Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Holy] Legendary meta gem

Gonna apologize in advance for ranting here, but I'm sure there's more people who feel the same.

So at first I was happy I upgraded my normal T14 helm to 504, thinking the legendary meta gem would fit in it. Apparently the tooltip is wrong, you need to have an actual Throne of the Thunder helm to use it.

I guess holy paladins will need to wait until 5.3 to use the gem, such a giant slap in the face if you ask me.... :S Really can't see why it wouldn't be allowed in any other PvE item.

/rant over

Edit: apparently it does work on the heroic version of the T14 helm, but yeah good luck convincing my guild to go back and do sha of fear heroic.
    Last edited by mmoc2f3989ad45; 2013-04-22 at 11:05 PM.

Temporary fix, but you could consider getting the LFR pants from Amber Shaper and using a 522 head instead so you could use the gem for now till 5.3

The helm from Normal Elite protectors works just fine.

I believe it's anything with a natural ilvl of over 500, as our boomkin is using it in an offpiece Heroic 502 ilvl helm.

Deleted
    Yeah, pretty shit you miss a grand total of 6 item levels if you got a 496 helm. Our druid tank has the same problem right now, still stuck with his old tier helm, and the T15 one didn't drop again this week.
    Thanks for the suggestion for the LFR tier legs btw, I'll try to get them. Suppose the stat loss would be worth giving up to use the gem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariathe View Post
    Yeah, pretty shit you miss a grand total of 6 item levels if you got a 496 helm. Our druid tank has the same problem right now, still stuck with his old tier helm, and the T15 one didn't drop again this week.
    Thanks for the suggestion for the LFR tier legs btw, I'll try to get them. Suppose the stat loss would be worth giving up to use the gem.
    I have the same problem. I put in a ticket and the gm told me it was intended because they didn't want it being used in normal t14 gear. I agree it is dumb because we paid for the extra ilvls in the gear and it should count. Hopefully I will get the heroic helm off of jikun or t15 helm, so I can reequip my tier chest until patch(currently using heroic jinrokh chest).

Quote Originally Posted by Serani View Post
    I believe it's anything with a natural ilvl of over 500, as our boomkin is using it in an offpiece Heroic 502 ilvl helm.
    502 or over.

Just out of curiosity, what do holy paladins do in the proc window? FoL your Beacon target for free holy power? (assuming there's no other healing that needs to be done.)

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what do holy paladins do in the proc window? FoL your Beacon target for free holy power? (assuming there's no other healing that needs to be done.)
    Anything to cap out on Holy Power, you can only get 2 spells & a Holy Shock off no matter what you cast so it doesn't matter a huge amount what you cast

10+ Year Old Account
    Another note, the gm told me this is something they have slotted to change in 5.4. I guess we will be able to use the meta in upgraded normal t14 gear then. Because it will matter then, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Anything to cap out on Holy Power, you can only get 2 spells & a Holy Shock off no matter what you cast so it doesn't matter a huge amount what you cast
    I love it when I'm right ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Another note, the gm told me this is something they have slotted to change in 5.4. I guess we will be able to use the meta in upgraded normal t14 gear then. Because it will matter then, lol.
    I'm not an expert, but I think he may have been trolling you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    I'm not an expert, but I think he may have been trolling you
    Possibly, though there was really no need considering I didn't really talk other than to clarify it was my 504 holy helm and not the 483 ret helm I was currently wearing(was doing dailies) when he asked and then asking him to clarify what normal mode t14 gear because he first said the meta wasn't supposed to be used in normal mode gear at all, just heroic. Other than that I just let him talk and said he gave me the information I needed and ended the conversation with no argument or stating of my opinion on the subject. It is possible he very didn't know what he was talking about.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-04-23 at 03:05 PM.

Started using this gem last night.

3 procs in a 4 min Animus fight. Wheeeee I love RNG. LOL

I'm still up in the air about this gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdell View Post
    Started using this gem last night.

I'm still up in the air about this gem.
    I was on the fence about the gem as well. After tracking the proc on this, let me tell you - IT'S AMAZING.
    It also seems to proc right away in the beginning of a fight, so get ready to flash heal the tank 2x's and holy shock. You'll have such a large absorb plus full HP!
    I've also seen it proc off of the free spell. The best I've had is 5 flash of lights plus a HS - IN A ROW -for free. That's about 120k mana of free spells. That's more than 1/3 of our mana for free...it's crazy good.
    Here's how I tracked it:
    I created a tell me when to make an audio/show and an icon/shake when the trinket procs.
    To create the weak aura or tell me when button, make sure to use the spellID, which is called clearcasting (spellID: 137331). They're changing the buff name to Lucidity in 5.3 since it has the same spellname as clearcasting (druid ability). The spellID should stay the same (should...)
    Last edited by mcbubble; 2013-04-23 at 09:49 PM.

I don't even have FoL on my bar. If the playstyle with this gem is going to be SPAM FOL QUICKLY I can't see me enjoying it much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    I don't even have FoL on my bar. If the playstyle with this gem is going to be SPAM FOL QUICKLY I can't see me enjoying it much.
    It's not a 'spam fol quickly' tool. It's a huge mana saver when it procs. You can continue casting whatever your'e casting if you would like.
    It's really nice with infusion procs

Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    It's not a 'spam fol quickly' tool. It's a huge mana saver when it procs. You can continue casting whatever your'e casting if you would like.
    It's really nice with infusion procs
    5% uptime tonight. I'm not a math guy so I can't put that into savings, but yes I am liking how it's working out....so far.

5% uptime tonight. I'm not a math guy so I can't put that into savings, but yes I am liking how it's working out....so far.
    http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/lmgeffective/

Tracks the proc and then the cost of spells cast during the proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybnext View Post
    http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/lmgeffective/

Tracks the proc and then the cost of spells cast during the proc.
    There's an addon for everything now.

LOL

Deleted
    You only had 3 proc, with 3 proc you could have save 120 k mana in 4mn without really trying to maximize it, so yeah that's amazing