Inscription or Tailoring?

Currently I have Inscription and Enchanting,but i want to change inscription out with Tailoring.

Will this cost me some dps if i change? Also i think tailoring and Enchanting goes better with eachother, compared to how little gold i can make with Inscription on my server.

Thoughts on this?

Which one give the most dps?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Iztickz/simple In case you need my armory

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 10:37 AM ----------

No one have any answers to this ?

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 11:03 AM ----------

Bump bump bump
    Quote Originally Posted by dandex View Post
    currently i have inscription and enchanting,but i want to change inscription out with tailoring.

Will this cost me some dps if i change? Also i think tailoring and enchanting goes better with eachother, compared to how little gold i can make with inscription on my server.

Thoughts on this?

Which one give the most dps?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iztickz/simple in case you need my armory

---------- post added 2013-04-22 at 10:37 am ----------

no one have any answers to this ?
    Last edited by dandex; 2013-04-22 at 10:14 AM.

I'll just list what perks the professions give and you can figure it out for yourself:

Enchanting gives +160 intellect to both rings = +320 intellect

Inscription gives +520 intellect, +100 crit to shoulder, while the regular shoulder enchant gives +200 intellect, +100 crit = +320 intellect

Tailoring gives Lightweave Emroidery which gives a chance to proc +2000 intellect for 15 secs when casting. This maths out to = +320 intellect
    Tailoring also gives a cheaper alternative to the leg enchant, but the stats remain the same

If you are going for top 50 progression, Blacksmithing and Engineering offer the best perks, otherwise it really doesn't matter. Enchanting offers some good side-monies with being able to sell mats (and you're always able to have your mats available) and enchant scrolls.

The tailoring enchant is a bit better than a flat +320 int because you can time CDs with it up. Blacksmithing, Engineering and tailoring are probably the top three if you want to min/max; with engineering being the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its going to depend what spec you are if you are truly trying to Min/Max. But overall they are all balanced to give the same benefit. Tailoring is just front loaded into a proc while the others are spread over gems/enchants etc. I use tailor/BS so I can line up combust with all my procs and get 2 extra Crit Gems. For frost the extra Int from passive professions is pretty pro since that is your best stat.

You mentioned making money off of tailoring with enchanting. Not sure how you plan on doing that any better than selling Dmoon cards or shoulder enchants but if you just want to make money you should take a gathering profession, but again that will hurt your dps.

Note: The tiers below are not purely for min-maxing, but that is the biggest portion of the tiers. Extra benefits can increase a profession's tier.

(Bolding the important stuff if TL;DR)

Waaaay TL;DR: Swapping to Tailoring will be a DPS INCREASE.

Professions that are amazing and by miles, the best

- Blacksmithing: Offers two gem sockets, and the most flexibility possible. You get 320 Intellect, 160 Intellect and 320 to a Secondary, 160 Intellect and 160 to two Secondaries, 80 Intellect 480 Secondary, 640 Secondary, 320 to two Secondaries... You can see where I'm going with this. If you want to min max, you go BS. ALWAYS. And it doesn't even matter what patch, class, specc, or even expansion (for the time being; it's been like this for awhile now). Blacksmithing is absolutely the best. What's even better is Blacksmithing goes even further beyond extraordinary when the last patch of the expansion gives epic gems (at least since BC to Cata it has), and we get to leap ahead of all other professions even higher! (since we can socket 2 extra Epic gems while other professions DO NOT get boosted) Oh and you also get Skeleton Keys to unlock all those lockboxes you keep finding and sending to a Rogue.

- Engineering: Ahh yes, Engineering. It's always been a top pick because of the on-use Glove tinker, which gives a solid 1,920 to your primary stat (or if you're a tank, 2,880 Dodge) for 10s on a 1m cooldown. It lines up near perfectly with any 2m, 3m, or even 5m cooldown, and can be easily macro'd into other abilities. The best part is, it's a guaranteed, 100% chance to work, unlike some other Engineering contraptions! But that's not all you get, you also get the Nitro Boosts (perfect for classes like Mages w/o any real movement speed boost [Blazing Speed... Lol]) which let you sprint really fast for 5s, a Goblin Glider, which lets you not only safe fall, but control which way you go and propels you forward, Jeeves and Repair Bots, which will repair your shit and let you vendor stuff to them, a portable Mailbox, Engineering-only mounts, Teleporters around the universe, Blingtron which gives everyone a daily present and can also turn you and your friends/raids into pimps for an hour, the list goes on and on. Engineering is definitely one of the best not just for the great on-use tinker(s), but for a plethora of other fun/utility options.

Professions that are really good and above the rest, except the best

- Tailoring: Tailoring. The classic "Clothie" profession. Not so much anymore when the min-maxers go Blacksmith, but I digress. Tailoring is still a solid choice for any DPS that benefits greatly from AP or SP on-procc trinkets, as you get a nice 4000 AP or 2000 SP for 15s when this special cloak enchant proccs. The one problem is that this DOES replace the cloak enchant you'd get if you aren't a tailor. While the embroidery is nice, it falls short of Engineering because it's a procc. It's random. You can't control when you'll get it, even if the uptime is a bit higher. Some other benefits of the profession is (near) free leg enchants for all Spell DPS and Healers, bonus cloth drops from monsters (even if it wasn't your loot, mobs can still 'procc' this bonus cloth when your party/raid members loot monsters [NOTE: Bonus cloth drops only work for Lich King and up! You also need to do a Lich King level quest to get it!]), a few Tailoring-only mounts: Carpets (all from LK-era, but you can still get them), and making BoP Silk that you can charge people like mad for items they need from you (really stupid system, but it's a huge benefit to the Tailors)

- Alchemy: While Alchemy isn't for min-maxing, it's nice for saving Flasks. Alchemy's benefit is that you get an increased effect for any elixir/flask you get (e.g., 1000 Int Flask turns into 1320 Int Flask), as well as DOUBLING the duration of them (e.g., Flasks become 2 hours instead of 1). The reason Alchemy gets to be on this tier is not just for its Flask-saving properties (in addition to being the second best profession for Guardian Druids because they use Elixirs and not Flasks) is because of the money you can make off of it. You can choose one thing to "master": Potions, Transmutes, or Elixirs&Flasks, and whatever you choose will sometimes make 2-5 when you only meant to make one of the thing you were crafting! In addition to all of this, if it's early-expansion, Alchemy makes a great trinket (specc-wise) that also boosts all Health and Mana potions (including Alchemist only "rejuvenation" potions) by 40%. Nifty!

Professions that get clumped together because they're so meh, but not terrible

- Leatherworking: Cheap Bracer enchant that's 320 Int/Agi/Str, or 480 Stamina, superior to the Enchanting one. Woo. Also cheap leg enchants if you're a Melee DPS, Hunter, or a Tank.

- Enchanting: Ring Enchants that boost your primary stat (Stamina included) by 160 each (240 for Stamina), equaling to be +320 passive primary stats (+480 Stamina). Also the added benefit of being able to Disenchant all that BoP crap you find lying around.

- Inscription: Cheaper, better, Shoulder inscription that gives you either 320 more to a primary stat, or 480 to Stamina. Also making some BoE off-hands or BoA staves that are pretty cool (and upgradeable!)

Professions that are so weak and inferior that they shouldn't even be bothered to 'main'

- Jewelcrafting: Probably the biggest offender in this list because it USED to be amazing. You get two "special" JC-only gems that you can put into your gear (requires Sockets to even be used) that give 2x the primary stat (stamina included). The worst part is when you prefer a secondary stat more than a primary, as the Serpents Eyes only go to 480, up from 320. Why don't they get doubled, too? Not even Spirit for healers gets the 2x treatment, only 1.5x. I highly recommend NOT getting JC on your main, despite how well it USED to be when all we cared about was primary stats. While the professions a tier above this just give you a primary stat boost, they at least have other applications, like crafting gear using recipes you can only find in raids, 1 Enchanter is almost mandatory in a raid to DE unwanted crap for Blood/Haunting Spirits for crafting (as well as crystals for enchanting), and Scribes... Well, at least they get cheap shoulder inscriptions. This may change in 5.4 when we (IF we do) get epic gem patterns and the quality of these shit serpent's eyes get buffed.

- Any Gathering Profession: This should probably be obvious by now, but the Gathering professions are so weak for min-maxing. Herbalism gives you a pathetic heal and moderate Haste boost cooldown (on the same button), Mining gives you a 480 Stamina boost (it's equal to other professions, sure, but Stamina typically isn't the end-all best thing to get) and Skinning gives you a 480 Crit Rating boost (inferior to Blacksmithing's 640 boost)
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-04-22 at 05:29 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    (Bolding the important stuff if TL;DR)

- Jewelcrafting: Probably the biggest offender in this list because it USED to be amazing. You get two "special" JC-only gems that you can put into your gear (requires Sockets to even be used) that give 2x the primary stat (stamina included). The worst part is when you prefer a secondary stat more than a primary, as the Serpents Eyes only go to 480, up from 320. Why don't they get doubled, too? Not even Spirit for healers gets the 2x treatment, only 1.5x. I highly recommend NOT getting JC on your main, despite how well it USED to be.
    Just one thing to mention Pewpewblast. You get to use 2x gems. Which 160+160=320 boost, just like enchanting/lw/scribe. I agree w/ the secondary stat treatment, it is annoying that you dont' get the double boost, but for primary stat users (such as frost) it is equal to the others I mentioned before.

Quote Originally Posted by royals View Post
    Just one thing to mention Pewpewblast. You get to use 2x gems. Which 160+160=320 boost, just like enchanting/lw/scribe. I agree w/ the secondary stat treatment, it is annoying that you dont' get the double boost, but for primary stat users (such as frost) it is equal to the others I mentioned before.
    Oh I know, but JC isn't mandatory in raids as well. The armor crafters (Tailoring, LW, and BS) all typically have patterns that drop in the raids (well they did in T14 and multiple other past raids), in addition to other benefits (BS's superior min-maxing, Tailoring's awesome bags, BoP silk for money, and embroidery, and LW's cheaper bracer enchant [those suckers are EXPENSIVE!]), and an Enchanter is like mandatory in every raid (you know it to be true!), while JC just gets to cut gems and get two serpent's eyes. If LW's bracer enchant was just as expensive as the Enchanting one and they didn't get cheaper leg enchants, I'd clump it with JC, or if JC got some cheaper enchant or cheaper gems, but no, it's just as cheap if it's on your main or not because gems (and/or the ore you prospect to get gems) are not BoP.

Now if we see a buff to it in 5.4 when we (may?) get Epic gems, I'd push it higher, but for the time being, it gets thrown on the bottom because it provides nothing else to the table.

But yes, purely for min-maxing and NOTHING else (which isn't the end-all thing I used for my list) JC is on the same level as Inscription, Leatherworking, Enchanting, and Alchemy (in some scenarios, like Guardian Druid, exclude Alchemy from this list).

Edit: Thinking it over about Inscription, I didn't put it in the bottom tier because it greatly DOES benefit if you're on a main for it. Spirits of Harmony give you more things to make as a Scribe, like the off-hand fans or the BoE/BoA staves. While it's application in raids is mediocre, it brings a cheap (and superior) inscription to your shoulders as well as benefits from your increased care and attention that a main gets over alts because of the extra spirits. JC literally gets nothing else that these other professions would get if they were "mained" instead of "alted".

Using a REAL scenario that applies to the above (and all professions/class combinations used are TRUE), I can mine on my Druid, send the ore over to my Death Knight to prospect and cut the gems, which I can send to my main, Mage, and put the gems in my extra sockets on my Gloves and Bracers. Something I'd love to do is make the extra BoA staves, but farming those spirits on my Paladin alt (iLevel: 430ish?) is a BITCH and because he's a shitty alt, I don't really care. Hence, my other alts who could benefit from the staves suffer because I don't give extra time to my Paladin to farm spirits (plus, farming 5 spirits for the Serpent staff in the first place took me HOURS. Granted, this was pre-90 )
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-04-22 at 05:26 PM.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

15+ Year Old Account
    The 2000 int bonus for tailoring also gives a healthy bonus to crit.
    That's why it's better then the rest (imo)

Engineering + Tailoring
    Blacksmith + Tailoring
    Engineering + Blacksmithing are the 3 strongest professions, currently. (for mages)

Blacksmithing might push itself better once we get epic gems

You can also line up Lightweave + Synapse springs for better spikes (and che-ya's procs all the time, so its SO EASY to line all them up)

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    The 2000 int bonus for tailoring also gives a healthy bonus to crit.
    That's why it's better then the rest (imo)

Engineering + Tailoring
    Blacksmith + Tailoring
    Engineering + Blacksmithing are the 3 strongest professions, currently. (for mages)

Blacksmithing might push itself better once we get epic gems

You can also line up Lightweave + Synapse springs for better spikes (and che-ya's procs all the time, so its SO EASY to line all them up)
    BS WILL (as it always does) push better when (or rather, IF) epic gems come out. Even if they buff other professions, no other profession gives you the crit (or haste, or mastery) like BS does

And yes, those are the 3 best combinations. If they ended up giving us 3 proffs, I'd choose Alch or Tail for my third.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tailoring+Engineering since you can line them up with other cds, sometimes waiting 3 seconds for a lightweave+trinkets being up would make a big difference to your burst(midfight)

Quote Originally Posted by zandiy View Post
    Tailoring+Engineering since you can line them up with other cds, sometimes waiting 3 seconds for a lightweave+trinkets being up would make a big difference to your burst(midfight)
    Tailoring is arguably one of the best.

BS and Engineering there's no question due to BS being so flexible and Engineering giving you a plethora of fun-yet-helpful options and an always reliable and when you need it almost 2k Int cooldown.

When Tailoring proccs when you need it to, it's definitely better, but Fire deals with enough RNG bullshit to warrant Tailoring's use out of me

I think you should go for the talioring/enchanting atm its a real $ maker on my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinost View Post
    I think you should go for the talioring/enchanting atm its a real $ maker on my server.
    ... Really?

I'm sorry but... that's a horrible argument unless he's also on your server.

15+ Year Old Account
    enchanting always the money maker.

I've been alchemy for the last 2 xpacs, and swapped to engineering a few weeks ago.. love it. Mid-fight burst helps me get those 100k+ ignites.

I started as tailoring/ench.. swapped ench for jc in TBC.. swapped to alch in ICC (flasks were selling about 250g each at the time on my server)...

But in the end, its all up to you.. (I don't even think world firsts all have bs + engi as their profs.. let alone force them to)

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    enchanting always the money maker.
    True, but the argument the guy made specifically said "on my server". That information completely invalidates his point.

Like my server. Ench doesn't make shit.

keep inscription imo good gold making every single expansion at the start (more than you can make throughout expansion than enchanting IMO)

keep tailoring like other mentioned
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

A) We have a thread dedicated to this on the Sticky:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ge-Professions

B) For absolute min/maxing:
    Tailoring/Engineering for Frost
    Tailoring/Engineering/Blacksmithing for Fire

C) Tailoring is more than an average 320 Int (obviously you line it up with CD's to get even more benefit, but what I mean is....)

(2000 int/60 ICD)15 sec Duration = 500 Int Average - 180 Int from basic enchant = 320 Intellect
    ^ is how people got a 320 average, but in actuality, the ICD is 50 seconds which leads to:

(2000/50)*15 = 600 - 180 = 420 Int on avg.