by a recruiter.

Top of healing or DPS is not what makes people notice you.

If you want to get into a good raiding guild, log yourself in the raids. Perform mechanics well, use defensive CD's at optimal times to minimize stress on healers, and generally show that you're good at not dying while still doing competitive DPS. If you're really in a "Horrible guild" then top on the charts there might be considered the "competitive DPS" I formerly spoke of in a hardcore guild. But hardcore guilds don't want "top of charts". They want people that stay alive and can do mechanics to make sure bosses die, not people that meter pad.

Gear also doesn't matter, a lot of hardcore guilds can gear you up in alt runs in a week or two. (Or are already close to done with progression, depending on how "Hardcore" you're looking for, and will thus gear you up for next raid tier.)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not my performance that is lackluster. I just literally have no guilds interested in a WW Monk because they don't bring much raid utility and are lackluster DPS compared to DKs and Rogues. No real reason to bring Monks I guess. Most guilds only want one or maybe two.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyv View Post
    It's not my performance that is lackluster. I just literally have no guilds interested in a WW Monk because they don't bring much raid utility and are lackluster DPS compared to DKs and Rogues. No real reason to bring Monks I guess. Most guilds only want one or maybe two.
    Yet the first post is a link to hundreds of guilds looking for a WW monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gnorrior View Post
    Top of healing or DPS is not what makes people notice you.

If you want to get into a good raiding guild, log yourself in the raids. Perform mechanics well, use defensive CD's at optimal times to minimize stress on healers, and generally show that you're good at not dying while still doing competitive DPS. If you're really in a "Horrible guild" then top on the charts there might be considered the "competitive DPS" I formerly spoke of in a hardcore guild. But hardcore guilds don't want "top of charts". They want people that stay alive and can do mechanics to make sure bosses die, not people that meter pad.

Gear also doesn't matter, a lot of hardcore guilds can gear you up in alt runs in a week or two. (Or are already close to done with progression, depending on how "Hardcore" you're looking for, and will thus gear you up for next raid tier.)
    Yep - you come from a great guild, too. But yah, that's what my guild looks at - whether or not you survive.

Also - sure, not many guilds want a WW, but frankly - a damn good app with a damn good attitude and damn good logs isn't something most guilds would set aside. We recently recruited two players who have little to no gear, little experience this expansion, but both wrote INCREDIBLY detailed apps, had great logs that showed they could handle mechanics, and ended up being pulled in. Obviously we aren't bringing them in for progression, but they will most likely show their worth via farm content and get gear that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyv View Post
    Man I don't know what to do anymore. I'm in a horrible guild at the moment. Nobody talk, our raids are lackluster, and the people think they are a lot better than they really are. I don't mesh well with these people and I want to find a new home, but nobody wants a Windwalker I know my gear and experience is not where I want it to be, but that's because of my 2 month break. I also like raiding at a hardcore or semi-hardcore level as I take this game fairly seriously. Anyone have any suggestions?
    I used to try and find really good guilds myself. But that ended up in me either sitting around doing nothing in a guild waiting for a free spot one week. Or sitting in trade chat guild-less for a month or more. I started to just guild hop, taking invites from guilds that might not be where I would want to be, but are further ahead then where I was. I eventually found a guild that, while growing, showed promise. I have been with them for almost 2 years. I have jumped several chars switching between mains and they didn't care cause they already knew my skill. While we aren't top of the raiding guilds we do a damn good job in raids, and heroic progression. They have no problem with my new main being a monk because they already know how good I am as a player.

You just need to try and find the guild that you fit in. I know I probably just wrote a paragraph of a pointless rant that probably won't help you. Sorry if I did.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    typee "/who 90" in the chat box when you're logged in and ask people if they'll invite you to guild?