Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelhiss View Post
    To get more toward the topic, my vote for who actually gets the KB would be for Vol'jin. As an Alliance player, I honestly don't think anyone on my side has the right to put him down. I could see the cinematic playing out something like this:

*cut scene begins, Garrosh is laying on the ground in defeat*
    Garrosh: Go on, finish it..
    Jaina: I would be happy to, monster! (come on, she loves calling people monsters)
    Varian (who I don't like, but is probably going to be on the scene in some capacity, let's be honest): ...no. This is a matter for the Horde to decide, not you or I. They were the ones wronged by his decis--
    *bowstring twangs, Garrosh dies. Vol'jin steps out from the shadows*
    Vol'jin: I told ya it would be my arrow dat pierced ya heart. *to Varian* Thank ya mon, for givin' me da openin' dat I needed. But now da "Warchief" is dead, and ya job is finished. It be time for ya all to leave dis city. I promise ya safe passage back to Alliance lands, but dat be all. Don't be thinkin' we friends now, or anyting. Not yet, at least.
    *cutscene ends*

That's more or less how I'd see it playing out, but hopefully cooler. On a related note, I know it's probably going to end up this way, but I would really prefer if Garrosh not get turned into some sort of sha-possessed/empowered beast. I want Garrosh dead because he is morally a monster. Turning him into a literal one would cheapen things, in my opinion.
    This would be amazing, it gets the Alliance in there, after all they *do* have a claim against him, but it's Vol'Jin who deals the final blow and is respectful to the Alliance for allowing him to do it. Bravo

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Coming from a player who has never touched an alliance toon above level 1 since i subbed, and been reliably playing horde since day 1; I can say I honestly have never been able to take the trolls seriously as a race (the racist Jar-Jar Binks of wow), and would seriously have to reconsider how seriously I take the horde with Vol'Jin as war chief. That said I hope what the OP suggests is true.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind've expecting Saurfang's corpse to turn up on a rack out in front of the gates of Orgrimmar when Siege launches to let us know what the score is.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Have they even confirmed he gets dethroned ? I thought all that was confirmed is that our characters go in there with the intent to dethrone him ... I know they've talked about the Warchief "after" Garrosh (that it's not Thrall ? that it's not who we'd expect ?), but who knows for how much longer Garrosh is Warchief ...
    http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/pc/featu...s-of-Pandaria/

"...we just know we do want to have the recognition from the Horde and Alliance that we have to depose Garrosh as the leader of the Horde and reinstate Thrall as Warchief...."

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    I find the "trying to kill Gamon" part hilarious. I laughed when I saw Korkon surrounding him in a screenshot. If Garrosh really wants him dead why doesn't he take the 5 second walk it takes from the entrance to Grommash Hold, swing his axe once, and walk back xD

He would probably lose his axe, with an ally having to recover it, in the way and get near killed, as almost every time he leaves the hold.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2013-04-22 at 05:16 PM.

I believe it is strongly hinted that Vol'jin will land the killing blow since when you start a new troll after a vision he says to Garrosh he will be the one that will pierce his heart and spit on his corpse.
    Howl to the stars wishing I could be one....

Quote Originally Posted by avatarshaoran View Post
    I believe it is strongly hinted that Vol'jin will land the killing blow since when you start a new troll after a vision he says to Garrosh he will be the one that will pierce his heart and spit on his corpse.
    It isn't certain at all, who will kill Garrosh, remember the Lich king fell through Tirion, who had little reason to be the one to finish him off ,compared to others.

Deleted
    It will be vol'jin. The recent scenario makes it obvious for me where he says he will be in the shadows where he will be more "usefull"...

Also, he is an all round cool guy. Both alliance and horde fanboys like him to a certain degree.

As the new warchief i'm sure it'll be thrall again, but i wouldnt be upset if it was Vol-jin, he doest fit the role well as a leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    It will be vol'jin. The recent scenario makes it obvious for me where he says he will be in the shadows where he will be more "usefull"...

Also, he is an all round cool guy. Both alliance and horde fanboys like him to a certain degree.

As the new warchief i'm sure it'll be thrall again, but i wouldnt be upset if it was Vol-jin, he doest fit the role well as a leader.
    I love how vol'jin "being in shadows" comes down to cowardly hiding while others are doing dirty work. I guess that after players deal with garry he will jump out and pretend he was usefull.

Quote Originally Posted by avatarshaoran View Post
    many people told garrosh they would kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post

How. How is he cool.

Did he ever do anything cool? Proudly standing at the gates of Undercity when Thrall and Sylvanas were doing all the job? Tapping the keg during Brewfest? Talking to Halduron and Vereesa at the gates of another city he didn't wish to enter? Making an excruciatine war effort to kill one troll (took him 5 years by the way)? Maybe getting assassinated makes him cool?

I never got the "coolness" of Vol'Jin. The way he speaks? The way he is a troll? The fact he is a friend of Thrall? Tell me what is freaking cool about him.

Voljin and Anduin and the guy from Silvermoon, thats the most obvious answer there is.
    Or do you really think that a guy that doesn't show up since Wotlk will magically appear from nowhere, without any leads, and kill the main bad from the expansion?
    Last edited by ohshift; 2013-04-22 at 05:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    How. How is he cool.

Did he ever do anything cool? Proudly standing at the gates of Undercity when Thrall and Sylvanas were doing all the job? Tapping the keg during Brewfest? Talking to Halduron and Vereesa at the gates of another city he didn't wish to enter? Making an excruciatine war effort to kill one troll (took him 5 years by the way)? Maybe getting assassinated makes him cool?

I never got the "coolness" of Vol'Jin. The way he speaks? The way he is a troll? The fact he is a friend of Thrall? Tell me what is freaking cool about him.
    He threatened Garrosh one time and has been worshiped ever since. That's all there is to it because that's all he's ever done.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    I dont know, since Saurfang was still mentioned in Cataclysm -> Stonetalon Mountains quest where Garrosh says to Overlord Krom'gar the following dialogue in "To Be Horde" questline:

Garrosh Hellscream says: "I spent a very long time in Northrend, Krom'gar. I learned much about the Horde in that time."
    Garrosh Hellscream says: "While there, a wise old war hero told me something that I would carry with me forever..."
    Garrosh Hellscream says: "Honor," Krom'gar, "No matter how dire the battle... never forsake it."
    Garrosh Hellscream says: "Overlord Krom'gar, you have disgraced the Horde."

That right there is Saurfang's words to Garrosh, I believe Blizz didnt forget about what Saurfang said to Garrosh in Wotlk, as it is said in Cataclysm. I wonder if the possibilty of seeing Varok Saurfang joining the Siege of Orgrimmar with some of the Horde Expedition maybe... Its just theory after all

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    He threatened Garrosh one time and has been worshiped ever since. That's all there is to it because that's all he's ever done.
    Pretty much this, i can't think about other reason. I guess that people love this "lawfull good monster dude" vibe.

Budd kills Garrosh and surprises everyone.

He becomes the new Alliance leader then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    Budd kills Garrosh and surprises everyone.

He becomes the new Alliance leader then.
    Ahoy! I'm Raaaaiding!
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

That's a rather old boot you've dug up, OP, but I do agree on the person. I'd much rather it be Saurfang than that pansy troll or any other lore character.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

I think that this dialogue is way more probably to happen:

Garrosh Hellscream says: Don't talk back to me, troll. You know who was left in charge here. Haven't you stopped to ask yourself why Thrall chose me instead of you?
    Vol'jin says: Dere be no question why, Garrosh. He gave ya tha title because ya be Grom's Son and because tha people be wantin' a war hero.
    Vol'jin says: I tink ya be more like ya father den he thought, even without da demon blood.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: You are lucky that I don't gut you right here, whelp. You are foolish to think you can speak to your Warchief in such ways.
    Vol'jin says: Ya be no Warchief of mine. Ya not earned my respect. And I'll not be seein' tha Horde destroyed by ya foolish thirst for war.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: And what exactly do you think that you're going to do about it? Your threats are hollow. Go slink away with the rest of your kind in the slums. I will endure your filth in my throne room no longer.
    Vol'jin says: I know exactly what I'll be doin' about it, son of Hellscream. I'll watch and wait as ya people slowly become aware of ya ineptitude. I'll laugh as dey grow ta despise ya as I do.
    Vol'jin says: And when tha time comes dat ya failure is complete and ya "power" is meaningless, I will be dere to end ya rule swiftly and silently.
    Vol'jin says: Ya will spend ya reign glancin' over ya shoulda and fearin' tha shadows, for when tha time comes and ya blood be slowly drainin' out, ya will know exactly who fired da arrow dat pierced ya black heart.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: You have sealed your fate, troll.
    Garrosh Hellscream spits at Vol'jin's feet.
    Vol'jin says: And you yours, "Warchief".
    Sig by Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTheHoe View Post
    Here's a crazy idea. What if they let us get the killing blow seeing as we will be doing all the work?
    Hear, hear brother!