Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

[TV] Futurama officialy cancelled

I haven't seen any other threads about this topic, and I'm not sure if a lot of people still follow the show. As of late, its sad to announce that Futurama has been cancelled

Futurama not renewed

The show never quite managed to live up to the lofty heights of its original run, but I'm sad to see it go for what is presumably the final, definitive time. It was a pretty significant part of my life for several years. I just hope it can go out on top. Again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bummer, but I honestly haven't watched it in years.

aw... i really liked the show
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Finally! It was going downhill all over the place, it's good to just give it a rest and remember the good old times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was under the impression it was cancelled a long time ago. It's actually news to me that it still had new episodes. If it's not on Sunday nights in amongst Family Guy and the Simpsons the I missed it.

Let me guess, it was on Sci-Fi only? Or something like that.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

curse the world! curse it!!!
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

This really saddens me, especially knowing that it's canceled and Family Guy is still on air. I really despise Family Guy, and would much rather watch Futurama.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Finally! It was going downhill all over the place, it's good to just give it a rest and remember the good old times.
    It is better to have a show die early before it becomes the new Simpsons.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    This really saddens me, especially knowing that it's canceled and Family Guy is still on air. I really despise Family Guy, and would much rather watch Futurama.
    Family Guy is garbage.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Quote Originally Posted by Nario64 View Post
    I was under the impression it was cancelled a long time ago. It's actually news to me that it still had new episodes. If it's not on Sunday nights in amongst Family Guy and the Simpsons the I missed it.

Comedy Central.

It wasn't very good after they picked it up. It's unfortunate, really, because the show was absolutely wonderful before Fox cancelled it =/
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Comedy Central picked it up. I didn't have any problems with the newer episodes. Thought they were still funny. It doesn't surprise me too much though that it was cancelled. The schedule was rather sporadic, would be hard to maintain a following like that.

I have really liked the newer seasons. They have been quite good imo. Oh well. People also took Firefly off the air. Those who run the channels really don't know what is good and what is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Balgruuf View Post
    It is better to have a show die early before it becomes the new Simpsons.

Family Guy is garbage.
    Family guy's ok, at least it's better than what futurama/simpsons were morphing into

IT WILL BE BACK!!!!

someday some other network will pick it up O-O i know it will

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 04:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Family guy's ok, at least it's better than what futurama/simpsons were morphing into
    BLASPHEMY!!!

SIMPSONS AND FUTURAMA ARE STILL MILES AHEAD OF FAMILY GUY!!! LIGHT YEARS EVEN!!!

o-o
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

picked up my comedy central in 2010
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Not too sad about this. While I love futurama - it did seem to lose a lot of its charm in most episodes ever since season 5. Many of the episodes felt like they were rushing through half-funny scenes with less memorable one-liners. All executed in fast, loud talking/yelling. If you look back to the older episodes they unfolded in a slower pace and the voice acting felt more geniuine.

The disconnect in the overall story progression in regards to Fry and Leela here and there wasn't good either imo.
    Last edited by neanoa; 2013-04-22 at 08:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad news everyone...

I still enjoyed the reincarnation on Comedy Central, but it did allow the show to have a bit more crude humor and language, something that never sat right with me. I just hope the finale is as good as Groening and Cohen say it'll be.

In the Netherlands, its still airing on Comedy Central. Even showing the new episodes.

In case people are interested in signing a petition, there's one going on:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/956/6...uturama-again/

About time, the show has been crap for years...

Quote Originally Posted by neanoa View Post
    Not too sad about this. While I love futurama - it did seem to lose a lot of its charm in most episdoes ever since season 5. Many of the episodes felt like they were rushing through half-funny scenes with less memorable one-liners. All executed in fast, loud talking/yelling. If you look back to the older episodes they unfolded in a slower pace and the voice acting felt more geniuine.

The disconnect in the overall story progression in regards to Fry and Leela here and there wasn't good either imo.
    that is one thing i didnt like about it, one week they would be dating, next week they hate eachother, one week they are dating other people, next week they are in love. its like they couldnt decide whether to be in a relationship or not