Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Not meaning to go offtopic, but why are you killing the bats?

Back on topic and related, why not just have him on the boss and have the hunter MDing just before a quake to help with the aggro. Have your BM monk just kite the bats. Makes the fight go quicker and less chance of things snowballing...unless of course your monk gets gibbed by the bats.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    This was awhile ago for me but I used to have that in my main attack when I played prot, whatever that was (crusader strike possibly), so that even when a healer bopped me I'd not be screwed for a few seconds before I realized.

Anyway a lot of good suggestions as to what the reason could be. I also think he's not in melee range of tortos, and as for the bats, well, as a new tank I'd not be surprised if he's a bit inexperienced in efficiently picking up so many mobs as someone stated, furthermore fury threat can really be out of control at times. I'd suggest you wait a bit before going on bats see if that makes a difference.

That said, logging is really the easiest thing ever. Worldoflogs.com, make some account, run the live client, and in your WOW just type /combatlog . Sync the live client and it'll automatically upload while you play. When you relog, your logging will be stopped automatically. You can also manually upload the combatlog file.

Yes some v good suggestions - thanks all.

Yeah the logs are critical and I'm going to try to take over that side of things I think, as I'm a bit sceptical about it happening on a reliable basis otherwise. I know it's an important tool to ascertain when/how we are going wrong (and no doubt under the sun we will) and how to redress matters, I'm sure.

Deleted
    Im inclined to go with melee range for tortos.
    For bats he shouldnt have any trouble past the first set (solo tanking or not) but i would spec lights hammer, pop it just behind tortos.
    With that and his healing aggro, not even the offtank should be able to take aggro without taunt

You won't pull threat off the Brewmaster bc they generate probably the most threat of any tank due to Keg Smash and their high DPS. I'm Brewmaster and I prefer bats. I can spam kegs on their landing point, pre-Guard/EB. Then Keg smash then and roll out towards the boss. When they get close I can then leg sweep, Rising jade wind them, and SCK. This lets the MT also help with aoe dmg and set them up for kicking a spare shell thru for bonus dmg.

Kiting the bats the entire fight sounds way more dangerous than just killing them...

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, your paladin is well enough geared for the encounter and has generally made the right choices; the reforging looks a little awkward to me and he’s missing a glove gem, but that’s not earth-shattering.

Assuming he’s got Righteous Fury and Seal of Insight turned on and you’re not in Defensive Stance, the only thing it can realistically be is that he’s using Hand of Protection/Divine Shield on himself to avoid the damage on Quake and/or initial burst from the bats. Those mechanics are threat dumps, so should only really be used to cheese fights or clear debuffs – they’re not for general mitigation.

The macro pair posted earlier is where I’d start after bringing it up with him.

And yeah, I recommend killing the bats throughout the fight. It's awkward having loads of them up and, with practice, it's honestly much easier to kill them.

Our bats tank is also a pally and tanks the boss at the start and whenever there isnt any bat up. this so vengeance keeps up. Not sure which ability/gylph it is, but there is something which make pally tanks also do quite some healing. that is usually enough to directly have the bats focus on her.

I'm fury warrior, specced into shockwave for that fight. but i always wait a bit before stunning them, again for vengeance reasons. I also wait a few moments before i start my aoe

sometimes the bats still escape though
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    You won't pull threat off the Brewmaster bc they generate probably the most threat of any tank due to Keg Smash and their high DPS. I'm Brewmaster and I prefer bats. I can spam kegs on their landing point, pre-Guard/EB. Then Keg smash then and roll out towards the boss. When they get close I can then leg sweep, Rising jade wind them, and SCK. This lets the MT also help with aoe dmg and set them up for kicking a spare shell thru for bonus dmg.

Kiting the bats the entire fight sounds way more dangerous than just killing them...

As long as your dps is strong Tortos should die before the bats become an issue, not killing the bats just gives you loads more time on Tortos.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it