Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pawsz View Post
    Wotlk was ages ago, I doubt blizzard planned that far ahead.
    "There is usually a very light amount of planning for the next three expansions. This is limited to what they would be about, the theme, and some of the major features. Plans usually end up changing, so not a lot of time is spent on it." from interview around 4 min in, it's been obvious for a while now Saurfang will get the kill

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh is in a similar situation as Arthas was, where there is a long line of characters who want to give the killing blow, but only one can. If Blizzard takes the same path they did in Wrath, then the killing blow will go to a neutral hero.

In that case, I think it will be Wrathion. He has shown interest in the leadership of both factions, and it is very likely that the final stages of the legendary questline will involve the Siege of Orgrimmar. It also sets the stage for the next expansion, assuming it is indeed Burning Legion.

If Blizzard doesn't choose a neutral hero, then my picks are Vol'jin, Jaina, or Varian.

I don't see Saurfang dealing the death blow, but I do hope he is among the attackers for the seige.

While I'm fairly confident Saurfang will appear in 5.4, I don't believe he will be the one to kill Garrosh for a number of reasons. Primarily it's simply the fact that he's been absent for the story for so long that it would feel really jarring for him to charge in at the 11th hour and kill Garrosh.

But otherwise I think beating Garrosh needs to be a combined effort. If a Horde character does it, then it feels like the Alliance were just along for the ride. If an Alliance character does it then it runs the risk of creating the impression that the Alliance seized Orgrimmar outright when we all know that game mechanics demand the city always remain a functional Horde capital.

The best option would be for Varian and Vol'jin (or whoever the next Warchief is) to both deliver mortal blows more or less simultaneously. Two named characters shouldn't create that much overcrowding in the encounter (both Madness of Deathwing and Yogg-Saron had more) and would create the feel that both factions served a vital role here. That way if they work out any deal after the fact, the faction leaders can treat each other as equals.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    OT: It will be malkorok. Considering how cliche wow writing become, i simply refuse to believe blizz won't implement typical " X you treacherous dog" moment. Then malkorok will do typical "just as planned", explain his horribly overcomplicated plan and reveal himself as "....." (fill yourself).
    ...as KAEL'THAS SUNSTRIDER! Don't look so smug! I know what you're thinking, but Magisters' Terrace was merely a setback! Did you honestly believe I would trust the future to some vengeful, eredar mongrel? Hahahaha... Oh no, no, no, he was merely an instrument, a stepping stone to a much larger plan! It has all led to this...and this time, you will not interfere!

I feel like even though Vol'jin had also talked about being the one to end his reign, that Baine has more pent up anger. I'd like to see Baine finish him.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbraker View Post
    I think you fail to know who exactly Saurfang is...He is the MIGHT OF KALIMDOR, and when Hellscream's son threatens not just the orcs, but the Horde as well as Kalimdor, you can be sure to see him cleaving the way to Garrosh's throne.
    yeah and i think you fail to see how a father losing his child can destroy him despite whoever he was before that happened.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a "Strong Hint" that Saurfang will kill Garrosh, it WAS a first step in making Garrosh into an experienced and wise Warchief, something that Blizzard dropped due to......Reasons I Do Not Feel Like Speculating or Commenting on Today.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lor'Themar, hands down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    ...as KAEL'THAS SUNSTRIDER! Don't look so smug! I know what you're thinking, but Magisters' Terrace was merely a setback! Did you honestly believe I would trust the future to some vengeful, eredar mongrel? Hahahaha... Oh no, no, no, he was merely an instrument, a stepping stone to a much larger plan! It has all led to this...and this time, you will not interfere!
    I give you 8.3/10. You get points for realism, staying true to "mages betray warriors" cliche, and for kael'thas. This game needs more kael'thas.
    Come to think about it if they ever decide to revive kael (and considering tons of fanservice known as MoP it is possible), they should imo make him cyborg. It never made sense we abandoned all that tech we found in outland, and mechanical kealthas jensen would be awesome antagonist.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2013-04-22 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    This isn't a "Strong Hint" that Saurfang will kill Garrosh, it WAS a first step in making Garrosh into an experienced and wise Warchief, something that Blizzard dropped due to......Reasons I Do Not Feel Like Speculating or Commenting on Today.
    it was always the plan to have garrosh become a corrupt warchief, its just it was going to happen NEXT expansion instead of this one.

because of that it proably does seem a bit rushed when they initially planned his corruption to happen over a whole other expansion

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 10:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I give you 8.3/10. You get points for realism, staying true to "mages betray warriors" cliche, and for kael'thas. This game needs more kael'thas.
    i miss kael'thas shouldve never been turned into a villain
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    it was always the plan to have garrosh become a corrupt warchief, its just it was going to happen NEXT expansion instead of this one.

because of that it proably does seem a bit rushed when they initially planned his corruption to happen over a whole other expansion

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 10:44 AM ----------

i miss kael'thas shouldve never been turned into a villain
    I don't get why did they decide to go with it and make him a villian now. He is a nice material for one, but he didn't get ANY developement before he went downright "murder and slaughter for teh lulz". An orc who despises his general of attacking the enemy from behind, who kills another general for bombing a peacefull settlement and strongly forbids raising dead soldiers, even tho it owuld strenghten the horde - and now he is murdering his closest advisors and testing lethal biological weapons on his own soldiers.

Deleted
    Here's a crazy idea. What if they let us get the killing blow seeing as we will be doing all the work?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTheHoe View Post
    Here's a crazy idea. What if they let us get the killing blow seeing as we will be doing all the work?
    No. You're just the real heroes' lackeys, nothing more. Always have been, always will be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pawsz View Post
    Wotlk was ages ago, I doubt blizzard planned that far ahead.
    Probably, they do. While working on WotlK the working for has started.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh will commit suicide
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Chen Stormstout will get the killing blow
    If I can't be the sex symbol, then I can definitely be the BITCH

Deleted
    Its true Jaina / Voljin / Lor'themar etc.. wish to get the single killing blow, but words spoken and quoted as in my first post, I guess Blizzard is hinting truly good who will get it, let alone maybe new Warchief for the Horde and Leader of the orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I don't get why did they decide to go with it and make him a villian now. He is a nice material for one, but he didn't get ANY developement before he went downright "murder and slaughter for teh lulz". An orc who despises his general of attacking the enemy from behind, who kills another general for bombing a peacefull settlement and strongly forbids raising dead soldiers, even tho it owuld strenghten the horde - and now he is murdering his closest advisors and testing lethal biological weapons on his own soldiers.
    they probably wanted to tell a different story. things like this happen all the time in ongoing stories.

they probably had some idea that wouldve used garrosh, he probably wouldve been corrupted slowly over those two expansions and the arc would close and start the new one.

maybe that new arc was so good that they wanted to get this one over with so they can get to it, or maybe after lookign at it they didnt like the arc it was going to lead to so they tried to burn it off so they can lead it to a different direction.

unless someone with insider knowledge were to come in here and tell us what the major plot of the expansion before mists was and what they were originally planning to be after it we might never know why they decided to have garrosh go evil now instead of in the next expansion.

sure we see them building up the burning legion as coming up soon now, but for all we know in the expansion before mists they wouldve been building up some other big baddie. we might never know till years from now in some random interview where they tell us the what ifs

So long as it plays out better then the Arthas fight. So many people had ties to him, so many people who would want to take a shot at him, and they gave us one? One that was less significant then any of the others they could have used? Varian was his best friend, Jaina his love, Muradin one of his teachers, and Sylvanas for what he did to her. I can only hope that they try to incorporate more npcs this time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    if a horde character kills Garrosh, the alliance will complain and bitch about not getting the kill.

If an alliance character kills Garrosh, horde will complain and bitch because they didn't get the kill.

If a neutral character kills Garrosh, both will say its a massive cop put and both will bitch.

Either way, disappointment all round.
    #boycottchina