Thread: The Oculus Rift

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    One of my friends got to try it out since his office bought one for the office Christmas party. He said it was really cool, but he felt that the current dev kit level graphics gave him motion sickness that he hoped would clear up more once the higher res model came out.
    Bought one a while back and the motion sickness is a massive problem for me at the moment. So much so that I haven't touched it in weeks as even thinking about it makes me a little nauseous. Really hope the consumer version will actually fix this, but I think I'm going to try someone else's before I buy it next time, just to make sure.

Good for FPS I guess, witch I'll never play.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I'd like to try it in MMO's for pvp, at least. Might not be feasible for PvE. Battlegrounds would be a blast.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Bought one a while back and the motion sickness is a massive problem for me at the moment. So much so that I haven't touched it in weeks as even thinking about it makes me a little nauseous. Really hope the consumer version will actually fix this, but I think I'm going to try someone else's before I buy it next time, just to make sure.
    Try Gravol or Travel tabs. This eliminated the motion sickness for me. I nearly puked on the first day so I bought some gravol, take two in the morning and i'm good for the whole day. I am hoping that by the time I run out of gravol I will be aclimatized to VR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Good for FPS I guess, witch I'll never play.
    I almost never play FPS games but can't wait for this to come out as it would work really great with MMOs, RPGs and for watching movies.

The resolution on the other hand is a bit problematic. It would need to be at least 4k for several reasons. First, the obvious one, the screens are really close to your eyes and even though the lens might make the images appear less pixelated, you can still see the black space between pixels and as some mentioned before, motion sickness. The other reason is there aren't 2 screens in there. It's not even done like with 3d monitors where it flickers between 2 images. There's just one screen, divided to 2. So if it was 1920*1080 resolution screen (which was promised for consumer version), its only like 1k * 1k per eye.

I guess if it takes off, they might start to build them with longer panels though. Instead of 16/9 ones, they might just start using longer ones with more specialized format or a separate screen for each eye.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    But but...I just ordered a DK2 5 days ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    But but...I just ordered a DK2 5 days ago!
    Refund it and wait for them to start selling the upgraded one.