How Do I Gear For The Green Fire Quest?

Hi all,

So I mainly PVP with my Warlock, but would like to do the Green Fire Quest. I've read all about it (i.e., how difficult the mechanics are, how it takes a lot of practice, and what iLevel you should roughly have), but the one thing I haven't really seen, is the best way to "gear-up" for the fight?

Right now I have full Malv PVP gear (iLevel is something like 476, can't recall exactly). Since I don't really PVE, I don't know where to go or what to do in order to obtain the pieces I'll need to get to finish the quest line? Should I be trying to obtain certain specific pieces via Raid drops? Should I be trying to get reputation pieces with valor points? If so, which ones?

Sorry if this is a pretty vague question, but if there is somewhere you could point me to that would help or serve as a guide, that would be great.

Many Thanks!

Do LFR use coins, get pve gear? Fill in the other pieces with valor gear.
    Cyner#1996

yea if you do stuff on the isle and get the key to the temple run, you can get quite a few coins that way. Then just run LFR and get the pve gear from there. With a mix of the first 3 LFR areas and a small amount from the ToT LFR you should be able to do it no problem. I think my pve ilvl was like 478 or something when I did mine.

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Hey there Morictan,

In your current gear you more than meet the gear requirements for Green Fire. A potential problem point for you could be the Well of Souls though, where you must try and kill the Boss before the room is flooded with wandering souls.

For Kanrethad himself, your well equipped. The fight is all about damage avoidance and mechanic mastery, so skill, not gear. On the off chance you don't have the DPS needed to bring him down before the Enrage, a Potion of Purification will give you 14 minutes to do the job, probably twice the time you actually need brother.

If your really wanting more gear though, Cyner hit the nail on the head. Do your weekly Treasure Room run on the Isle of Thunder (trying for 10-20 Elder Charms in the first room), then do all the Heart of Fear and Terrace LFR's, using a coin on each boss. Capping yourself at 1000 Valor each week will help loads. You can spend your Valor on 522 gear with the Shadow-Pan Assault, but you will need reputation with them gained from doing Throne of Thunder LFR first, which requires 480 ilevel.

Good luck mate!

Thanks everybody. This was very helpful.