Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Id like that, from an alliance perspective Saurfang was pretty likable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Maybe he'll just give a big speech from this throne then he'll stand up to start the fight but slip on those steps. He'll tumble down, drop his axe like always, and land face first on it. Loot then falls out of his pockets. Everyone walks home in awkward silence. The End.
    Thrall: You dissapoint me Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Tiron alone? No. Tirion + all the unleashed souls from Frostmourne after he shattered it? Yes. And I love the idea of those souls taking their vengeance after being freed, but from a story perspective the player characters didn't contribute anything except getting killed, which was annoying.
    I see what you mean.... but who is to say Tirion could have done that without us weakening the LK?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I see what you mean.... but who is to say Tirion could have done that without us weakening the LK?
    he couldnt have, the only reason tirion even hit arthas was because he caught arthas off guard.

it was really just a cop out to make him die.

lorewise we shouldnt have been able to kill the lich king, the only reason we got to icecrown is because arthas wanted us to
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Tiron alone? No. Tirion + all the unleashed souls from Frostmourne after he shattered it? Yes. And I love the idea of those souls taking their vengeance after being freed, but from a story perspective the player characters didn't contribute anything except getting killed, which was annoying.

But you seems to forget that we as players took LK's attention, and one of the reasons why LK succeeded was becuase he cought Arthas offguard, becuase he was so busy turning us to undead.

I really don't see a problem having such a minor role here. It made a sense to me, and as long as story is enjoyable I can deal with many things.
    Besides, this chapter is already over, and we cannot do anything with it.

PS, I love that famous joke whih got spread after ICC was revealed :

"It took Tirion a whole fight with Lich King, to remember to use Every man of himself to get out of ice block"
    Last edited by Ramz; 2013-04-25 at 01:21 AM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    "It took Tirion a whole fight with Lich King, to remember to use Every man of himself to get out of ice block"
    Can you blame him there were lots of things going on he was pretty stressed at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Can you blame him there were lots of things going on he was pretty stressed at the moment
    i think tirion's just rubbish at keeping himself out of defile so he just entered the fight and was like "yeah freeze me first defile doesn't work on stunned characters"
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

We don't really know. All super charged like that, he might have been able to break frostmourne head on.

Seems kind of funny though. How does the light's champion and leader of the Argent Crusade defeat his enemy? Strike when his back is turned...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    There are a lot of people FAR more deserving of killing Garrosh.

Jaina, Thrall, Vereesa, Vol'jin, Baine off the top of my head.

Not really.
    I mean
    Jaina: had her city nuked
    Thrall: just had all the effort he put into the Horde nearly erased.
    Vereesa: Just had her Husband killed, Not terribly special, plus it was Rhonin, Warcraft Lore fans should've cheered for that death.
    Vol'jin: Got annoyed with the Warchief, granted Hellscream does have an attitude, and starts to develop his own attitude towards Garrosh, after being sent to the Slums he leaves Orgrimmar, he nearly gets himself killed for what he's said later on etc...
    Baine: Just had his father killed in a duel that WAS to the death, Cairne himself agreed to that.

But Saurfang? When Saurfang was stationed in Northrend, he did try to teach Garrosh what he knew, but was also worried about the path that Garrosh may take the horde down

"I won't let you take us down that dark path again, young Hellscream. I'll kill you myself before that day comes..."
    --Saurfang to Garrosh (Warsong Hold)

"...It is unfortunate, then, that Hellscream employs such savage tactics. As victory approaches, Hellscream gains further justification for his methods, which in turn brings us closer to a place we have not been in many years: a dark place."
    --Letter from Saurfang

Saurfang has expressed his concerns more than once, and to be honest, even though Thrall has tried hard to lead his people away from that "Dark place" Saurfang would be much better just from a story telling perspective. Thrall had only heard about the blood curse and saw the lethargy that followed, while Saurfang Had drank the Blood of Mannoroth, in fact he's one of the oldest Orcs alive today. Having been around and leading forces from the Sacking of Shattrath to the Siege of Stormwind, Finding himself Doomhammer's second in Command after Blackhand's death. He never lost a battle until the Horde got routed at the end of the Second war. Post Blood Curse, he didn't use the Demon Blood as an excuse for his actions and actually helped a lot of older veterans come to terms with the atrocities they had committed. If anyone in the Horde knows just how bad things can get when the Orcs give themselves over to Corruption, it's Saurfang, have experienced, pre and post Blood Curse Life.
    Last edited by Wildberry; 2013-04-25 at 01:47 AM.

Deleted

But LK? LK toys with us. When we prove we're good enough to be his champions, he 1 shots us and shows he wasn't just gloating all expansion. He really COULD kill us at any time. EVERYTHING WE DID up until then was useless. Meaningless. The entire fight was a test and then we're killed. Then Tirion does the first meaningful thing all fight, goes super saijyan and and shatters frostmourne, and the spirits leave the LK helpless. Oh, look. We're not needed here either. Tirion can kill the LK on his own now. The problem with the LK fight is that the players are superfluous. You could try and argue that without us being dead and about to be raised, Tirion wouldn't have had the same motivation to do that last prayer or something, but that's it. We MIGHT have been temporary martyrs to inspire Tirion.
    But what else could they have done? Storywise, a bunch of nobodies (Players) and I say "nobodies" lightly because I know we're somewhat heroes but if a handful of us just showed up out of nowhere with the power the fight and kill the LK, we'd be more powerful that Tirion in the first place and would have no need for him. Then, once defeated, it would be this handful of heroes that are celebrated and we'd have our own little monument fountain in the middle of Dalaran, for what? for us to just be forgotten and vanish as soon as Deathwing shows up? What im trying to get across is that the player hero would have become a much larger character to the Alliance/Horde and would have as much respect as Tirion himself. So instead of throwing the lore on it's arse with these would-be-heroes showing up they had to work around an already established lore character taking him down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it will be Vol'Jin. He started the open rebelion against Hellscream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    I think it will be Vol'Jin. He started the open rebelion against Hellscream.
    The problem with that option is that we are yet to see vol'jin fight anything without getting completely owned. Zalazane would mop the floor with him if not bwosambi (that OP loa of darkspears). And then he got bitchslapped by nameless orc without even fighting back. If vol'jin wants to kill anyone he needs to start lifting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    The problem with that option is that we are yet to see vol'jin fight anything without getting completely owned. Zalazane would mop the floor with him if not bwosambi (that OP loa of darkspears). And then he got bitchslapped by nameless orc without even fighting back. If vol'jin wants to kill anyone he needs to start lifting.
    He's already made it clear though that he'll "shoot from the shadows" and all that jazz, he's about as much as a 1on1 fighter as all critters everywhere.

Taking Garrosh head on wouldn't be the smartest thing he's ever done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    He's already made it clear though that he'll "shoot from the shadows" and all that jazz, he's about as much as a 1on1 fighter as all critters everywhere.

Taking Garrosh head on wouldn't be the smartest thing he's ever done.
    His definition of "shooting from shadows" is to send goons while he provides spiritual support. THE EMPEROR IS WITH US !!!!

Lorewise Vol'Jin is as powerful as Zalazane, and one of the major reasons why he had troubles fighting him was because he was his former friend. Much like Dumbledore versus Grindelwald if anyone was reading Harry Potter (I cannot come up with other comparision). So I'd advise to read Leader's short story.

And you're highly underestimating Trolls, surely they're not as strong as Taurens, but they're the swiftest and most agile among other Horde races, Darkspears are the weakest of all tribes, but they're still stronger than many other races, thier agility combined with strenght they have makes them already great fighters, and Darkspear veterans are one of the most acomplished and renomed warriors,- at least this is what is Blizzard's description in one of the guides.

Besides Vol'Jin is Shadow Hunter, and they're trained to deal precise strikes. One Siame Quasi can match with a platoon of blood/ high elven troops.

And he WAS NOT bitchslapped, he was assasinated. You can't have much to do in such situations do you? Or do you know people with slitten throat to fight back? that would be amusing story. Surely that game mechanics made it look like it could be prevented but from the story description it really wasn't.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2013-04-25 at 11:39 AM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    His definition of "shooting from shadows" is to send goons while he provides spiritual support. THE EMPEROR IS WITH US !!!!
    hahaha, it's just the Vol'jin way, mon!

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    Vol'jin wants to kill him because of the attempted murder on him.
    Sylvannas wants to kill him because she got dicked around and called a bitch.
    Lor'themar wants to kill him because of the events in 5.1
    Baine doesn't have a reason but he supports Vol'jin and Lor'themar.
    Garrosh killed his pops in dishonorable 1v1 combat.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    We all know who will do it..

Garrosh will absorb all sha energies (reaching his Final Form™ - Garro'sha) and will be too powerfull to be defeated by Varian or Vol'jin..
    So those two, in the last attempt will perfomr Fusion-Ha becoming Var'jin.. or Vol'ian... not sure..
    This will pretty much fuse horde and alliance players together, so that next xpack there will be no 2 factions, just "Horde Alliance of Awesumness"..

Of course Var'jin.. Vol'ian will kick the living shit out of Garro'sha, who will then devour Saurfang, Eitrigg, this Reliquary-gay-Blood Elf that stands in Grommash Hold reaching his Final Final Form™.. At this point Thrall will step in, with his hair glowing yellow, all crackling with lightning and will just face puch Garrosh into another dimension, after which he will give his final blessing to Var'jin.. Vol'ian.. and ascends to heaven while angelic voices sing his name "Ooohh Thrall, the Greatest, The savior of everything", birds will flock around his feet, and Alexstrasza together with Sylvanas will sit naked on an angelic cloud by his side..

Aggra will switch job to become a soccer commentator.. "AAAnd he gets the ball, he runs, he kicks.. aaaand GGGGOOOOOOEEELLLL!!"..
    You sir, are amazing. I just laughed my ass off.
    Sig by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    And you're highly underestimating Trolls, surely they're not as strong as Taurens, but they're the swiftest and most agile among other Horde races, Darkspears are the weakest of all tribes, but they're still stronger than many other races, thier agility combined with strenght they have makes them already great fighters, and Darkspear veterans are one of the most acomplished and renomed warriors,- at least this is what is Blizzard's description in one of the guides.
    It's unfortunate that Trolls seem to get very little in-game lore attached to them compared to some of the more prominent races in Warcraft. They're probably one of the more mysterious and certainly one of the most ancient races on Azeroth. They fought against the assembled kingdoms of the Aqiri insect races to the point that their kingdom was fractured in the process. The Might of Kalimdor was just arrayed against a single kingdom of the Aqiri and was fighting to survive, I can only imagine what the power of the Qiraji, Nerubian, and Mantid races together must have looked like.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I don't think we'll actually kill Garrosh. I think he'll be the first boss of the next expansion and he'll be the segway to it. For example he'll be the new head of the orc burning legion.