Kitty dps. I think is to low

Hola im kinda new to kitty. switched from pally to druid when 5.1 came out. My ilvl is 506. Max dps ive ever gotten is only 138k avg dps is 75-90k depending on if im moving alot of not.

Im prehealing prepotting, (i do not go into stealth) maybe i should? Catdogbear is my druid

this is my wow-heroes. wow-heroes(dot)com/character/us/Kel%27Thuzad/catdogbear

The logs are as follows.

Complete logs of trys- worldoflogs(dot)com/reports/rt-28b996kwmt50u7qk

Jinrok

Everyones dps
    worldoflogs(dot)com/reports/rt-28b996kwmt50u7qk/sum/damageDone/?s=739&e=968
    My dps
    worldoflogs(dot)com/reports/rt-28b996kwmt50u7qk/details/67/?s=739&e=968

Horridon

Everyones dps
    worldoflogs(dot)com/reports/rt-28b996kwmt50u7qk/sum/damageDone/?s=2366&e=2964
    My dps
    worldoflogs(dot)com/reports/rt-28b996kwmt50u7qk/details/67/?s=2366&e=2964

Horridon is a particularly bad fight for ferals so I wouldn't expect to do particularly well there, but I would say you definitely have room for improvement (and that goes for Jinrokh as well).

Character Optimization:
    • You would be better of using a Delicate Primordial Ruby or an Adept Vermilion Onyx (or equivalents) in your shoulders, you can get your hit rating from reforging instead. Which one specifically you should choose you would have to sim your character to find out but it's going to be a small difference either way.
    • It's also not a bad idea to change your cloak enchant to crit rating as you'll probably be having trouble staying under the hit cap sooner or later and having hit to cloak doesn't help with that.
    • Don't be afraid to pickup the VP trinket to replace your Bad Juju, it's quite good even if you waste a little bit of the hit rating, although you'll probably want to replace your gloves first (T14 2p is pretty mediocre so don't worry about breaking it).
    • I would highly recommend using the "Cat Form" glyph instead of Prowl for raiding if you weren't already, your healers will love you for it and more time alive is more time to DPS.

Play (looking at Jin'rokh specifically):

Buff Uptimes:

Your Savage Roar uptime was 90%, and the 10% you lost were from two parts of the fight where your buff was down for around 5+ seconds. Make sure you have something setup (via an addon or whatever you need to do) so that you can very easily see whether or not you have Savage Roar active and how much time as left. If you need it might help to make a prominent sound or visual effect to let you know when the buff expires. It's okay if SR isn't up for absolutely 100% of the time, but you should aim for about 99%; the only thing that should ever damage the boss while you have SR down is your autoattack, and never more than 2 or 3 at a time. As soon as the buff ends you should be mashing your SR key to get it back up.

Your Rip and Rake uptimes are 95% and 84% respectively, these aren't bad but you should be able to do a little better. If you can get these to 99%+ and 90% or so you would see something around a 3.5k DPS increase from that alone.

For Rake, that 5% loss in uptime comes from your opener and a single 2 second drop during the middle of the fight. Make sure your first ability in your opener (except for perhaps Faerie Fire as you run in) is always Rake, you want that extra couple seconds of uptime. Once your pop your TF+Berserk and have most of your procs up you should cast it again to get the stronger one. Rake only does a little bit less direct damage than a Shred or a Mangle so anytime applying it can get you at least 1 tick you wouldn't have otherwise gotten you should do it.

Rip uptime is a bit more abstract to judge how exactly you can improve it. I see in your opener you're casting Savage Roar before Rip, you shouldn't need to do this. Make sure before the pull you're spamming your SR key so that your SR starts with between a 12 and 15 second duration, this extra few seconds will help tremendously in getting your Rip up before your SR falls off, especially in worse gear. In my experience I have enough time to apply Rip and then get another 4 to 5 CP before having to refresh SR, although you may find you're not as likely to get quite as many CP for your SR, but that's ok. Also, using a Dash or Stampeding Roar in on pull if you it's a long way to go can help (or take Wild Charge).

You seem to know this, but refreshing SR/Rip/Rake after their 2nd to last "tick" allows the remaining duration to roll over to the new buff. Take advantage of this to achieve maximum uptime, Rake and SR in particularly are cheap enough that you should be able to passively generate enough energy during that time to refresh them before they fall off. For references these time thresholds are 2 seconds for Rip, and 3 seconds for Savage Roar, Rake, and Thrash.

Over the course of the fight you had 20 Predatory Swiftness procs but only gained Dream of Cenarius 7 times after subtracting the ones you got from Nature's Swiftness. I would say this is definitely your biggest problem; same as for SR, make sure you have your UI set up so you can very clearly see when the buff is up and when it isn't as well as the remaining duration. Make sure that anytime the buff gets to around 1.5 seconds you press Healing Touch regardless of how many CP you're at. This alone will net you at least a couple thousand DPS pretty easily.

Also, it would be wise to use Faerie Fire on pull as most other people are not able to immediately apply it at 3 stacks like we are. You can use it as you're running in or at the same time you use Wild Charge, and it'll start the boss off at 3 stacks so that your Prot Warrior or another person that applies it automatically can maintain it from there for you. It's also not a bad idea to get in the habit if just hitting your FF key anytime you don't have anything to press for a couple seconds.

Cooldown Usage:

Nature's Swiftness: You had 4 uses in just under 5 minutes, which is pretty good, but you seem to be just using it whenever you can. Even if you only used it twice, but used it a Rip both times, you would see a significantly better DPS yield out of it. Basically, make sure you're only using it at a time that will let you use one of the 2 charges on Rip, and sub-25% you can use it on a Ferocious Bite instead but it also may be wise to use it to overwrite your Rip to get a stronger one, depending on how timing works out on that particular pull. You can also use it on a Thrash if you're doing on a fight where there's lots of mobs to AoE.

Tiger's Fury: You used it pretty close to every 30 seconds which is good, but make sure you're not wasting any of the energy you get from it. It's hard to tell from the logs but it looks like there may have been a few occasions where you waste a good chunk of it:
    [20:20:35.224] Catdogbear casts Shred on Jin'rokh the Breaker
    [20:20:38.950] Catdogbear casts Shred on Jin'rokh the Breaker
    [20:20:43.232] Catdogbear casts Shred on Jin'rokh the Breaker
    [20:20:45.742] Catdogbear casts Rip on Jin'rokh the Breaker
    [20:20:47.538] Catdogbear casts Lifeblood
    [20:20:48.349] Catdogbear casts Tiger's Fury
    Here you would have 20 energy from the SotF refund from Rip and another 30 from your energy regen (on top of any other energy you may have had at the time) which is definitely too much, you want to aim to use it when you're around 35 energy or lower. Using it, say, every 33 seconds and making sure you can use all of the energy from it is a lot better than just hitting it exactly every 30 seconds (although you can get it down pretty close to there if you make sure you burn all your energy when TF is getting to around 3 seconds left on CD).

Berserk: You only used Berserk once, that's a problem. Make sure you're always getting the most Berserks that you can reasonably fit into the fight, in this case the fight was almost 4 minutes so you shouldn't have any issues getting 2 Berserks off. With whatever wiggle room you have in timing you can hold it a couple TFs to try to match it up with more procs, but make sure you're getting those 2 full Berserks no matter what. For Jin'rokh you probably want to pop your first Berserk on pull with your prepot and trinket procs, and then use your second Berserk while you have a damage buff from a pool. Also make sure you're planning your 2nd potion usage around this.

If you can pop your second Berserk around the 25% mark that's great too, since then you'll be able to have your Pot affect the rip that will be up for the rest of the fight.

The most important thing I can recommend to any druid is to make sure you have your UI setup in a way where you can see your Combo Points, Energy, and all of your vital buffs and debuffs (SR, Rip, Rake, PS, important procs, possibly Weakened Armor) in one place. If you have to move your eyes around a lot to see all of these things you'll likely do poorer DPS and have worse raid awareness.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-04-22 at 05:07 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Ok this is my current ui. i do use elvui but i cant seem to figure out how to see the targets debuffs(besides what i put on him)

tinypic(dot)com/r/vku83/4

Is there any other addon i can get to help me keep track of certain procs?

and i use mrrobot to reforge. should i be capping exp and hit or leave a lil off like it tells me
    Last edited by markie10101; 2013-04-22 at 04:57 AM.

The default ElvUI class bars aren't too bad, but I think you would be a bit better off if you didn't have your buffs and energy so far apart from your debuffs and energy. You could try moving your target and player frame closer together or you could try a different addon to display that information, I would personally recommend using either WeakAuras or DroodFocus. If you have any problems with setting either of those up you should be able to find a handful of different guides if you look for them.

You definitely want your Hit/Exp at least close to the caps (eg, there's no reason to run like 5% and 5% exp) but whether you want them over or you don't mind them a little under is personal preference. AskMrRobot is a great tool for some things, but I wouldn't say reforging is one of those things, WoWReforge or ReforgeLite may tend to give you better results (and if you're ok with being slightly under the cap with slightly better theoretically DPS then both of those tools have that option as well).

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Horridon is a particularly bad fight for ferals so I wouldn't expect to do particularly well there, but I would say you definitely have room for improvement (and that goes for Jinrokh as well).

Character Optimization:
    • You would be better of using a Delicate Primordial Ruby or an Adept Vermilion Onyx (or equivalents) in your shoulders, you can get your hit rating from reforging instead. Which one specifically you should choose you would have to sim your character to find out but it's going to be a small difference either way.
    • It's also not a bad idea to change your cloak enchant to crit rating as you'll probably be having trouble staying under the hit cap sooner or later and having hit to cloak doesn't help with that.
    • Don't be afraid to pickup the VP trinket to replace your Bad Juju, it's quite good even if you waste a little bit of the hit rating, although you'll probably want to replace your gloves first (T14 2p is pretty mediocre so don't worry about breaking it).
    • I would highly recommend using the "Cat Form" glyph instead of Prowl for raiding if you weren't already, your healers will love you for it and more time alive is more time to DPS.

Play (looking at Jin'rokh specifically):

Buff Uptimes:

Your Savage Roar uptime was 90%, and the 10% you lost were from two parts of the fight where your buff was down for around 5+ seconds. Make sure you have something setup (via an addon or whatever you need to do) so that you can very easily see whether or not you have Savage Roar active and how much time as left. If you need it might help to make a prominent sound or visual effect to let you know when the buff expires. It's okay if SR isn't up for absolutely 100% of the time, but you should aim for about 99%; the only thing that should ever damage the boss while you have SR down is your autoattack, and never more than 2 or 3 at a time. As soon as the buff ends you should be mashing your SR key to get it back up.

Your Rip and Rake uptimes are 95% and 84% respectively, these aren't bad but you should be able to do a little better. If you can get these to 99%+ and 90% or so you would see something around a 3.5k DPS increase from that alone.

For Rake, that 5% loss in uptime comes from your opener and a single 2 second drop during the middle of the fight. Make sure your first ability in your opener (except for perhaps Faerie Fire as you run in) is always Rake, you want that extra couple seconds of uptime. Once your pop your TF+Berserk and have most of your procs up you should cast it again to get the stronger one. Rake only does a little bit less direct damage than a Shred or a Mangle so anytime applying it can get you at least 1 tick you wouldn't have otherwise gotten you should do it.

Rip uptime is a bit more abstract to judge how exactly you can improve it. I see in your opener you're casting Savage Roar before Rip, you shouldn't need to do this. Make sure before the pull you're spamming your SR key so that your SR starts with between a 12 and 15 second duration, this extra few seconds will help tremendously in getting your Rip up before your SR falls off, especially in worse gear. In my experience I have enough time to apply Rip and then get another 4 to 5 CP before having to refresh SR, although you may find you're not as likely to get quite as many CP for your SR, but that's ok. Also, using a Dash or Stampeding Roar in on pull if you it's a long way to go can help (or take Wild Charge).

You seem to know this, but refreshing SR/Rip/Rake after their 2nd to last "tick" allows the remaining duration to roll over to the new buff. Take advantage of this to achieve maximum uptime, Rake and SR in particularly are cheap enough that you should be able to passively generate enough energy during that time to refresh them before they fall off. For references these time thresholds are 2 seconds for Rip, and 3 seconds for Savage Roar, Rake, and Thrash.

Over the course of the fight you had 20 Predatory Swiftness procs but only gained Dream of Cenarius 7 times after subtracting the ones you got from Nature's Swiftness. I would say this is definitely your biggest problem; same as for SR, make sure you have your UI set up so you can very clearly see when the buff is up and when it isn't as well as the remaining duration. Make sure that anytime the buff gets to around 1.5 seconds you press Healing Touch regardless of how many CP you're at. This alone will net you at least a couple thousand DPS pretty easily.

Also, it would be wise to use Faerie Fire on pull as most other people are not able to immediately apply it at 3 stacks like we are. You can use it as you're running in or at the same time you use Wild Charge, and it'll start the boss off at 3 stacks so that your Prot Warrior or another person that applies it automatically can maintain it from there for you. It's also not a bad idea to get in the habit if just hitting your FF key anytime you don't have anything to press for a couple seconds.

Cooldown Usage:

Nature's Swiftness: You had 4 uses in just under 5 minutes, which is pretty good, but you seem to be just using it whenever you can. Even if you only used it twice, but used it a Rip both times, you would see a significantly better DPS yield out of it. Basically, make sure you're only using it at a time that will let you use one of the 2 charges on Rip, and sub-25% you can use it on a Ferocious Bite instead but it also may be wise to use it to overwrite your Rip to get a stronger one, depending on how timing works out on that particular pull. You can also use it on a Thrash if you're doing on a fight where there's lots of mobs to AoE.

Tiger's Fury: You used it pretty close to every 30 seconds which is good, but make sure you're not wasting any of the energy you get from it. It's hard to tell from the logs but it looks like there may have been a few occasions where you waste a good chunk of it:

Here you would have 20 energy from the SotF refund from Rip and another 30 from your energy regen (on top of any other energy you may have had at the time) which is definitely too much, you want to aim to use it when you're around 35 energy or lower. Using it, say, every 33 seconds and making sure you can use all of the energy from it is a lot better than just hitting it exactly every 30 seconds (although you can get it down pretty close to there if you make sure you burn all your energy when TF is getting to around 3 seconds left on CD).

Berserk: You only used Berserk once, that's a problem. Make sure you're always getting the most Berserks that you can reasonably fit into the fight, in this case the fight was almost 4 minutes so you shouldn't have any issues getting 2 Berserks off. With whatever wiggle room you have in timing you can hold it a couple TFs to try to match it up with more procs, but make sure you're getting those 2 full Berserks no matter what. For Jin'rokh you probably want to pop your first Berserk on pull with your prepot and trinket procs, and then use your second Berserk while you have a damage buff from a pool. Also make sure you're planning your 2nd potion usage around this.

If you can pop your second Berserk around the 25% mark that's great too, since then you'll be able to have your Pot affect the rip that will be up for the rest of the fight.

The most important thing I can recommend to any druid is to make sure you have your UI setup in a way where you can see your Combo Points, Energy, and all of your vital buffs and debuffs (SR, Rip, Rake, PS, important procs, possibly Weakened Armor) in one place. If you have to move your eyes around a lot to see all of these things you'll likely do poorer DPS and have worse raid awareness.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Nice post. Very generous of you to put that much time into it.

ok and ive tried droodfocus but it took up to much of my screen. and im dumb when it comes to customizing ui's like i dont understand droodfocus at all

DroodFocus' configuration interface is a little messy. You might have more luck with WeakAuras, there's a nice tutorial here, and it also has importing/exporting capability.

It doesn't have any default auras though so you'll have create everything from scratch (it's pretty easy once you know the basics, though!).
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-04-22 at 05:29 AM.

ok thanks alot ill look at weakauras tomorrow its to late for that much thinking tonight. thanks alot for all the help!!

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 02:03 AM ----------

btw this is a nub question but how do i use wowreforge >.<

Deleted
    Just use droodfocus but disable everything but main bar with debuffs/abilities. Then its very compact and nice all in one addon.