Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Problems with AskMrRobot

As the title say I got a problem with AskMrRobot. Yesterday I got the 522 staff from Twins and according to AskMrRobot its an upgrade. The problem is when i check the staff in the menu and press "save" nothing happens. It wont load the staff!

Deleted
    Try "update from armory"

I did. I dont know if its because i got a Sha Touched 1h and somehow it messes things up...

Deleted
    did you equip the staff in game and exitted the game after equiping it?

No because i want to see if its an upgrade - I still got 1hr left to trade it incase it isnt.

Tbh I'd just use the Item Comparison tool on Wowhead to compare the staff with MH and OH, that way it's easy to see what stats you gain and/or lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muliercula View Post
    No because i want to see if its an upgrade - I still got 1hr left to trade it incase it isnt.
    You either need to equip it and log out then update from armoury (as armoury won't update until you do) or you can find the item from the upgrade list on AskMrRobot and click equip to see what it then asks you to reforge etc.

Remember to select 'Relative' rather than absolute rankings to see if the item is better for your particular set-up.

However generally any class suitable 522 weapon is a considerable upgrade over a 496 Sha-touched weapon and a massive one over an upgraded 483.
    Last edited by Scabb; 2013-04-22 at 01:57 PM. Reason: clarity

I dont know who that tool works on Wowhead, and the point was that i had a problem with AMR and i wanted to know if anyone else had encountered THAT problem and knew how to fix it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 01:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scabb View Post
    You either need to equip it and log out then update from armoury (as armoury won't update until you do) or you can find the item from the upgrade list on AskMrRobot and click equip to see what it then asks you to reforge etc.

Remember to select 'Relative' rather than absolute rankings to see if the item is better for your particular set-up.

However generally any class suitable 522 weapon is a massive upgrade over a 496 Sha-touched weapon.
    This is EXCATLY what i'm doing, but some SOME odd reason it wont let me select the 522 staff.

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 01:55 PM ----------

Feel free to try my mage: Muliercula @ Ragnaros EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just equip it, log and try again noting the My gear rating number (or optimised) and see how much higher it is. You can still trade even if you equip it, just don't gem or enchant it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 04:02 PM ----------

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 01:51 PM ----------

Feel free to try my mage: Muliercula @ Ragnaros EU.
    It works for me.

Your staff is about a 2K upgrade after optimisation.

Your current set-up is: 210636

New staff when OPTIMIZED is 212647

It works for me.

Your staff is about a 2K upgrade after optimisation.

Your current set-up is: 210636

New staff when OPTIMIZED is 212647
    How does your Options look? Maybe i have to change something since it wont let me equip the staff.

10+ Year Old Account
    How does your Options look? Maybe i have to change something since it wont let me equip the staff.
    When I log your character it uses your options rather than mine as it also lists heroic gear but excludes legendary quest gems and metas (I exclude heroic gear as I don't do heroic modes and include legendary items as I do grind those).

Not sure why yours isn't equipping, but to equip all I did was click on your current MH weapon and select relative ranking then click on the icon for the 522 staff (icon not name) and it equipped it and updated the rankings, then save and click optimize in the main page.

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 04:16 PM ----------

Here's a screenshot if it helps:
    Last edited by Scabb; 2013-04-22 at 02:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    What I did is I loaded your toon, Clicked you main hand wepp, went down to the staff and clicked it then the options for gems poped up tossed in a pure int jem then at the top cliecked save. This loaded the staff for your toon for myself... not sure what else to say >.< Perhaps delete cookies etc and try refreshing a couple times before hand?

Not sure why yours isn't equipping, but to equip all I did was click on your current MH weapon and select relative ranking then click on the icon for the 522 staff (icon not name) and it equipped it and updated the rankings, then save and click optimize in the main page.
    This is what i do:
    Load char
    Update from armory
    Optimize
    Look for upgrades

For some reason that normally works, but with this staff it doesnt.

What you do:
    Load char
    Update from armory
    Look for upgrades
    Optimize

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 02:37 PM ----------

This is what it looks like when AMR WONT let me select the staff.

Deleted
    @OP: Sorry for messing with your topic, but I have a margin related question about AMR and felt it's too small to open a brand new topic for it.
    My question: what DOES AMR calculate for stats and whatnot? I'm currently frost. If I hit fire and click optimize, it says I would be on 32% crit.
    But the point is, that 32% tells me nothing. Simply because I don't know which buffs are taken into account, nor stuff like foods, flasks, selfbuffed or not, etc. etc.

Anyone knows the answer?

Muliercula, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. In your screenshot, I see you selected the right weapon. Then did you click the blue save button at the top of that window? What happens then? When I manually equip the item, it works. Here's what I see.

Also, make sure you have the right parameters selected in the options menu. For example, if you aren't able to get "Eye of the Black Prince" yet, be sure to exclude that from the options so that isn't taken into account when optimizing or calculating upgrades.

Keejos, we take all buffs into account. All raid buffs, food, flasks, talents, race, and professions into account. We also take a few other smart things into account, like if you have Frost Bomb, it can affect certain trinkets that proc on periodic effects. For food and flask, we assume the same thing the game gives you for food - if you eat one of the feasts and it gives you Int, that's what we assume you have for food and flask. We might make that editable in the future.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Keejos, we take all buffs into account. All raid buffs, food, flasks, talents, race, and professions into account. We also take a few other smart things into account, like if you have Frost Bomb, it can affect certain trinkets that proc on periodic effects. For food and flask, we assume the same thing the game gives you for food - if you eat one of the feasts and it gives you Int, that's what we assume you have for food and flask. We might make that editable in the future.
    Thanks for your reply. However, that puts me in somewhat of a tough spot. There is no way checking what critrating I would have selfbuffed, without all the extra stuff. But at the same time, if it's 32% with EVERYTHING taken into account I'm definately nowhere close enough to spec for fire.

Keejos, another thing to keep in mind (I forgot to mention): we assume the 3% crit debuff from bosses in the buffed stats as well. Our goal is to show what you'd see in a raid setting when fighting a boss. What are you trying to figure out with just self-buffs? Hearing what users are trying to do helps us add new features / improve on things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keejos, another thing to keep in mind (I forgot to mention): we assume the 3% crit debuff from bosses in the buffed stats as well. Our goal is to show what you'd see in a raid setting when fighting a boss. What are you trying to figure out with just self-buffs? Hearing what users are trying to do helps us add new features / improve on things.
    What I think he is trying to do is compare his character sheet % of crit with what other users are putting up as the "Time" to go fire. i.e. 36%+ or 36-38% is what I hear a lot of people say. Most are looking at their personal sheet at not at factors such as crit suppression as well.

Keejos: To keep things easy just look at your Crit rating compare it to the armory of someone you think does a good job as fire and you can gauge from there. The % of your crit will vary based on what site (<3 AMR) or what buffs etc.

Muliercula, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. In your screenshot, I see you selected the right weapon. Then did you click the blue save button at the top of that window? What happens then? When I manually equip the item, it works. Here's what I see.

Also, make sure you have the right parameters selected in the options menu. For example, if you aren't able to get "Eye of the Black Prince" yet, be sure to exclude that from the options so that isn't taken into account when optimizing or calculating upgrades.
    Hi - I made a post on your forum and apparently Revulva is also getting the same problem.
    Nothing happend when i pushed the blue "save" button. I got around the problem by NOT optimizing BEFORE equipping the staff (which i normally do ). I did check my settings many times and they are fine - i have access to "Eye of the Black Prince".

Murliercula, you're right about the optimizing. I was on a mission to reproduce the error and skipped the optimize step. Once I optimize, I am able to reproduce it. Alrighty, we'll get that fixed.

Also, thanks for posting on our forums - we have a lot of people watching those closely and testing things out. It's the best way to get feedback. I only catch a fraction of questions on sites like MMO-C, but I try to do what I can