15+ Year Old Account

Rogue PvP Addons?

Hi all!

As some of you might have seen I've recently started a rogue for the intention of some PvP, its the first toon I'll have PvP'd with since Seasons 2 and 3. That being said my standard UI might be lacking. Although my rogue is only at 38 so far, I'm hoping to get the UI set up ASAP so that I'm 'used' to it by the time I hit 90 and start hitting serious PvP.

The look of my UI (I'll post later when I get home from work) I'm fine with. But I'm sure it will need tweaks for PvP. I've already downloaded Gladius and Healers have to Die. (And I already had Gnosis or Quartz (forget which I'm running atm) for more noticable enemy cast bars for interupts)

But what other Addons would you suggest? I'll state now that I'm by no means looking towards high end tournament gaming, so I don't need to get used to playing without Mods for that, so pointless suggesting it =p

I'm new to both rogues and any form of PvP since S3, so want to make the transition as smooth as possible. To begin with I'll be doing mostly Arena - 2v2 until the others I plan to play with catch up, and then 3v3. Filling in with Random Battle grounds to grind honor etc. Eventually I'll give Rated BG's a try, but not fussed about that until I get there...

Honestly, you don't need much. Other than quartz and hhtd Tellmewhen or weakauras are useful for tracking buffs/debuffs and battleground targets is pretty good for bgs but mostly rbgs.
    Last edited by yogie; 2013-04-22 at 04:03 PM.

Deleted
    Sliceadmiral is pretty good for buff tracking, I use it for all specs I play

I like Gladius and GladiatorLoSSA for arena. Lots of people on my RBG team use Battleground Targets, but I haven't really messed with it. If you have trouble spotting healers, use Healers Have to Die.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you wanna go minimal, Gladius is advisable. Anything aside from that is personal preferance.

15+ Year Old Account
    yeh I don't wanna go too over the top and end up qith a clusterfuck of a UI that throws too much info at me lol. I think I've got most of the basics covered now though, as for rogue specific stuff - what buffs and debuffs (mine) do I need to be tracking? and what is the best way to do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well.. we don't really have proc mechanics unless you play with paralytic poison..

You need to track everything. Your bleeds, cc, snd, cooldowns..

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, keep track of everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    I meant more which ones will I be keeping up - Currently I try to keep up SnD on me and cripling on them as thats all I've really got at my level. I'll have a look at that slice admiral, see what that looks like, if not I might look into something like weak auras to keep a good visual track of everything...

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't keep anything up. You make a judgement on what you use your combopoints on depending on the situation you find yourself in.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was under the impression that at later levels you want to at least keep SnD up as much as possible for the energy regen? and Recuperate was 'as needed' but read that it kinda heals for sod all now?

Deleted
    @kipling

Throughout my latest video, you can see sliceadmiral in action:

You will see it above my player unit frame.
    I have it set up to display attack power and other stats, mainly for pve, but above that info bar, you will see timer bars that become active for slice and dice, recoup, and options are available for poison, vendetta, RvS, evenom buff if playing those specs. Though it doesn't cover everything, I find it useful and easy to use for those things

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veej View Post
    @kipling

Throughout my latest video, you can see sliceadmiral in action:

-video snip - Mugajak-

You will see it above my player unit frame.
    I have it set up to display attack power and other stats, mainly for pve, but above that info bar, you will see timer bars that become active for slice and dice, recoup, and options are available for poison, vendetta, RvS, evenom buff if playing those specs. Though it doesn't cover everything, I find it useful and easy to use for those things
    Cheers for that! I might need to change my health bars etc to work it quite like that, as I'm using a HUD style set up currently so not sure where I'd put the bars to make them fit in smoothly... But I'll download it tonight and play around with it =)

Also I really liked the killing blow indicator! what was that? =D
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-04-26 at 03:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    I was under the impression that at later levels you want to at least keep SnD up as much as possible for the energy regen? and Recuperate was 'as needed' but read that it kinda heals for sod all now?
    You still have to make the judgement wether or not you are going to use those 5CP to keep up SnD or try to get that killing blow with them. Sometimes dropping SnD is the better option. But while standing by, building pressure or otherwise not going for the kill you should indeed try to keep it around.

And recuperate is godlike.

15+ Year Old Account
    ah ok, so if the kill is likely to happen letting it drop could be worth it to get a 5CP evis off etc?

I'll leave off too much more actual PvP questions until I'm at 90, I'm sure a lot of questions that arise now will have different answers to what they would at 90 when it matters.

One thing I will ask though - now they've changed the way the spell books work most classes suffer less action bar bloat. are there any abilities as a sub rogue I don't need on my bars? or should I have and keybind everything - just in cases?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    ah ok, so if the kill is likely to happen letting it drop could be worth it to get a 5CP evis off etc?

I'll leave off too much more actual PvP questions until I'm at 90, I'm sure a lot of questions that arise now will have different answers to what they would at 90 when it matters.

One thing I will ask though - now they've changed the way the spell books work most classes suffer less action bar bloat. are there any abilities as a sub rogue I don't need on my bars? or should I have and keybind everything - just in cases?
    You don't really need Expose Armor or Crimson Tempest. The rest should be bound though.

15+ Year Old Account
    ok then, tyvm ^_^

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Hey Kipling!
    Rogues don't need as many addons as some but i'll list two here that i feel are essential:
    -GladiatorlosSA (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/gladiatorlossa)
    Announces offensive and defensive spells players use, the millisecond they happen. I can't recommend this addon enough, for both rbgs and arena.
    -Female Announcer (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/female-announcer)
    Since you wanted a kb addon, whats better than having a sexy lady scream down your ear when you land that killing blow. Let's just say when you hit HOLLLLYYY SHIIIT, it gives you extra incentive not to die.
    Hope this was useful in some way.
    - F

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    Hey Kipling!
    Rogues don't need as many addons as some but i'll list two here that i feel are essential:
    -GladiatorlosSA (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/gladiatorlossa)
    Announces offensive and defensive spells players use, the millisecond they happen. I can't recommend this addon enough, for both rbgs and arena.
    -Female Announcer (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/female-announcer)
    Since you wanted a kb addon, whats better than having a sexy lady scream down your ear when you land that killing blow. Let's just say when you hit HOLLLLYYY SHIIIT, it gives you extra incentive not to die.
    Hope this was useful in some way.
    - F
    Cheers Anium! I'll check those out =)

edit - lol just looked at the female announcer page on curse, sounds a lot like the URT announcer style of things :3