Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Coo video, I just really wish I could hear what raden was saying in English ;/

This is probably why Blizzard tried to stress that Ra-den wasn't a progression boss.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Now I don't understand this at all
    Exorsus being lame and disrespectful, thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Some Method fanboys being lame and disrespectful, thats all.
    Fixed that for ya

Infracted; Don't troll. (Sonnillon)
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-04-22 at 03:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Why are all these 'omg the people don't care' commenters the people shouting the loudest in this thread? Obviously you do care. You're here. Talking about it. Debating it. Have some clarity of mind and look at yourselves. You absolutely care sonny Jim. Denial runs deep.

The video is out now. Whether I agree or disagree that it is out is neither relevant nor needs discussion.

I appreciate that Method and others waited with videos whether the intention noble or ignoble. I didn't have a burning desire to see Ra-Den until a few more had killed it since I have friends hammering heads against it.
    I congratulate Exsorsus on their kill. 'World First VIDEO' being a bit provocative and petty a term, but whatever. The loud fans are clearly speaking for both sides obnoxiously and need to all sit down and be quiet.

The fight... is less than visually outstanding. That is all I have to say on it.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    As I said earlier, you don't have to watch the video to get the strategy, being weak and succumb to temptation is only your own fault.

Now I don't understand this at all, what is this non sense I hear? Exorsus shouldn't post the video until whoever got it WF posts it? Most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.
    They killed it, they have all the right in the world to post it and show off their kill to whoever wants to watch.

Thanks Exorsus for the cool video, Just found out how Pathetic Method and their fanboys can be (Even more) , so ashamed I am in the same realm as them now...
    Wanting to be competitive has nothing to do with being weak. If you could rank, say, number five because of your ability to find a strategy, but get pushed out of top 10 because five other guilds who can push numbers, but not strategize watches the video, that's not succumbing - thats you losing ranks because you refused to take an advantage that every single other guild WILL be using, and you will be worse off for it. It's the same reason people think they can righteously defend the scaling buffs DURING a tier like DS/ICC, just because you can turn them off if you don't want to use them. No progress guild would do that, EVER.

I personally think it was a dick move. What does it matter to people who won't ever face the boss when the video is released? It won't affect you. Gratz, you get to see good players defeat a "hidden" boss. What has it changed? Nothing. For every single guild working on the boss though, it just completly ruined any of the surprise (such as suddenly hitting the 40% mark for P2, wondering if there's another phase, etc).

And while a video obviously would be released at some point, Exorsus comes off as absolute dicks for rushing to get their video out as fast as possible, to claim what little fame they can - that "honor" belongs to the guild that killed him first, assuming it would be released in a timely manner. Instead of being absolute jerks, they could have asked Method for their plans, and if it had been unreasonable, they could shove it in Method's face. Waiting due to the wishes of other top-end guilds for 3 more days is, however, not "unreasonable".

To me, this is the worst form of douchebaggery I've seen for a LONG time. Others might disagree, but when all is said and done, the only people the release date of the videos affect are the people working on the encounter - spitting in every other "high end" raider's face by releasing it mid-reset, and for trying to steal the fifteen minutes of fame from another guild is just... Horrible. So much for trying to make the tier a bit more interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    What does it matter to people who won't ever face the boss when the video is released?
    What does it matter if people like you think it was "douchebaggery"?
    I guess Exorsus couldn't care less.

Wanting to be competitive has nothing to do with being weak. If you could rank, say, number five because of your ability to find a strategy, but get pushed out of top 10 because five other guilds who can push numbers, but not strategize watches the video, that's not succumbing - thats you losing ranks because you refused to take an advantage that every single other guild WILL be using, and you will be worse off for it.
    Sorry for my disrespect but:

We heard the same shit about the LFR exploit.

"Q.Q but everyone does it so we need to do it too!"

As you can clearly see in the kill video, this fight is NOT about strategies, its about dmg/heal.
    And besides exploiting* the boss by only killing the same orb over and over again, there seems to be nothing that can be done differently.

And a Guild that has the potencial for WF - 5th knew that probably since pull two or three.

*"Clever use of game mechanics"

Can someone explain to me why the fun of the 10th ranked guild somehow matters more than the fun of the 500th ranked guild?

Maybe some casual guilds would like the challenge of not having a video, but they can't have it because they only raid 9 hours a week?

What does releasing a video have to do with manners anyway? I'd say acting like a retard on forums and youtube comments shows a complete lack of manners. Releasing a video is just... releasing a video.

Wanting to be competitive has nothing to do with being weak. If you could rank, say, number five because of your ability to find a strategy, but get pushed out of top 10 because five other guilds who can push numbers, but not strategize watches the video, that's not succumbing - thats you losing ranks because you refused to take an advantage that every single other guild WILL be using, and you will be worse off for it. It's the same reason people think they can righteously defend the scaling buffs DURING a tier like DS/ICC, just because you can turn them off if you don't want to use them. No progress guild would do that, EVER.

I personally think it was a dick move. What does it matter to people who won't ever face the boss when the video is released? It won't affect you. Gratz, you get to see good players defeat a "hidden" boss. What has it changed? Nothing. For every single guild working on the boss though, it just completly ruined any of the surprise (such as suddenly hitting the 40% mark for P2, wondering if there's another phase, etc).

And while a video obviously would be released at some point, Exorsus comes off as absolute dicks for rushing to get their video out as fast as possible, to claim what little fame they can - that "honor" belongs to the guild that killed him first, assuming it would be released in a timely manner. Instead of being absolute jerks, they could have asked Method for their plans, and if it had been unreasonable, they could shove it in Method's face. Waiting due to the wishes of other top-end guilds for 3 more days is, however, not "unreasonable".

To me, this is the worst form of douchebaggery I've seen for a LONG time. Others might disagree, but when all is said and done, the only people the release date of the videos affect are the people working on the encounter - spitting in every other "high end" raider's face by releasing it mid-reset, and for trying to steal the fifteen minutes of fame from another guild is just... Horrible. So much for trying to make the tier a bit more interesting.
    If there was ever a mountain made out of a molehill, it was done right here.

Jesus Christ.

(Posting on phone so cutting down the quote would take awhile)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly as soon as Blood Legion killed it, Method should have released their video. Period. The whole point of holding a video is to make that WF guild look as good as possible by the number of days they beat the #2 kill by. That's how most everyone did it on the past. Method doesn't owe anything to Envy, Apex, or whatever other guild who asked them not to release their video.

It was still a dick move by the Russians, but Method should know after 3 guilds have killed it the public will expect a video.

Honestly the biggest issue is that at least 2 guilds in the top 10 for 25 man had already used their attempts for the week when the video came out. You can call it poor planning on their part or whatever for taking the risk but tbh I don't know if anyone expected a video before reset.

To everyone saying its a numbers fight, yes it is, but there are also a few strat quirks that require experience to learn. If we had our strat in hand last week we may have killed it last week. At the very least there is the mental factor where you see the video, you know the strat you developed is going to work and you just pound face on that strat over and over. Without the video, maybe one would prematurely give up on said strat and try something new due to the nature of limited attempts.

That's not to say videos should never be release until guilds are done progression, but the nature of limited attempts means you probably should show a little bit of tact and respect for guilds who may have already used their attempts and hold your video until the raid resets.

Based on the way we played last night I think we get the kill without the video regardless with maybe a couple additional wipes in P2 and a few more attempts off the board. Whatever, all conjecture now. What's done is done.

Deleted
    Honestly this tier had so much drama it was so fun to follow the forums, maybe the best tier in that regard. But seriously some older guys in method and bl (with a clue in PR) should slowly step in and take control over the younger ones, its getting awkward, you dont need to jump on everything.
    Anyway its cool to wait with a video release for the second, but waiting for 5-6 guilds is just not cool.

Ontopic: The Boss must be designed for vanilla wow, most lamest boss for the most hardcore players, whats the point?

Also Big grats to Midwinter really awesome performance, hope you guys stay that way
    Last edited by mmoca62d2010f3; 2013-04-22 at 03:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have wished your GL, you have watched the video. Closing this thread, as it seems it will turn into discussion over everything else, but the kill video itself.