Thread: Macro Help

Deleted

Macro Help

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone could suggest any good macro's for targeting/attacking turtles on Tortos? I'm finding it difficulty to target them on occasion (when bats are up and close to the boss; can't tab target and I've tried a simple /target Whirl Turtle macro, but the annoying thing is it will cycle through dead turtles as well as active one's) any suggestions? Is there a way to set up a macro where it will prioritise one marked add, then another and then back to the boss etc (i.e. attack skull target, then cross, then square, then back to boss when it recognises no adds are alive)? If so, can it be attached to something like LB and is this something you would recommend?

Secondly, for sometime I've noticed that my PE/FE isn't attacking unless I tell it to; I thought it might just be a change to PE but the other ele shammies in the guild are not complaining of the same thing. I've tried summoning it and checking each ability, to see if it's somehow had it's "attack" turned off, and it appears - unlike what it used to be, or at least, what I think it used to be - that it is not set to just "attack" without me telling it to (i.e. I used to just stick FS on a target and as soon as I did that, the PE/FE would attack; now it won't do that and I have to order it to attack). Am I missing something? Have I accidentally altered something and haven't realised I've done it? Or has this just changed and I've missed it? Can anyone make any useful suggestions for macroing the attack (if indeed, that's what I'm going to have to do)? I am currently binding /petattack to a keybind, but I'd prefer to be using an ability and just having it attack rather than having to remember to tell it to attack (it can get hectic on something like HC Tortos and if I "switch off" for a few secs, I can be losing dps on the adds because the PE/FE is just stood there doing nothing).

Any general recommendations for whirl turtles overall that might be worth mentioning for extra dmg? How do you target the crystals/what attack do you use? I am currently using FS as I couldn't get a macro to work for UE.

Lastly, any other macro's overall that you think are useful and will aid with higher dps for ele spec? I've heard making a macro to bind SS with LvB is a good one but I'm not sure how to do it, nor whether it's actually beneficial to be using it immediately off CD rather than waiting for other buffs to line up with it; thoughts?

Thanks in advance; much appreciated.

You can't pick specific ones afaik. You'll just have to click-target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMusic View Post
    Hi all

I was wondering if anyone could suggest any good macro's for targeting/attacking turtles on Tortos? I'm finding it difficulty to target them on occasion (when bats are up and close to the boss; can't tab target and I've tried a simple /target Whirl Turtle macro, but the annoying thing is it will cycle through dead turtles as well as active one's) any suggestions? Is there a way to set up a macro where it will prioritise one marked add, then another and then back to the boss etc (i.e. attack skull target, then cross, then square, then back to boss when it recognises no adds are alive)? If so, can it be attached to something like LB and is this something you would recommend?

Secondly, for sometime I've noticed that my PE/FE isn't attacking unless I tell it to; I thought it might just be a change to PE but the other ele shammies in the guild are not complaining of the same thing. I've tried summoning it and checking each ability, to see if it's somehow had it's "attack" turned off, and it appears - unlike what it used to be, or at least, what I think it used to be - that it is not set to just "attack" without me telling it to (i.e. I used to just stick FS on a target and as soon as I did that, the PE/FE would attack; now it won't do that and I have to order it to attack). Am I missing something? Have I accidentally altered something and haven't realised I've done it? Or has this just changed and I've missed it? Can anyone make any useful suggestions for macroing the attack (if indeed, that's what I'm going to have to do)? I am currently binding /petattack to a keybind, but I'd prefer to be using an ability and just having it attack rather than having to remember to tell it to attack (it can get hectic on something like HC Tortos and if I "switch off" for a few secs, I can be losing dps on the adds because the PE/FE is just stood there doing nothing).

Any general recommendations for whirl turtles overall that might be worth mentioning for extra dmg? How do you target the crystals/what attack do you use? I am currently using FS as I couldn't get a macro to work for UE.

Lastly, any other macro's overall that you think are useful and will aid with higher dps for ele spec? I've heard making a macro to bind SS with LvB is a good one but I'm not sure how to do it, nor whether it's actually beneficial to be using it immediately off CD rather than waiting for other buffs to line up with it; thoughts?

Notsure if the syntax is quite right but something /cast [target="Whirl Turtles", exists, nodead] Lavaburst might work .. but .. .yer.. maybe not as the turtles aren't actually dead are they.. they just turn immune :/

Quote Originally Posted by TheMusic View Post
    Hi all

Try /assist name of a reliable dpser
    this will target the target of someone you know will change target or marking the target etc.

The part about your elemental not attacking, summon him and check that hes on assist and not passive.

I havent gotten to hc tortos yet so cant help you with tortos strategies

Try the following:

/tar [harm,nodead] whirl turtle

Deleted
    Ele isn't good on turtles, generally it's waste to assign Ele to turtles (much better on bats and for example due to high mobility I'm assigned to kicking turtles for breath). But to the point, good solution is to use name plates and targeting by means of them (agree tab is aweful on this fight). As for PE/FE ctrl+1 is default macro for pet atack.