Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

1v2 in arenas - automatic loss after X mins?

So

was playing some 2v2 today and ended up meeting shadow priest + resto druid (for the fifth time)
    Compared to the earlier teams these guys could play alittle bit at least.

It took us about 30mins to finally land a kill the spriest(druid failed on keeping hots up 100%) and after that the druid kited us for the rest of the game making both teams lose points.

If there's going to be a draw at some point shouldn't the team that has lost 1 player get a loss and the other team a win?

This would not only prevent healers(druids) from pillar humping until the time is out, it would also make 2 healers in 2v2 impossible as well as 3 healer setups in 3v3.(The setups that only exist to annoy other people)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubs-go-home View Post
    So

was playing some 2v2 today and ended up meeting shadow priest + resto druid (for the fifth time)

It took us about 30mins to finally land a kill the spriest(druid failed on keeping hots up 100%) and after that the druid kited us for the rest of the game making both teams lose points.

If there's going to be a draw at some point shouldn't the team that has lost 1 player get a loss and the other team a win?

This would not only prevent healers(druids) from pillar humping until the time is out, it would also make 2 healers in 2v2 impossible as well as 3 healer setups in 3v3.(The setups that only exist to annoy other people)

lol if a restro druid can do that for another 15 minutes then it should be completely justified, come on... stop being salty and making threads that only benefits you when you want it to. that druid apparently kited 2 people and stayed alive with heals. what was your partner doing? what comp where u guys? what map? you did not play well if you cant 2v1 in 15m

Arenas now have a 25 min time limit (not 45 min anymore). It may have felt like 30 min to kill the priest but it wasnt

Sounds to me like you didn't deserve to win, so a draw seems fair enough.

Regardless, arenas are only 25 minutes now, so it isn't nearly as bad as you're making it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubs-go-home View Post
    So

I've had this happen a few times, at the end of the match it should just give the win to the team with the most people alive. What some people in this thread don't seem to understand a healer, especially a resto druid, should be able to kite around pillars all day without dieing. As stated many times in the past, you shouldn't be able to solo a competent healer. Adding in a healer on your side to throw out an additional cc which will most likely break on damage/DR with yours does not tip the scale in your favor.

To put it into perspective; In a random bg i was gearing up my mistweaver spec in full pve gear and could tank several dps on me until i oomed. Which took about 5-7 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post

Regardless, arenas are only 25 minutes now, so it isn't nearly as bad as you're making it out to be.
    It's not a draw, it's both teams taking a loss. I agree a draw is fair (no net change), but it's not

I agree with the OP. I find it ridiculous that the scenario mentioned can happen. It makes for boring gameplay thats for sure. In many sports if you just run and your opponent chases, you will be deducted points, or given fouls of some sort. This should reflect that. Also, in many deathmatch style games, whoever has the most kill and least deaths wins.

Some of you might say the Druid is just being crafty, and while thats true, he isn't trying to win, just stall out to a team that has preformed better.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed 100%. Also would possibly like to see a stacking Debuff after 12/15 Minutes where all Players get a 10% Debuff to Healing and Movement Speed. To be honest I'd also like to see an Arena that was quite simply flat and without pillars. Mounted healers, Shaman, Monks and Druids love to ferociously hump pillars too much, and my experience in two's is being slowed by a Death Knight whilst his friend runs mounted around a Pillar for five minutes, stroking in tenderly.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

If you can't 2v1 someone in 15 minutes, you deserve to lose. Sorry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    I agree, I had my dk die right at the beining of the pvp match because a mage/priest cc is just insane so I basically kited the mage until they just gave up. The priest left then I killed the mage...well almost killed him, he left the match.

Just give me all your rage, I can take it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Depending on the setup the same can happen to you with a bllod dk. While he mostly didnt have a chance to kill you for 15min he just keeps being annyoing. And yeah healers like to do that too. Its just a sign of weakness when the only purpose in staying in an arena is to piss others off, cause you apparetnly have more time then the other person and you waste his time while they maybe try just to get their cap besides work and family. Its children behaviour. "some1 has been bad to me now ill be mean to you, crycry"

just blow him a kiss and leave

On the other side, besides once in cata where we go stuck on a blood dk with feral/rogue we always kiled the last person sooner or later.
    Last edited by PPN; 2013-04-23 at 06:15 AM.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    As an enhance healer, i do have hard time to finish of the healer if he keep insisting on playing on
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Agreed 100%. Also would possibly like to see a stacking Debuff after 12/15 Minutes where all Players get a 10% Debuff to Healing and Movement Speed. To be honest I'd also like to see an Arena that was quite simply flat and without pillars. Mounted healers, Shaman, Monks and Druids love to ferociously hump pillars too much, and my experience in two's is being slowed by a Death Knight whilst his friend runs mounted around a Pillar for five minutes, stroking in tenderly.
    10% movement speed would be rather stupid, faster classes will still be faster so that wouldn't solve anything. I'd say 10% damage taken increased AND 10% healing reduction.

Not true. Nearly all classes (with help on CC from their healer) can kill a DPS while CC'ing the healer. Very few classes can 1v1 skilled healers.

If you're not a Mage, DK, Warrior or Rogue - killing any healer who has a clue is nearly impossible (I'd probably even take Warrior off that list). Most classes lack the tools to kill healers completely solo, does that mean that they deserve to lose even though they outplayed the other team to get a kill on the DPS?

Should a healer be able to run around pillars for 25 minutes just to spite the other team - when that person has already lost. All it does is make the other team lose rating as well.

Deleted

We both lack gear compared to our opponents and decently played druids are simply unkillable for us even in 1v2 situations. The only way we can beat druid teams is if we get a good cc chain off and kill his dps. (playing against opponents with 10-15 ilvl higher than us)

Both of us have experience playing at 2,5k+ ratings but as said - we lack gear.

Wouldn't it make sense that the team with 1 player dead should get a loss and the other a win? this way there's no reason for someone to try to survive in any 1v2 situations until the match reaches an automatic draw. And even if they do, it's still a loss for them and win for the other team.

(Regarding the time. I thought the time limit was 45mins as before and it took at least double the time to kill the priest compared to druid so went with 30mins. I hear now its 25mins so I'm guessing it took 15-20minsmins to kill the priest and another 5-10 to try to kill the druid. Does not really matter anyway, the point I'm trying to make it still valid)
    Last edited by mmoc0d27938a22; 2013-04-23 at 10:52 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I also think you should earn MORE points if you lose a team member early on and still then go on to win! back in TBC I rolled R.Dru(me), Frost mage, SL/SL lock. came up against the ever popular warrior, retadin, R.Sham (pre-WF totem nerf) and they pretty much globaled our lock, but me and the mage then managed to completely out play them once their CD's were up and we won - clearly worth more points than just a win ¬__¬

Didn't realise that a draw counted as a loss for both sides? i guess if the MMR isn't exactly the same one team will gain a small amount while the other loses a small amount, but not the amounts gained/lost for a win/loss etc?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I agree, I had my dk die right at the beining of the pvp match because a mage/priest cc is just insane so I basically kited the mage until they just gave up. The priest left then I killed the mage...well almost killed him, he left the match.

Just give me all your rage, I can take it.
    Why?

It's just sad

I'm used to people waiting if you dc during a game. Now players (like you) annoy the other team so they just quit instead, why?

It is quite stupid, especially when some healers (looking at you mistweavers) can kill your team after killing his partner, if you don't have a sufficient amount of self healing, like rogues or hunters that dont run with spirit bond.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    I also think you should earn MORE points if you lose a team member early on and still then go on to win! back in TBC I rolled R.Dru(me), Frost mage, SL/SL lock. came up against the ever popular warrior, retadin, R.Sham (pre-WF totem nerf) and they pretty much globaled our lock, but me and the mage then managed to completely out play them once their CD's were up and we won - clearly worth more points than just a win ¬__¬

Didn't realise that a draw counted as a loss for both sides? i guess if the MMR isn't exactly the same one team will gain a small amount while the other loses a small amount, but not the amounts gained/lost for a win/loss etc?

If it's a draw both teams lose 12 points. Has happend to us more than once and it's the same everytime

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 11:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post

How did we not deserve to win?

We killed one of their players and they never even got one of us below 50%.

Yet we can't kill the druid because of pillar humping and us lacking gear. (And maybe druid being abit op with so many hots, but lets leave that out of this discussion).

Also like someone wrote above. Competent healers are not killable 1v1 and having a healer help on dps makes it a tiny bit easier but it's by no means an easy kill.
    Last edited by mmoc0d27938a22; 2013-04-23 at 11:05 AM.

Deleted
    There gotta do some fix on this. I have been PvE guy, but now too busy to raid, so I started PvP on my kittycat.

I've ended up to fight on draw (lose) with dps warrior few times. It's ok, but it's always when I am doing points with some low-geared healer, and he/she dies instantly, it's still ok, BUT on 3 times when I have been 1v1 with warrior to draw I've had 9wins in row, and yeh, still missing Hot Streak achievement. And that really pisses me off... this all could be fixed by deleting dk's, lock's and warriors from game, or just somehow balancing 2nd wing.

Would be better if warriors would heal half of that heal, but when warrior is under 50% of health, cos then I could kill him with not popping ALL DMG Cd's and nuking with epic shizzle ravages and dots etc.

-NERF 2ND Wing-