Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

quick survey regrding your toons name and why!!

Hey guys I'm doing a survey for my class regarding the relation between someones toon and themselves! if you could just answer these questions it woul really help me out!! thanks!

1. What is your main character's name?
    2. what is their class and race
    3. Why did you choose this name?
    4. does your name affect how you play the game and interact with others?
    5. any other info you think would be helpful!

thanks so much everyone!!

1. Bethayne
    2. Human Warlock
    3. I wanted a name from Legion of Everblight that was easily shortened (http://privateerpress.com/hordes/gal...-and-belphegor).
    4. It doesn't affect how I play the game, but as a feminine name I suspect it affects other peoples view of me.
    5. Bethayne always has Belphagor, her pet with her. They share everything. Playing as a pet class it was the obvious choice.

1. Kreepsho
    2. Panda Monk
    3. Right before MoP came out I watched Creepshow, the old Stephen King movie. (Spoiler)Really liked it, and the "Creepshow" story/monster that was under the stairs which the man leads his wife into to be killed ><
    4. Not at all, I don't RP at all. Oddly on an RP server, damn IRL friend
    5. Only changed the spelling because I didn't want to copy it straight. And the "sho" part seemed to fit the class better I guess

1. Xerala
    2. Draenei Death Knight
    3. Hit the randomize button until I saw a name I liked.
    4. Not really. I do RP on her, but the name isn't brought up there. The worst is people mangling it in vent. :P
    5. None

1. Ifeanychukwu
    2. Night Elf Druid
    3. It's a name I've been using for practically everything for years.
    4. I don't know... I like listening to people butcher my name in vent while trying to pronounce it.
    5. Not really.

I also have a paladin who was my main up until Cata named Elistan. I get whispers all the time asking if it's from the Dragon Lance books. It's not, I came up with it on my own. Literally sat at the character creation screen for 30 minutes trying to think of a good name haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Sunnyorange
    2. Troll Mage
    3. I combined the two names of my favorite fruit juices, Stormy Orange and Sunny Clementine
    4. Nope

Deleted
    1 Staffreak
    2 Goblin Warlock
    3 I named my Sorc in D2 STaFFReaK, for some reason. And i kinda just like it. (First WoW char was a Warr named Swordfreak)
    4 Not really. I generally tho want a staff instead of MH/OH to justify my name.
    5 All my plethoria of alts have a "freak" in their name. Except my main alt which is named Preaks (priest). Really hate it tho. Holyfreak was taken, and my paladin is named Shieldfreak.

Cozzene
    Orc Hunter
    It was the first race horse name I thought of
    "Cozz" does make her sound snotty, and I can be pretty arrogant
    Cozzene was a stallion - head up, look of the eagles, proud - just like how I feel when I play her.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Goldscar
    2. Goblin Mage
    3. I wanted something that fits the lore, easy to remember and somewhat unique. Goblins love gold and I have a fair few scars on my body. I like to keep a name as simple as possible and only use two words.
    4. Yes. I like a name that is somewhat easy for others to remember.
    5. The only drawback to this name is when people are referring to in game gold... My ears perk up.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Kyamoon
    2. Human Warrior
    3. I'm Japanese, my nickname is Kya and my middle name is Moon
    4. Yes. It's something I use for anything gaming.
    5. I use any names with 'light' 'moon' 'star' 'sun' etc
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

1. Angusshaman
    2. (now) Panda shaman.
    3. Started as a tauren, and my name is Angus. Also playing of the fact that Angus is a type of beef.
    4 Nope.
    5. Also didn't think i'd ever take the toon seriously so i didn't bother coming up with a decent name.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solluth View Post
    Hey guys I'm doing a survey for my class regarding the relation between someones toon and themselves! if you could just answer these questions it woul really help me out!! thanks!

1. What is your main character's name?
    2. what is their class and race
    3. Why did you choose this name?
    4. does your name affect how you play the game and interact with others?
    5. any other info you think would be helpful!

thanks so much everyone!!
    1. Obeah
    2. Blood Elf Mage
    3. Chose the name because of Godsmack's "Voodoo" song. Voodoo = Black Magic = Obeah = Mage
    4. It does, but describing precisely how in words alone isn't enough.
    5. Mage, the ONLY way to travel

#FlightIsImportant

1. Mirgi
    2. Worgen Druid (was Night Elf & will probably go back once new models are released)
    3. My first toon in any RPG is always a hunter/ranger type class and always the same name, Mirgyn. I chose the name for no real reason, I always tried to make up names fitting to the type of game I play, but for some reason this one has stuck. All of my toons follow the same naming style, with all toons having 'Mirg' as the first 4 letters in their name.
    4. Definitely effects how I play, as since all my toons are name almost the same it is easy to tell it's one of my toons.
    5. Nothing worth mentioning.

1. Sinnocence
    2. Blood Elf Priest
    3. I liked how it sounded and felt like it was fitting for a priest.. Holy and pure yet can wield dark shadow magic.
    4. I don't believe so, or haven't noticed it anyhow.
    5. N/A
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Hazeonix
    2. Pandaren Shaman
    3. Had a GM named Hazeon when I first started playing. Thought it was cool. Probably going to change the name again though.
    4. Hardly.
    5. I've got zip for this part, sorry.

1. Kavoo
    2. Hunter, Troll
    3. Short from Kavookavalah (his original name), named after a song (means rougly Grave Digger in portuguese)
    4. Nowadays I dont think so but I had to rename him since Americans (I was originally from Gurubashi-US) are incapable of typing it correctly thus making group invites/whispers hard
    5. I like the whole troll persona thing when Im playing him

1. Aentreri
    2. Undead Priest
    3. Artemis Entreri from a book
    4. nope
    5. hes more of a rogue in the book but all my characters with those names are different "classes" then the book

1. Xtalmeth
    2. Tauren Druid
    3. I work with electronics and the term (XTAL) means Crystal when talking about weapon system radars. The (METH) is there to see if anybody knows what XTAL stands for in game. I've only had one person whisper me who knows. :-)
    4. No it does not. I play the game and how the game community was back in Vanilla when I enjoyed the game more.
    5. Do you think it is common people use the first part of their name in other toons to give association to their other toons?
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

1. Thorfisnson
    2. Paladin - Alliance (Never used to have to say that last bit damn ghey elves)
    3. Character from my D&D days
    4. Wut?
    5. Don't eat yellow snow.

1. Zafire
    2. Human Rogue
    3. Zafire is the name I choose for my main in every game. I usually always play a stealth/assassin/ninja, so my mains don't change.
    4. I suppose, everybody calls me "Zaf" in game and on vent.
    5. I always play Humans and try to craft them to look somewhat like myself.