Deleted

Disc priest help, please

After a long break from playing my disc priest, ive decided to spend a bit more time on her & was wondering if anyone could possibly help me out on a spell ratio. ive spent the last couple weeks gearing her up after finally getting her to 90 & ive noticed quite a bit has changed. no more (if i remember correctly) pw:s, it seems the way to go from what ive seen from other disc priests is smite, holy fire, penance & halo/cascade when not on cd. surely there is more that i can do than just keep spamming those spells at mobs/bosses? ok, i do pretty well on the healing meters (i pretty much only do LFR), but thats not the point. i would like to do better & squeeze a bit more hps out of my char & im sure there must be more to it than just spamming the above said spells? i do occasionally use pw:s & pom, when i think its needed.

here's my armoury...http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...edsista/simple

constructive criticism only please, it has been a while
    Last edited by mmoc4e24d898ce; 2013-04-22 at 11:58 AM.

Deleted
    In general, Atonement healing is the way to go atm. Things may change in 5.3 though, but that's still up for debate.

The basics are right, but a bit more than just those spell. You can still use a large arsenal of spells to heal with. What you use when depends on the fight and the type of healing needed, though.

You will want to spam Smite/HF/Penance as much as possible (Pen on CD ofc, as it is one of your best heals and most efficient too). HF (or Solace, if you are talented for it) should also be used on CD.
    What other spells are good to use? Well, firstly lets look at mana regeneration. Mindbender (if talented) should be used at about 70 - 80% mana, and from there on CD (providing you don't mana cap while it is up, that's lost and wasted mana). Then we have PWS. This has two big things within it. Firstly, to proc Rapture, this gives you mana back based on your spirit levels. (see in game tool tip). I would suggest getting Ingela's Rapture (Adon - Curse.com) to track it's cooldown so you know when to hit another PWS on the tanks to get Rapture to proc. The other use, mana permitting, is to blanket the raid in shields before you have big incoming AoE damage. You should aim to proc Rapture as much as possible, as it is a big source of mana regen.

Then you have your PoM, PoH and T6 Talent. Let's talk about PoM first. PoM is great, and good to save for those high damage AoE situations, you will learn when and where to use it to get the full benefit of the jumps. This works even better when you have 2pc T15 (10% increase to healing on jumps). PoH, best used when 3 or more people in a group are taking damage or need healing up. Awesome when used to stack SS (more on that later). T6 talent. Most people go with DS or Cascade, in my experience. It depends on how you play really. If you can get yourself into a good position to maximise the use of DS, then it's amazing. Cascade is one to use in the right situation. Its high mana cost means you wont want to spam it on CD, only use it when you need the AoE healing, and the healing will be used, and not go to over healing.

AA plays a nice part in Atonement healing too, it's your mini buff (15%+ healing) to help with big AoE damage and big tank damage. You will need to learn yourself when you are best to hit it and use its benefit the most. It works well to mix it with PI, SS and PoH spam.

SS - Spirit shell. Use this to help big time with AoE healing. You will want to pre blanket the raid about 15 seconds before the damage is due to come in, so this by using SS, then spamming PoH on groups. This is to ensure the biggest possible shields are on the raid. Using AA and PI with SS means you will give bigger shields, faster. Which helps mitigate any shields lost to any damage taken while your trying to stack the buff. Examples of places to use this are; before Jin casts his electric into the pools on first boss ToT, Tortos Stomps, Magaera Rampages etc. As you learn fights, you will get a better insight into where to use it. You can also use this tactic for tank shielding when they are taking big damage, just swap PoH for GH and your all good.

I think that is about it for spells, if I have missed anything, anyone else feel free to add.

Now, your gear/stats.

Atonement favours crit quite high. Generally it goes Spirit (until comfortable) > Int > Crit > Mastery > Haste. I notice you are reforging and gemming for mastery. This works if you pursely mastery stack, but this is not favourable for Atonement healing. You will want to try and get as much crit as you can. DA is usually quite far behind Atonement in terms of your healing done. Imo, and I get this opinion from looking at high end Discs and guides, gem Spirit/Crit in yellows, pure spirit in blues (unless your comfortable at your level) and Int/Spirit in reds (unless you are comfortable with your spirit, then go for In/Crit). Anything without crit on it, reforge another secondary stat to crit (try to avoid reforging spirit though). Atm, at 503 Ilvl, I'm running 11k spirit and 17% crit.

If you want to look in to raids, then I would suggest OpenRaid, this site is brilliant for xrealm raiding for anything BEFORE 5.2 (IE ToES, HoF and MsV). This will also help give a boost to your healing by replacing those low lvl LFR items. With this in mind, I would suggest doing your weekly Troves of the Thunder King scenario, with a bit of luck and good routing, you can get 10 - 20 Elder Charms of Good Fortune with relative ease. This can, and will help you to get extra gear from those Normal modes on OpenRaid. (It's the tactic I used, and got to 503 Ilvl in 3 weeks of being 90). If you want to look at how I gear, check out Lolbubbles - EU Thunderhorn.

If anyone has anything against my advice, feel free to provide some further insight .

Halatosis

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 03:50 PM ----------

I would also swap those PWS/IF glyphs for Penance and Smite glyphs for Atonement heavy healing. To be able to Penance on the run (despite the mana cost jump) is insanely useful. The smite glyph gives (until 5.3 it seems) 20% direct healing increase to Smite. Win win.

With regards to VP spending, the 522 trinket is awesome, I've macro'd the on use to Mindbender so I never risk forgetting to pop it. It's an extra mana pot every 3 mins. (VP trinket and 502 Horridons are BiS for your current raiding level).

Halatosis

Deleted
    cheers mate, thats awesome. i think that pretty much covers it & i'll get working on it all in the coming weeks
    Last edited by mmoc4e24d898ce; 2013-04-22 at 03:26 PM.

Deleted
    All the best and I hope you enjoy healing as Disc .

Halatosis