Thread: Soloing Souls?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Soloing Souls?

Hello everyone,

I farm BT every week for the Glaives and it's slightly annoying to have to find someone Souls. I'm not exactly sure why it happens, but the damage on Phase 2 is insane and not even using all my cd's can save me. Most of the time because I take aggro I'll get burst down even when there's another player there. Which classes can solo Souls in BT? I'm a Warrior with 500 ilevel PVE gear and I can't survive it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Hello everyone,

I farm BT every week for the Glaives and it's slightly annoying to have to find someone Souls. I'm not exactly sure why it happens, but the damage on Phase 2 is insane and not even using all my cd's can save me. Most of the time because I take aggro I'll get burst down even when there's another player there. Which classes can solo Souls in BT? I'm a Warrior with 500 ilevel PVE gear and I can't survive it.
    RoS was nerfed heavily and I managed to do it pre-nerf. Post nerf it's a joke. Just learn to use some cooldowns and that's about it.

all classes can, Phase 2 is the reflect phase? Short, all damage you do gets reflected iirc.

Deleted
    Just spec Second Wind, start auto attack and go AFK :P

Deleted
    I've tried it every week since the nerf, but everytime I do it, I can't. I know how to play, but am I wrong to go in full cd's blazing then if it's a reflect? (Which I didn't know)

Yeh Pre nerf it was do-able I just used army of the dead as a DK on phase 2. These days It spirit shocks or w/e its called once every 10 years.

Just don't burn him, he's got practically no health and his soul shock thing was nerfed to the ground, it's really not that hard, you're just not playing smart enough.

Deleted
    I've tried it every week since the nerf, but everytime I do it, I can't. I know how to play, but am I wrong to go in full cd's blazing then if it's a reflect? (Which I didn't know)
    50% of damage dealt hits the player so you're obviously gonna die if you blow all cds, as previous poster said you should spec into second wind and just take it really slow.

Damage is insane because 50% of your damage is being reflected back to you. Also, all healing is doubled during this phase. Use abilities and talents that reduce damage taken (reflected damage counts as physical) and generate healing. If your health is getting low, you can always stop dpsing. You don't need to interrupt the disorient anymore, she no longer spams it. Finally, watch out for the Deaden debuff she puts on you which increases damage taken by 100%, you could end up killing yourself very quickly if it's on you.

Spec into Second wind , when the 2nd phase starts just dont use any ability , hit it with auto-shots only it will take some time but your SW will keep you up dont worry ^^

He no longer stun locks you so you dont need to go nuts

ive only done this as a dk and a rogue and its piss easy

10+ Year Old Account
    I did this as a Shadow Priest pretty easily with under ilvl 500 gear. I just bubbled, dotted and stood around doing some melee damage. Haven't tried it as a Frost Mage yet.

Next time you should really read about the bosses that kill you.. o-O even wowpedia/wowhead.. Or even go 1 step further and read the debuff you get there.. Aura of Desire

The dmg you do to the boss is also reflected to yourself, so basically - you just kill yourself..

BT is now soloable by any lv90 in pretty much any gear if you can manage Illidari Council which is ATM the hardest fight (not really hard though)..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post

BT is now soloable by any lv90 in pretty much any gear if you can manage Illidari Council which is ATM the hardest fight (not really hard though)..
    Illidari Council is a joke for a Warrior. I only got ilvl 489 or so in my DPS Gear...I just pop all CDs and use Bladestorm. Normally the fight doesnt last longer than 15 seconds, depending on crit luck during BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
    Illidari Council is a joke for a Warrior. I only got ilvl 489 or so in my DPS Gear...I just pop all CDs and use Bladestorm. Normally the fight doesnt last longer than 15 seconds, depending on crit luck during BS.
    I really need to gather some dps gear on my DK. I do all my soloing in tank spec as I am lazy that fight takes a little while XD

Quote Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
    I never said it's particularly hard. But, relatively to others, it's the hardest one in there, because of all the dmg that's happening. Only this and Reliquary pose any threat to people trying to solo it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I duo it with my husband and I always laughed at him because he'd blow himself up on that phase and never seemed to realize what killed him. You're killing yourself if you're attacking it during that phase at full strength. Back off and auto-attack and use survival cooldowns and healing potions or whatever else you've got to stay alive until the next phase occurs.

Deleted
    this used to be funny on a warrior, hed stun lock you but with second wind he couldnt kill you so you had to ALt+F4 hah.

Healing is doubled in phase 2, spec second wind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Snrk. If damage is high on Reliquary of Souls part two, that's because your damage is high.

Reliquary phase two reflects a portion of your damage to yourself. Go slower, use discretion and it's cake.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.