10+ Year Old Account

Balancing Progression & Farm on a light schedule

So my guild killed Lei Shen tonight and I was wondering how in we would be able to devote alot of time to heroic progression, while also farming for gear to make it easier. We raid 3 nights a week, 2 and a half hours each night. We can get to Primordius usually in one night, and then I assume clear on the second. Which leaves us with one night of possible progression, which isn't ideal if the heroic content is hard.

How does a casual heroic guild kill heroic bosses and farm with only 7 and a half hours of raid time each week?

Deleted
    Depends on the quality of your raids, and how fast you learn and master new bosses.

No one here will be able to tell you how your guild will handle that.

The easier bosses shouldn't take more than 1 or 2 raid nights to kill. Examples are Jin-Rokh and Ji'kun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    So my guild killed Lei Shen tonight and I was wondering how in we would be able to devote alot of time to heroic progression, while also farming for gear to make it easier. We raid 3 nights a week, 2 and a half hours each night. We can get to Primordius usually in one night, and then I assume clear on the second. Which leaves us with one night of possible progression, which isn't ideal if the heroic content is hard.

How does a casual heroic guild kill heroic bosses and farm with only 7 and a half hours of raid time each week?
    Become good enough that you can clear reg in 1 night, and if folks dont want to show for 2 nights of wipes on heroics but are "demanding" to be in on the farm just replace them since you have nothing to gain by gearing up folks that arent willing to spend 2 nights on wipes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Become good enough that you can clear reg in 1 night, and if folks dont want to show for 2 nights of wipes on heroics but are "demanding" to be in on the farm just replace them since you have nothing to gain by gearing up folks that arent willing to spend 2 nights on wipes
    Progression certainly isn't an issue, it's a pretty tight-knit group of mature players. I was just seeing what other casual-heroic guilds were doing to manage time in heroic progression.

As for clearing in one night, probably doable but only if we speed through it with little down time. We cleared Iron Qon, Twins, and Lei Shen here recently so those fights would be a bit iffy for a few weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild raids on a 3 day 3 hours per schedule. Tuesdays are farm heroics, up to the boss we're progressing on (skipping the harder fights we're not progressing on ie Council) then spend the rest of that night on it. Wednesday is the meat and potatoes of our progression usually when we kill the new boss and Thursday is usually reserved for the remainder of farm. Lately we've gotten to where we can clear from Tortos-Lei Shen in 3 hours and adding a bit of progression early Thursday night.

I would even skip some of the later bosses. Think it's not that important to get BiS Items on normal mode. If everybody got some decent gear it's not worth to farm the rest for 1-2 items.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild does 3 raids of 3 hours per week, so not all that much more than you.. We spend 1 day getting up to where we're progressing, 1 day of progression and then 1 day of clearing the rest. Changing of course if we progress on the early bosses.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    We currently have three days of raiding. Wed and Thur 3 hours and Sun 4 hours. Since we just recently killed lei Shen on normal mode we will cut the wednesdayraid. We are planning to spend the Thursday on a heroic boss and the Sunday to clear the rest. Four hours are more than sufficient to clear ToT.

Deleted
    One thing to keep in mind is your progression order. We raid 3 x 3 hours and have progressed Jin'rokh>tortos>Ji-kun>Iron. This enables us to set aside a discrete amount of time for clearing up to current progression, since the current progression boss is always after the previous bosses we killed.

Basically we've found the biggest time sink to be re-killing hc bosses so we can cut our losses if say we get stuck on re-killing hc tortos this week and move on to clearing up to Iron on the 1st/2nd night, allowing us to control the amount of time we spend on progression.

We wouldn't be able to do this if we went say Jin'rokh>Tortos>Ji-kun>Horridon.