Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I always solo'd this as arcane or fire at 85, due to the fact that I would have MC problems as frost. Not sure if they've fixed it, but you can run out of the room right after starting the encounter, and run to the beginning of the instance. Then, you can kill the four advisors one by one at separate spots in the raid as you slowly work your way back to kael's room. That way, once phase 3 comes, you only have to fight one advisor at a time again!

Here's an old video of me doing this as arcane in Cata:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LlVE2o2Af8

It's a boring video, but you can see how I managed the adds at 85. I do indeed use the staff to protect me from disorients and remote toy stuns, but I make sure I swap to my real DPS weapon for nuking. A lot's changed since cata talent trees, but you can more-or-less follow the same strategy.
    Last edited by LET JIMMY RAID; 2013-04-25 at 07:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    How odd. He's MCed me with the elemental before. I wonder if it was changed recently?
    I've been solo killing him close to every week since I dinged 90 and he has not MC'ed me a single time with the elemental out. He MC'ed me on my warlock with the pet out, though.
    I also don't think its related to my mage doing more dps, since the MC came quite fast on my warlock.

I spec cold snap, iw and frostbomb. It's entirely easy. Just make sure you equip and use the staff and your pet is out. When KT comes out pop everything including mirror images. He will likely MC you; this is when I iceblock and cold snap to have it again just incase (I think I've only needed it once when I forgot to pop CDs & TW).

I solo this on 3 toons a week, one being a frost mage, although mine is 90 and around 480ish ilvl, which makes this worlds easier than being level 88.

- Use the staff for the third phase (all councilers up) else you stay perma-CCed
    - Water ele can be out and will not get MCed (or get you MCed)...I think I did keep the staff on with it's on use active, though.
    - Rune of Power would be nice for this fight, but you aren't 90, so I would glyph evo and use it as a manner of healing, just in case. Cold Snap and Ice Barrier also work nicely
    - Use CDs for third phase, IMO, since it is the one most likely to kill you.

Hope these bits help!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    I solo this on 3 toons a week, one being a frost mage, although mine is 90 and around 480ish ilvl, which makes this worlds easier than being level 88.

- Use the staff for the third phase (all councilers up) else you stay perma-CCed
    - Water ele can be out and will not get MCed (or get you MCed)...I think I did keep the staff on with it's on use active, though.
    - Rune of Power would be nice for this fight, but you aren't 90, so I would glyph evo and use it as a manner of healing, just in case. Cold Snap and Ice Barrier also work nicely
    - Use CDs for third phase, IMO, since it is the one most likely to kill you.

Hope these bits help!
    Thanks for the suggestions. I decided to wait until I was 90 and try it again. I just dinged 90 last night, so once I have a few more pieces of heroic gear/470+, I'm going to try it and see how things go.

kael doesn't MC the tank. if you are tanking him, he'll not MC you. if for some weird reason your water elemental has more threat than you somehow, than he'll MC you.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    I've done him a few times and never experienced a mc with my water elemental out, the first try I did however I used MIrror Images (Stupid me) I learned my lesson. Personally I use Frozen Orb versus all the weapons and using Frost Bomb or NT as well (Depends on how I'm specced when I enter) doesn't give big problems with ice barrier and are quickly done as Frozen orb triggers a few Ice Lances. Next phase the wait time between killing weapons and to all champions to be ressed is long enough for Frozen Orb to wear off (Mostly) I pop Mirror Images and Frozen Orb, Ice Lance. I also pop Time Warp here just in case and manage to down atleast one or two of them before Mirror Images are dead. Then the last two is just normal kill (Remember to use the staff) then when I encounter KT it's tank and spank. Ice barrier, I counterspell as well and uses Cold Snap if I reach 50% before he does and then it's just easy kill

Don't equip the staff and then click for the buff then remove the staff. That doesn't work. I found this out the hard way. Durr.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if you did or not, but for the record:

Spread teh adds among the whole dungeon. Get the first to the very entrance of TK and like that till the entrance of Kael's room. That way you'll kill them one by one. I encourage you to start with the engineer and then the mage, because you wont be able to kill them all just one by one, they'll end up grouping up, so you want the most dangerous down and under control asap.

Then go for Kael. You'll need to kill the eggs but it will be ok, just a matter of time.

You don't need to do that anymore, if anything you can kill them in the four corners of the room and kill them pretty fast before they all group up on you. You only needed the throughout the dungeon shenanigans at lower levels. Hell, if anything it's almost easier to group them up and Orb them all at once for FoF procs and blow them up with NT or FB.