Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    I hope you know that you are not "healthy," you are underweight. I don't know why you use this as an argument, it is completely irrelevant to your argument.
    definitely if they were male (or just really short), but i don't know if they are female or not

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    That America playing world police with huge military spending is working against its own defense interests?
    Um... I can agree with the drone strikes are working against the interest, but the problem with military spending is not HOW MUCH we spend, it's what it's used for. Have troops work on defense, sustain the defense spending, we can afford it.

Military budget needs reform, not reduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has the OP ever heard of accidents? Things that happen that you didn't intend to happen? The accidental possibility of injury? I don't go out much but the school bus I ride to school each day is not risk free. On a 45 minute ride a lot can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    everyone will love the healthcare, until waiting lists pop up. And people start getting sicker, and dying.
    Dunno, has worked pretty well here and even after decades of having it from personal experience there's never been longer than 30 minute waitline for non-acute shit and for acute life threatening situations there's no queues.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Why do you pay for some roads,highways that you do not use? Why do you pay taxes?
    Healthcare does not mean people are grabbing your money, it means this money is being stored in a common fund and used when you or others get ill. And even the strongest people get ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Iceland spends .1% of it's GDP.
    Luxembourg spends .6%.
    Ireland spends .6%.
    Switzerland spends .8%.
    Spain spends 1%.

They're all doing fine too.

Yeah... except those countries are in ralitively safe geological locations. But sooner or later, a war will happen, and those countries unfortunately will no longer be a safe haven.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudefender View Post
    The United States is the 4th most populus country... The by far wealthiest country.
    Whats your point?
    My point is that you don't have to spend that much on military, and you'll be fine? It's pretty dumb to think that the USA needs to spend that much simply to defend themselves. As I said, the 10 next countries could ally against the USA and they still would be at a disadvantage in terms of money spent. And lets face it, that's not going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    The United States is the 4th most populus country... The by far wealthiest country.
    Whats your point?

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 06:12 PM ----------

OMFG this is going nowhere.... LOOK THIS UP http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._GDP_(nominal)
    The proportion of our GDP to our defense spending isn't what's important, what's important is that our defense spending is monstrously larger than the rest of the world, to the point that its beginning to get in the way of our ability to spend money on things we need at home because people like you are afraid to take even a dime away from the DoD, even when our military will remain the best in the world if cut in half (and I'm not even arguing to cut it that much.)
    Putin khuliyo

Yeah... except those countries are in ralitively safe geological locations. But sooner or later, a war will happen, and those countries unfortunately will no longer be a safe haven.
    Well you see, I'm still stuck trying to find the answer to the question you posed here:

Yeah do you know what happens to those countries?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

OMFG this is going nowhere.... LOOK THIS UP http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._GDP_(nominal)
    Why does GDP even matter? As far as I know, GDP is not a huge factor in military expenses. Care to show how GDP directly influences the cost of a plane, tank or personnel from country to country?

Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    My point is that you don't have to spend that much on military, and you'll be fine? It's pretty dumb to think that the USA needs to spend that much simply to defend themselves. As I said, the 10 next countries could ally against the USA and they still would be at a disadvantage in terms of money spent. And lets face it, that's not going to happen.
    Don't forget that other countries (even excluding russia) have enough nuclear arsenal to wipe out a good 90%+ of ALL LIFE on this planet, a mass extinction worse than the 65 MYA. You don't think they won't go against us? Idk if you are wearing rose coated glasses or not, but the world is full of traitors in the name of personal interest. Humans are simply vengeful, our spiecies has not advanced to the point we place logic over pure blood thirst.

Face it, a WW3 is comming, nothing you can do about it. I want to be prepared for it. Thats why I support sustaining a military budget somewhere between 700B-800B.

Sooner or later, you are going to suffer from a major injury. Or someone in your family. Or your best friend. Unfortunately, they won't have the money to pay the health care and will have to "deal with it"

Sooner or later, you are going to suffer from a major injury. Or someone in your family. Or your best friend. Unfortunately, they won't have the money to pay the health care and will have to "deal with it"
    Ill help pay for them? I just have no interest helping someone Ill never meet.

whatis: charity
    whatis: private insurance
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget that other countries (even excluding russia) have enough nuclear arsenal to wipe out a good 90%+ of ALL LIFE on this planet, a mass extinction worse than the 65 MYA. You don't think they won't go against us? Idk if you are wearing rose coated glasses or not, but the world is full of traitors in the name of personal interest. Humans are simply vengeful, our spiecies has not advanced to the point we place logic over pure blood thirst.

Face it, a WW3 is comming, nothing you can do about it. I want to be prepared for it. Thats why I support sustaining a military budget somewhere between 700B-800B.
    And Russia/China would be insanely stupid to nuke anyone. Ever hear of MAD?

Besides, if China attacked us, their economy would collapse, they are as dependent on us as we are them, so why would China attack us? Russia is not going to attack us, the Cold War ended before you were born. Russia is not our enemy anymore. And the remaining nuclear armed nations are either our allies or not stupid enough to attack another nuclear armed nation.

I don't think even Kim Jong Un is stupid enough to use a nuke.
    Putin khuliyo

Well you already do by paying taxes to your country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    whatis: charity
    whatis: private insurance
    Charity is nice but it isn't enough to cover everyone who needs it.
    Private insurance is great but not everyone can afford it
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted

..................... That's a great argument against Universal Healthcare. Yep. Morality of taxation-funded medical attention is inversly proportionate to the amount of nuclear weapons possessed by what are (aside from NKorea [which can't even hit US], China [which is getting too much money from US and is on their side now] Pakistan and Iran) US allies.

Combined with the name, this has to be a troll thread.

Russia has nuclear missiles capable of destroying this whole planet. What should we do? Build our own missiles to do the exact same!
    Why can't you just match what Russia and other states do? That would be enough to "defend" yourselves, no? You have to spend waaaaaaaayyyyy more than what they spend, for some reason.

Ill help pay for them? I just have no interest helping someone Ill never meet.
    Well you already do by paying taxes to your country.