Thread: gear based?

gear based?

Hey there!

just a quick question :P

is moonkin gear based/weapon based?

...? all classes are gear based. Not really sure what you are asking. You wont go far in the game staying naked with no gear.

Gear adds stats (intellect, haste, crit, etc) and stats up your damage.
    Moonkin actually scale pretty well with gear (dps starts low and ramps up at a nice pace as you acquire gear) -

As for weapon based...they don't have abilities based off of weapon damage if that's what you meant. Their abilities are all based on spellpower. That being said, your caster weapon has a huge chunk of spellpower on it in addition to normal stats...so its still important to have a good one.

Might want to read the Moonkin sticky and brush up on the basics.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2013-04-22 at 06:34 PM.

yes i know..

but a ww monk does pretty good dps without good gear
    yes it scales up when the get more gear but not as mutch as some other classes.

and you gave me the answer "boomkin actually scale pretty well with gear (dps starts low and ramps up at a nice pace as you acquire gear)"

Quote Originally Posted by Promithiuz View Post
    yes i know..

but a ww monk does pretty good dps without good gear
    yes it scales up when the get more gear but not as mutch as some other classes.

and you gave me the answer "boomkin actually scale pretty well with gear (dps starts low and ramps up at a nice pace as you acquire gear)"

From what I've seen other classes scale alot better compared to boomkin, they make a big jump up in BIS gear...

You can check noxxic dps ranking for each ilvl group : http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic#BiS

Deleted
    Once you have the gear to reach haste and hit breakpoints without too much reforging and can reforge mostly into crit, your DPS will rise very very quickly. Moonkins rise in DPS tremendously when you get 510+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moonkin gain a much larger benefit from more gear then most classes. However you won't see this comparing equal ilevel classes, at lower ilevels anyway. Most likely classes of the same ilevel will still outdps a Moonkin, (single target). If you are trying to make a choice I'd stick with a different class, if the ilevel based dps is your concerning factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Promithiuz View Post
    Hey there!

just a quick question :P

is moonkin gear based/weapon based?

boomkin is skill/brain based more than it is gear based.

Quote Originally Posted by spawnpl View Post
    noxxic
    Noooooooooooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiqjaq View Post
    Noooooooooooooo.

Yea, noxxic sucks but it gives people somewhat of an idea on where their class stands at different ilvls. If you don't like noxxic you can always look at WOLs and simcraft and compare results.

Noxxic saying to use NV when the general Moonkin community consensus is that it sucks :P

10+ Year Old Account
    To answer the question: we don't scale with weapon damage like a feral does. Weapons ofc make a big difference, but not even close to the same way.

Despite what (some) others have said, boomkin scales REALLY well with gear, so don't get disheartened if you're not pumping huge deeps with a low ilv, stick it out and you'll see far better results in the long run.

And avoid noxxic.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee