Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    If the match goes to the end of the time limit, whichever team has more players left alive should win. If both teams have the same number of players left, it should be a draw with neither team gaining or losing points.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizza the Hutt View Post
    If the match goes to the end of the time limit, whichever team has more players left alive should win. If both teams have the same number of players left, it should be a draw with neither team gaining or losing points.
    Exactly

    I just don't see the point in both teams losing equally much when one team has lost a player, or even two (3v3's)

    It's not difficult surviving in 1v2 situations as healer against 1 dps + 1 healer. It's rather common that the solo healer will be able to outlast them, but why? Out of spite is the only reason I can think of, and it's not like the solo healer will ever have a chance of actually killing someone else.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 03:12 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    You're asking for changes to be brought in to fix an issue where you cannot kill a healer that outgears you in an unbalanced bracket. If anything shouldn't this thread be about druid survivability (or the lack of offensive capabilities on your partner's class)?
    The same issue applies to equally geared players, just that for it's possible to get a kill but no near instant.

    Imagine the scenario of a 2v2 game where it's an even fight for ~20mins until team A finally lands a kill on team B's dps. Team B's healer can now survive for ~5mins solo making both teams lose equally many points. Should this even be possible? Team B has 0% chance of actually winning whereas Team A has already killed 50% of team B.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubs-go-home View Post
    Exactly

    I just don't see the point in both teams losing equally much when one team has lost a player, or even two (3v3's)

    It's not difficult surviving in 1v2 situations as healer against 1 dps + 1 healer. It's rather common that the solo healer will be able to outlast them, but why? Out of spite is the only reason I can think of, and it's not like the solo healer will ever have a chance of actually killing someone else.
    Going 1v2 is good practice maybe? Surviving vs a dps and a disc priest is surely hard work for even a skilled restodruid.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Someone is full of himself, thats for sure

    Unsubscribing to this thread because it just hurts my eyes to see this amount of ignorance on the same place.

    Ciao!
    You fail to understand the issue so no point in even having a discussion about it.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    If you can't 2v1 someone in 15 minutes, you deserve to lose. Sorry.
    There are seasons and comps where this is not true.

  6. #66
    I think draws shouldn't cost the loss of points or rating to either team. The worst it should do is maybe adjust MMR.

  7. #67
    Herald of the Titans b2121945's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    EUSSR
    Posts
    2,780
    You don't deserve to win if you can't kill someone 2v1.
    On the other hand, tanks should be banned from arenas.

  8. #68
    Over 9000! apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    9,158
    Quote Originally Posted by marv333 View Post
    the real issue is almost losing as DK/healer to priest/x , since unholy dk's are total beasts at blowing priests up
    My guess would be that your dk was frost
    You are correct, I am pushing him to go unholy....
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubs-go-home View Post
    Why?

    It's just sad

    I'm used to people waiting if you dc during a game. Now players (like you) annoy the other team so they just quit instead, why?
    I had nothing else to do, my partner had to go so after the mage stopped trying to kill me so I went afk. And I have won 1v2 before without people leaving, 2 baddly geared mages.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Not true. Nearly all classes (with help on CC from their healer) can kill a DPS while CC'ing the healer. Very few classes can 1v1 skilled healers.

    If you're not a Mage, DK, Warrior or Rogue - killing any healer who has a clue is nearly impossible (I'd probably even take Warrior off that list). Most classes lack the tools to kill healers completely solo, does that mean that they deserve to lose even though they outplayed the other team to get a kill on the DPS?

    Should a healer be able to run around pillars for 25 minutes just to spite the other team - when that person has already lost. All it does is make the other team lose rating as well.
    I do not think a loss should automatically just because someone dies, everyone should have to die. I do not like to give out simple easy free wins, you can cc me and easily kill my partner but can you kill me as easily? If I am going to lose, I am going to make sure those people work for their win.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  9. #69
    I am Murloc! Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    5,579
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Then the two players needs to play better next time to score a kill against the healer that is playing alone. There really isnt anything else to it.
    If you are two players and cant score a kill against ONE player (healer or dps doesnt matter) then you are not good enough at the game.

    There is nothing else to it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 12:55 PM ----------



    Except that you didnt outplay the druid at all since you failed to kill him 2v1

    Its mindblowing to see how bad players defend their poor gameplay...
    This is false. The Druid was outplayed when he quickly lost his DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Stupid! New things are always much better then the old things...
    New Star wars > old Star wars (crappy special effects anyone lol!)
    Justine Beiber > the beatles (shitty copycats music lol!)
    Twilligt > dracula, do I even need to comment loooool
    yea its probably nostalgia

  10. #70
    Herald of the Titans b2121945's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    EUSSR
    Posts
    2,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    This is false. The Druid was outplayed when he quickly lost his DPS.
    If I play as a healer and I know that the other team is really bad and they were just lucky with their kill, or if they play some retarded comp countering ours, I won't let them win, because they don't deserve that win. They can try to kill me, if they can't, they are obviously really bad.
    In around 8000 games on my main, I actually don't remember losing to another healer 2v1.
    BTW if you both connect with your retarded classes, blow cds, get lucky and kill someone, you don't outplay them. If you do, you can do the same few minutes later.

  11. #71
    Over 9000! apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    9,158
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    If I play as a healer and I know that the other team is really bad and they were just lucky with their kill, or if they play some retarded comp countering ours, I won't let them win, because they don't deserve that win. They can try to kill me, if they can't, they are obviously really bad.
    In around 8000 games on my main, I actually don't remember losing to another healer 2v1.
    BTW if you both connect with your retarded classes, blow cds, get lucky and kill someone, you don't outplay them. If you do, you can do the same few minutes later.
    For my comp, we counter a healer 2v1 very easily, as a monk I am able to put more pressure then a regular healer would be able to do and that is just enough to beat them.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    If I play as a healer and I know that the other team is really bad and they were just lucky with their kill, or if they play some retarded comp countering ours, I won't let them win, because they don't deserve that win. They can try to kill me, if they can't, they are obviously really bad.
    In around 8000 games on my main, I actually don't remember losing to another healer 2v1.
    BTW if you both connect with your retarded classes, blow cds, get lucky and kill someone, you don't outplay them. If you do, you can do the same few minutes later.
    Sounds like you're just a bitter pvp'er, you got outplayed as soon as your partner died. FOTM comp or not, you and your partner still got outplayed.

  13. #73
    Over 9000! apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    9,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranix View Post
    Sounds like you're just a bitter pvp'er, you got outplayed as soon as your partner died. FOTM comp or not, you and your partner still got outplayed.
    But yet a game is not lost until it is 1v0 or 2v0, not 2v1. And this mostly only happens in 2v2 arena, so this should not have to balanced because 2v2 is not balanced.

    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  14. #74
    I am Murloc! Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    5,579
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    If I play as a healer and I know that the other team is really bad and they were just lucky with their kill, or if they play some retarded comp countering ours, I won't let them win, because they don't deserve that win. They can try to kill me, if they can't, they are obviously really bad.
    In around 8000 games on my main, I actually don't remember losing to another healer 2v1.
    BTW if you both connect with your retarded classes, blow cds, get lucky and kill someone, you don't outplay them. If you do, you can do the same few minutes later.
    Something tells me they aren't that bad if they kill your DPS. It more literally means you are a bad healer for not CCing or keeping your dps alive.

    Again, the team with two should win, this thought process is reflected in many sprts and many other games. The single Druid didn't do a good job, and just running away shouldn't be rewarded in the slightest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Stupid! New things are always much better then the old things...
    New Star wars > old Star wars (crappy special effects anyone lol!)
    Justine Beiber > the beatles (shitty copycats music lol!)
    Twilligt > dracula, do I even need to comment loooool
    yea its probably nostalgia

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    But yet a game is not lost until it is 1v0 or 2v0, not 2v1. And this mostly only happens in 2v2 arena, so this should not have to balanced because 2v2 is not balanced.

    That's also orangemarmalade running arcane in early wrath when burst was at it's peak in this game, when wizards and rogues could global people quite easily given the right setup, so that doesn't apply to current seasons.

    Now don't get me wrong I've had my fair share of 1v2's and 2v3's, but I'm a dps, and just like Orangemarmalde have that miniscule chance to global people. A healer on the other hand has absolutely no chance whatsoever to win without his partner in a 1v2 scenario, so any further prolonging of the game at that point is just poor sportsmanship.

    Also keep in mind that in the video you linked (I really don't know why you linked it since both the time period and the circumstances have nothing to do with current discussion) is a 1v1, the chance that the healer can solo Orange is very real, now were orange's healer to be alive, the opposing healer would have no chance, that's just how game mechanics work.
    Last edited by Tranix; 2013-04-24 at 09:35 PM.

  16. #76
    Healers shouldn't even be allowed in 2v2. Blizzard has clearly stated they're balanced to deal with 2 dps hitting them so in 2v2, they're simply overpowered. People like 2v2, people play 2v2 at a high rate even now and blizz needs to stop using the cop out of "wahhhh game is balanced around 3v3".

    Never understood the shift in philosophy from rock/paper/scissors to team that gang rapes and has the most cc wins. They took the easy way out and the game has suffered in nearly every season because of it.

    There is nothing unfair about a limit on how long a healer can run around avoiding damage. Anyone that queues up double heals in 2v2 or triple heals in 3v3 should also be instantly booted.

  17. #77
    Over 9000! apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    9,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranix View Post
    That's also orangemarmalade running arcane in early wrath when burst was at it's peak in this game, when wizards and rogues could global people quite easily given the right setup, so that doesn't apply to current seasons.

    Now don't get me wrong I've had my fair share of 1v2's and 2v3's, but I'm a dps, and just like Orangemarmalde have that miniscule chance to global people. A healer on the other hand has absolutely no chance whatsoever to win without his partner in a 1v2 scenario, so any further prolonging of the game at that point is just poor sportsmanship.

    Also keep in mind that in the video you linked (I really don't know why you linked it since both the time period and the circumstances have nothing to do with current discussion) is a 1v1, the chance that the healer can solo Orange is very real, now were orange's healer to be alive, the opposing healer would have no chance, that's just how game mechanics work.
    I can beat 2v1 against 2 dps on my mistweaver somewhat easily depending on the players. I would show a screenshot of it but not on my computer right now, you underestimate me.

    I just linked that video because it is somewhat relevant and also kinda cool. But I disagree the time period period is imporant, it is more of the philosphy of pvp then the state of pvp right now, but I can see you arguement how him being a dpser is somewhat different then being a healer.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •