Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 5.3 PTR Notes Update - Level 85 to 90 XP Reduced by 33%

The Secrets of Ragefire Scenario, Blossoming Ancient Pet, Blue Tweets, News Recap

Patch 5.3 PTR Notes Update - April 22
    Lots of interesting changes today, with the highlights below:

• Experience needed to increase from level 85 to level 90 has been reduced by 33% (How it will work)
    • Reduced the number of Lesser Charms of Good Fortune needed for the Mogu Runes of Fate weekly quest to 50, down from 90.
    • Shado-Pan Assault belts now require Friendly reputation to purchase, down from Revered.
    • Shado-Pan Assault chest pieces now require Honored reputation to purchase, down from Revered.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    General
    • Experience needed to increase from level 85 to level 90 has been reduced by 33%.

Classes
    • Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator
      • General
        • Tranquility now targets 12 raid members (up from 5) each time it heals when used in a 25-player instance. This change also applies to players using the Symbiosis version of Tranquility.
      • Restoration
        • Ironbark now has a cooldown of 60 seconds, down from 2 minutes.
        • Swiftmend area-of-effect component now heals injured allies within 10 yards, up from 8 yards.
        • Wild Mushroom: Bloom now heals all allies within 10 yards (up from 8 yards) for 100% more, and includes bonus healing from Rejuvenation overhealing.
      • Item Sets
        • Restoration PvP 4-piece set bonus now reduces the cooldown of Ironbark by 30 seconds (down from 90 seconds).

• Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • General
        • Revive Pet now has a cast time of 4 seconds, down from 6 seconds.

• Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Mistweaver
        • Revival now has a healing cap of 15 raid members (up from 6) when used in a 25-player instance.

• Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

• Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Glyphs
      • Discipline
        • Atonement now heals nearby friendly targets for 90% of the damage dealt, down from 100%.
        • Penance now deals 10% less damage, but healing done is increased by 10%.
      • Holy
        • Divine Hymn now targets 12 raid members (up from 5) each time it heals when used in a 25-player instance.
      • Shadow
        • Vampiric Embrace now has a healing cap of 15 raid members (up from 6) when used in a 25-player instance.

• Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • General
        • Demonic Gateway cast time has been reduced to 4 seconds, down from 5 seconds, gains its first charge after 5 seconds (down from 13 seconds), and gains a new charge every 10 seconds (down from 15 seconds). The summoned gateway has 100% of the summoning Warlock's health, 100% of the Warlock's resilience, and can now be attacked and killed by enemy players.
      • Item Sets

Pet Battles
    • General
      • Pandaren Spirit Pet Supplies now has a chance to drop a family specific rare Battle-Stone.
    • Battle Pet Quests
      • A new achievement and reward has been added for characters that complete every Pet Battle daily quest in a single day.
      • Protection for bad luck streaks have been added to Battle-Stones from pet supplies bags and wild battles. Each bag or battle that does not provide a stone has a progressively better chance to award a stone to the player.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Raids
      • Bonus Roll
        • Reduced the number of Lesser Charms of Good Fortune needed for the Mogu Runes of Fate weekly quest to 50, down from 90.
      • Terrace of Endless Spring
        • Players no longer need to have defeated Grand Empress Shek'zeer to enter the Terrace of Endless Spring in Normal difficulty.
      • Throne of Thunder
        • Primordius
        • The Genetically Unmodified Organism achievement has been redesigned. It now requires players to defeat Primordius while none of the players in the raid received a harmful mutation.
    • Dungeons
      • Completing the Challenge mode daily quest now awards a Heroic Cache of Treasures with a chance to contain an epic item!

Items
    Last edited by chaud; 2013-04-22 at 07:28 PM.

The XP nerf is the best thing ever. After my 6th 90, I dont care about the leveling process anymore.

Deleted
    I'm unimpressed by the resto druid "buffs".

*grumble* I still wish they'd just apply a XP % reduction to all alts after you hit 90 on your main.

experience needed to increase from level 86 to level 90 has been reduced by 33%.
    yes! Yes! Yes!

Wow, the XP redux is a freakin miracle!! It'll definitely make me hate levelling my alts a little bit less.

I'm also glad to see that they're reducing the number of lesser charms needed for your weekly runes.

First time I've liked so much about a blue post in a while...

Deleted
    I wonder are the changes to tranq and hymn being added to healing tide too

Quote Originally Posted by potatoez View Post
    I wonder are the changes to tranq and hymn being added to healing tide too
    Healing tide is already way better than divine hymn and tranq since it scales with haste and gets extra ticks while tranq and hymn don't. This change merely brings those 2 cds on par with healing tide since the change doesn't apply to healing tide by looking at the patch notes.

Yeah, with Lesser Charms able to come from mobs AND only requiring 50, the whole "dailies are required" complaint should be COMPLETELY dead.

And ugh, wish that the SPA rep requirement change happened earlier, getting to revered for the chest is excruciatingly slow right now

Deleted
    in before people start complaning becuause its 33% quicker to get to 90 the game becomes sooooooooo much easier and boring/ too casual.

Deleted
    'Revival now has a healing cap of 15 raid members (up from 6) when used in a 25-player instance.'
    Can someone clarify what this means, does it mean it will diminish less (because of the 6--->15) making it heal overall more in 25's? :S

in before people start complaining about an overabundance of lesser charms.

Deleted
    Not really sure why they felt they needed to nerf the Glyph of Battle-healer?

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Not really sure why they felt they needed to nerf the Glyph of Battle-healer?
    Because vengeance capped prot paladins do too much healing to other people.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The XP nerf is nice to hear, but damn, I'm at level 87 working on my 9th 90, with my last 2 classes at 85 and waiting. I'll definitely wait on the last two for this to go through, but eh, prolly still finish the current one.

But, maybe I'll go through and catch up all of my wife's alts!

Deleted
    Can someone explain the trinket change to me?
    "The following trinkets have on-use effects reduced by 33%, but have a 100% increase to duration when used in a Battleground or Arena."
    The way I understand it>
    The "on use" is probably meant as the proc.
    The reduction of effectivity and increase in duration is meant for BG and Arena as a whole, or is it blanket proc effectivity reduction by 33%, BUT increased duration in BG/Arena?

So SPA doesn't offer any items at revered? Awesomesauce.

Lmao as if 85-90 took long time.I got every class at 90 and it took me only 2 days with each one.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    So SPA doesn't offer any items at revered? Awesomesauce.
    maybe they'll add back in the commendation at revered.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Lmao as if 85-90 took long time.I got every class at 90 and it took me only 2 days with each one.
    48 hours of something YOU DO NOT ENJOY is kind of a long time.