... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Cinematic shots are OP.
    Varian has 523 million health, though

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    It probably wouldn't dent his armor or scar tissue.

Ugh, if the horde gets credit for another kill i'm gonna be super pissed off. WotLK was supposed to be the alliance's story but horde got credit for arthas' kill. in Cata it didn't matter who was there because Thrall got ultimate credit. If the horde get credit for killing garrosh... why do I even bother playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    Ugh, if the horde gets credit for another kill i'm gonna be super pissed off. WotLK was supposed to be the alliance's story but horde got credit for arthas' kill. in Cata it didn't matter who was there because Thrall got ultimate credit. If the horde get credit for killing garrosh... why do I even bother playing?
    Huh? Since when did the horde get the credit for taking down the lich king? I was under the impression the Horde didn't even make it to the terrace with Saurfangs boy, because afaik the alliance version was considered canon. Even then I was under the impression the ashen verdict got the credit for the kill with tirion as its leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pawsz View Post
    Wotlk was ages ago, I doubt blizzard planned that far ahead.
    I doubt Saurfang will kill Garrosh, but yes Blzzard does plan far ahead. They just started working on Cata when TBC was released.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Huh? Since when did the horde get the credit for taking down the lich king? I was under the impression the Horde didn't even make it to the terrace with Saurfangs boy, because afaik the alliance version was considered canon. Even then I was under the impression the ashen verdict got the credit for the kill with tirion as its leader.
    I don't know, but I do know that Jaina and Varian both know the fate of Bolvar according to The Shattering. That would imply that either one of them was there or there was Alliance involvement, unless Tirion broke the whole 'tell noone of this' thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    You mean the novels and expanded materials show a deeper picture of lore than the game? No.... =P
    I honestly haven't seen a well told story in this game since Wrathgate. All it takes is Blizzard making sure that the most important parts of the story are told in the game to ensure it remains cohesive. Telling such major plots as Vol'jins coming to or Garrosh's rise to power in novels greatly detracts from the game's lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Literally everything we have encountered to this date would prove you very, VERY wrong about that.

Blizzard plans WAY WAY ahead.

And while Saurfang has a good chance of being there to see the deed done, he will have to elbow Vol'jin out of the way to get his shot in first.
    They said they didn't plan THAT far ahead. They may have done but I still doubt that this is a hint about who is going to kill Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppi View Post
    Hi guys, I have a hunch going on that somehow Varok Saurfang will return from Northrend and end Garrosh himself... What gets me thinking of this is that dialogue between Garrosh and Saurfang. Everyone can see this piece of RP going on repeatedly at Borean Tundra:

Garrosh Hellscream says: But surely you cannot think that those children were born into innocence? They would have grown up and taken arms against us!
    High Overlord Saurfang shakes his head.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I am not speaking solely of the children of our enemies...
    High Overlord Saurfang pauses.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I won't let you take us down that dark path again, young Hellscream. I'll kill you myself before that day comes...

I don't know, but I can see this as a great chance to say that it is a foreshadowing... We might end up with Saurfang as warchief, who knows, what do you guys think of this?
    I think you might be half right in maybe at the grand climax of 5.3 or maybe during some event in 5.4 in the story line questing he will try and kill Garrosh. Prob have the upper hand until Garrosh is infused with power from the sha of pride and kills the old orc hero. This will be the final straw for the majority of those orcs that still support hellscream to defect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensui06 View Post
    I think you might be half right in maybe at the grand climax of 5.3 or maybe during some event in 5.4 in the story line questing he will try and kill Garrosh. Prob have the upper hand until Garrosh is infused with power from the sha of pride and kills the old orc hero. This will be the final straw for the majority of those orcs that still support hellscream to defect.
    I don't expect Saurfant to play a huge role. I hope he's there, kicking some kor'kron ass, etc, but considering he hasn't shown up in MoP yet and we already have 5.3's content on the ptr, I very much doubt he'll show up in the last patch and have a huge impact on it. If anything I'd say Thrall being martyred to turn the orcish people against Garrosh is more likely.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    After Thrall visits Garrosh etc, he'll go fetch Saurfang from Northrend. Saurfang will take him out, beat the corruption out of him and be named new leader of the Orcs, he will not accept Warchief of the Horde though, he'll pass that honor over to Lor'Themar Theron and then he'll pass leader of the Orcs honor over to Thrall's son, when he comes of age.
    That's a pretty good way to end it.

Saurfang kills Garrosh in honorable combat giving him legitimate claim to the Warchief title (at least among the Orcs), the fact that he is well respected among the Orcs means few will have a problem with him leading.

As for Warchief of the Horde, Saurang is mostly a "military Orc". He probably isn't interested in politics. So the Horde will either be ruled by "council" or Lor'themar/Vol'jin. Lor'themar seems likely, for a military guy he is a surprisingly good political leader. Vol'jin ... He doesn't seem to be much of a politician but if the left over trolls from the ToT joins the Horde ...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    as to the OP, all characters will react differently
    People like Vol'jin, Varian, and Jaina are out for blood and revenge.
    People like Baine and Thrall may be more merciful then them
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    again, why do people think saurfang cares.

his son is dead, hes not gonna come into orgrimmar and run for warchief of the year guys
    Honor. Saurfang is a orc of his own words.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    as to the OP, all characters will react differently
    People like Vol'jin, Varian, and Jaina are out for blood and revenge.
    People like Baine and Thrall may be more merciful then them
    Thrall is out for blood -.-

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall is out for blood -.-
    not in my eyes
    Garrosh hsnt harmed Thrall personally, and Thrall is already hurting over the whole situation, so he dsnt seem as bloodthirsty to me as those other characters
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

I really hope Thrall dies and that changes the Horde and makes them revolt. I would love and respect the writers so much more.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I really hope Thrall dies and that changes the Horde and makes them revolt. I would love and respect the writers so much more.
    This isn't GoT they shouldn't kill off the main character

Why shouldn't they? I actually wouldn't even call him the main character. Maybe the most loved by certain people on the staff... sure. It would make for a more compelling story... especially better than "green Jesus Thrall shows up, saves the day and kills or defeats Garrosh..."

10+ Year Old Account
    How much did Sylvanas have when she was shot to the head? And Varian doesn't have Val'kyr...

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 12:22 PM ----------

They already stole tons of concepts from Warhammer, could take something good from other franchises as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    A lot of people have said they'd kill Garrosh. Saurfang, Vol'jin, Jaina, Varian, I think Sylvanas has indicated she would, Lorth'emar.
    this. Its pretty much anyones game by the looks of it..