Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Herald of the Titans crakerjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ptwn, Oregon
    Posts
    2,803
    If you want to master arena, que by yourself and try and win as many 2v1's as possible... I won a few, here's a old photo of one of my wins.

    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

  2. #42
    Still not seeing a good argument here... against the OP that is...

  3. #43
    The objective of the arena is to kill everyone on the enemy team, have everyone on the enemy team leave, or a combination of both. If you can't complete this in the allotted time, you have not completed the objective and are awarded a loss.
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    The objective of the arena is to kill everyone on the enemy team, have everyone on the enemy team leave, or a combination of both. If you can't complete this in the allotted time, you have not completed the objective and are awarded a loss.
    I disagree. Especially that "making people leave" is a real objective. Again, in many sports and other video games, this would result in a loss to the Druid. Boxing and MMA style sports would have you losing points for running away. The real point isn't to "stay alive" or 'run away like a coward" ... and if you aren't actively trying to do that you should lose.

    The OPs team scored one kill, while the Druids team scored none. Why should both team be penalized exactly the same?

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubs-go-home View Post
    If it's a draw both teams lose 12 points. Has happend to us more than once and it's the same everytime

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 11:00 AM ----------



    How did we not deserve to win?

    We killed one of their players and they never even got one of us below 50%.

    Yet we can't kill the druid because of pillar humping and us lacking gear. (And maybe druid being abit op with so many hots, but lets leave that out of this discussion).

    Also like someone wrote above. Competent healers are not killable 1v1 and having a healer help on dps makes it a tiny bit easier but it's by no means an easy kill.
    You don't deserve a win for killing half their team.
    Bosses don't drop loot for almost killing them either
    Trylb / Galesin
    Winners never quit, Quitters never win
    Nobody Said It Was Easy

  6. #46
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I disagree. Especially that "making people leave" is a real objective. Again, in many sports and other video games, this would result in a loss to the Druid. Boxing and MMA style sports would have you losing points for running away. The real point isn't to "stay alive" or 'run away like a coward" ... and if you aren't actively trying to do that you should lose.

    The OPs team scored one kill, while the Druids team scored none. Why should both team be penalized exactly the same?
    Because there's always the chance for a comeback. Think of it as in a basketball game where a team is down 20 points with 10 minutes to go in the 4th quarter, and then the losing team goes on a scoring streak to comeback to win. This has happened my share of times back in Cata 2v2 Arena, where my partner would die first and I (as a Prot Warrior) would slowly 1v2 the enemy team to get the win. It didn't work against teams that had a healer, of course.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Because there's always the chance for a comeback. Think of it as in a basketball game where a team is down 20 points with 10 minutes to go in the 4th quarter, and then the losing team goes on a scoring streak to comeback to win. This has happened my share of times back in Cata 2v2 Arena, where my partner would die first and I (as a Prot Warrior) would slowly 1v2 the enemy team to get the win. It didn't work against teams that had a healer, of course.
    I never said it wasn't possible, I'm saying in the OPs story, it didn't. There was no comeback. The OPs team scored more kills, and were on the offensive the whole time... running away the whole time isn't really even trying. "trying to make people leave out of annoyance" shouldn't be admired or rewarded at all.

    I experienced this as well in 2's in BC. He would just shapreshift out of CC's and things, try to keep one of us cycloned, and run away humping pillars. His mana would easily come back while we ran around WAAAAAy slower than him waiting for our stuns to or CC CDs to end... all of this after nuking his rogue within seconds...

  8. #48
    You're saying you can't kill the healer in a 1v2. That implies you would NEVER be able to defeat this team to begin with.

    Sure, you could argue that you're the better team because you killed one of the players, but at the same time you could argue that the other team is better simply because they managed to keep you from getting in a second kill despite being outnumbered.

    What you're basically asking for is to be granted the win as soon as you get the first kill. Sorry, but it doesn't work like that. You either defeat the entire team or you don't.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    You're saying you can't kill the healer in a 1v2. That implies you would NEVER be able to defeat this team to begin with.

    Sure, you could argue that you're the better team because you killed one of the players, but at the same time you could argue that the other team is better simply because they managed to keep you from getting in a second kill despite being outnumbered.

    What you're basically asking for is to be granted the win as soon as you get the first kill. Sorry, but it doesn't work like that. You either defeat the entire team or you don't.
    I'm not asking for any of that. if they were truly the better team, that healer would have kept his dps alive. Thats a fact. if they were better, they would have killed one or more of us(of the OPS team in his case)... again, didn't happen, so how are they better? In both cases it was because of a Druid healer, I've never seen the same thing with other healers.

    No, if the allotted time is over, the team with the most kills should win. This is how other games and sports work.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    If you can't 2v1 someone in 15 minutes, you deserve to lose. Sorry.
    This argument is invalid with the recent state of some healers now. Have you even tried to kill a monk?

    I agree with the OP. If you kill one of the other team and times up, the team with 2 wins. You had the skill to kill first so you should reap the rewards.

  11. #51
    It's mindblowing that people actually believe that because a healer can run away and survive 1v2 for ~10mins his team should be equally rewarded for the match - eventhough he lost 50% of his teammates and has no actual chance of winning the game (killing at least one of his opponents).

    Also I really think people understimate the power of a decent resto druid versus a caster team.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 10:10 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    You're saying you can't kill the healer in a 1v2. That implies you would NEVER be able to defeat this team to begin with.

    Sure, you could argue that you're the better team because you killed one of the players, but at the same time you could argue that the other team is better simply because they managed to keep you from getting in a second kill despite being outnumbered.

    What you're basically asking for is to be granted the win as soon as you get the first kill. Sorry, but it doesn't work like that. You either defeat the entire team or you don't.
    We already defeated them by killing half their team and outplaying the druid.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I never said it wasn't possible, I'm saying in the OPs story, it didn't. There was no comeback. The OPs team scored more kills, and were on the offensive the whole time... running away the whole time isn't really even trying. "trying to make people leave out of annoyance" shouldn't be admired or rewarded at all.

    I experienced this as well in 2's in BC. He would just shapreshift out of CC's and things, try to keep one of us cycloned, and run away humping pillars. His mana would easily come back while we ran around WAAAAAy slower than him waiting for our stuns to or CC CDs to end... all of this after nuking his rogue within seconds...
    Then the two players needs to play better next time to score a kill against the healer that is playing alone. There really isnt anything else to it.
    If you are two players and cant score a kill against ONE player (healer or dps doesnt matter) then you are not good enough at the game.

    There is nothing else to it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 12:55 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubs-go-home View Post

    We already defeated them by killing half their team and outplaying the druid.
    Except that you didnt outplay the druid at all since you failed to kill him 2v1

    Its mindblowing to see how bad players defend their poor gameplay...

  13. #53
    Actually they did out play the druid since his job was to keep his partner alive and failed.

    Keeping HoTs up while you constantly shape shifting out of any roots/snares to run around pillars by itself is not skillful. You say its a 2v1 as if both players are dps. A healer puts out absurdly low damage outside of some gimmick such as the druid 6min cd or a MW's Fistweaveing. That additional 3k dps is not going to do anything on a class with a perma 40% increased movement speed, HoTs constantly ticking away, infinite mana pool, immunity to slows/roots. Thats not even getting into CD's they have to counter your burst. Most burst is on a 3min cd, and they have basicaly a 3min "invincibility" button via Tree of Life. Iron bark and barskin. Not even factoring in talents outside of Incarnation.

    You say they are bad for not being able to essentialy 1.2 v 1 a Resto druid? I say the resto Druid would be bad for not being able to.

  14. #54
    If the resto druid want to lose his time to make you angry, let him do. Thats the point of pvp: Making ppl rage :P

  15. #55
    So many World Wide Winners and people who have never played arena are posting in this thread. If you're running dps/healer and you manage to score a kill on the dps via proper cc and damage the game should be decided at the point, unfortunately, it's not, because then you have to practically 1v1 said healer, but this time break through the heals without being able to use cc's such as fear/poly/blind, etc to their greatest potential. Add LoS to the equation and things can get really frustrating, really fast. I agree, if you're running double dps and can't kill a healer, well that's tough, but to the teams running healer/dps it's just incredibly obnoxious and unsportsmanlike.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Then the two players needs to play better next time to score a kill against the healer that is playing alone. There really isnt anything else to it.
    If you are two players and cant score a kill against ONE player (healer or dps doesnt matter) then you are not good enough at the game.

    There is nothing else to it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 12:55 PM ----------



    Except that you didnt outplay the druid at all since you failed to kill him 2v1

    Its mindblowing to see how bad players defend their poor gameplay...
    I already outplayed them once by killing his teammate. How do you fail understand this?

    I would prefer to not get personal but I can say that I most certainly have higher ratings than you have ever had and will ever have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tranix View Post
    So many World Wide Winners and people who have never played arena are posting in this thread. If you're running dps/healer and you manage to score a kill on the dps via proper cc and damage the game should be decided at the point, unfortunately, it's not, because then you have to practically 1v1 said healer, but this time break through the heals without being able to use cc's such as fear/poly/blind, etc to their greatest potential. Add LoS to the equation and things can get really frustrating, really fast. I agree, if you're running double dps and can't kill a healer, well that's tough, but to the teams running healer/dps it's just incredibly obnoxious and unsportsmanlike.
    ^ This


    Try killing a decent resto druid with 10-15ilvls higher than you two (mage caster + healer), preferably above 2,2k mmr at least.
    Good luck !

    Maybe I expected more out of mmo than I should have, may be better off at AJ

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
    lol if a restro druid can do that for another 15 minutes then it should be completely justified, come on... stop being salty and making threads that only benefits you when you want it to. that druid apparently kited 2 people and stayed alive with heals. what was your partner doing? what comp where u guys? what map? you did not play well if you cant 2v1 in 15m

    This doesnt just happen to him, I was playing my druid as resto with a Spriest, and we were fighting a Monk/BM HUnter in Dalaran Sewers. After about 10 mins we land a kill on the hunter, it took us nearly 15 mins to kill the monk who was running away all the time using roll and jumping off the edge and teleporting back up if we chased. In 2v2 this kind of situation is no fun specially if you are a dps class that cannot chase ( Shadow priest ). What he displayed was not skill, simply running away using his abilities. Why would he be rewarded from fleeing? He has no slowing abilities, I have typhoon on 30 second CDs, I have a stun which makes him impossible to hit with any abilities for 2-3 sec,
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/97457-scissors is not a sword... or at least thats what my mom told me when I was 6.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubs-go-home View Post
    I already outplayed them once by killing his teammate. How do you fail understand this?

    I would prefer to not get personal but I can say that I most certainly have higher ratings than you have ever had and will ever have.



    ^ This


    Try killing a decent resto druid with 10-15ilvls higher than you two (mage caster + healer), preferably above 2,2k mmr at least.
    Good luck !

    Maybe I expected more out of mmo than I should have, may be better off at AJ
    Someone is full of himself, thats for sure

    Unsubscribing to this thread because it just hurts my eyes to see this amount of ignorance on the same place.

    Ciao!

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubs-go-home View Post
    Try killing a decent resto druid with 10-15ilvls higher than you two (mage caster + healer), preferably above 2,2k mmr at least.
    Good luck !
    You're asking for changes to be brought in to fix an issue where you cannot kill a healer that outgears you in an unbalanced bracket. If anything shouldn't this thread be about druid survivability (or the lack of offensive capabilities on your partner's class)?
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Someone is full of himself, thats for sure

    Unsubscribing to this thread because it just hurts my eyes to see this amount of ignorance on the same place.

    Ciao!
    "People disagree with me, therefore they are ignorant."

    --WoWLogic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •