View Poll Results: What do you think of the changes?

Voters
186. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would never use the LFR tool if this happened.

82 44.09%
  • I agree with the changes here.

14 7.53%
  • It wouldn't change anything. These are pointless.

65 34.95%
  • Someone get these changes to Blizzard, they're awesome!

9 4.84%
  • Lol, people still use LFR?

16 8.60%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelock789 View Post
    Blizzard did that in an attempt (perhaps misguided) to foster some sort of community around brawling. If it was instanced it would just be another isolating queue system. This way you can watch other people, maybe offer some help or get ideas watching their strats. Sure, you could just tab out and go to youtube to look up how to do each boss - and nothing stops you from doing that while you wait your turn. I understand that you just want to burn through the fights but they wanted to keep at least some things in the world.

And several thousand gold? Maybe for the month or so after they launched. Nowadays on Dragonblight they're down to a few hundred. And you can also farm the faction rare spawns in Krasarang for an invite.
    You can't keep catering to the lazy players and then try to instill a sense of community in them. All that does is creates frustration because they have to wait or have to work together.

It was more than not fun - it sucked. I remember grinding steamvaults to get exalted with CE for my Earthwarden on my druid. I also remember having to class stack for CC in heroics, which also sucked. Though it is weird that now, when almost every class has some CC, they're almost never used. *shrug* And attunements were a nightmare for raiding guilds making the jump from T5 to T6. It made recruiting miserable, burned raid nights - not to mention people that would use you to to get attuned and then jump ship for a more progressed guild.
    Actually guild recruiting wasn't too bad, but maybe it was different for other servers than Illidan. There was no way any one jumped ship without having the experience and gear to progress on our server, plus we knew all the guild hoppers because there was a better sense of community back then.

Sucked? Or was the most fun expansion you ever played? I like to think it was both...

So I hallucinated all those people on Isle of Thunder doing dailies with me? Good to know, I'll go get my meds checked.

Meh, I already responded to your claims that people would get better - no sense retreading that ground. The current progression model has problems, but I think the ones in the old model were worse. If you really don't want to deal with stupid/bad people, make some friends or join a guild. Or stop doing LFR.
    ...Did I say not a single person was doing dailies? No, I did not. I said the participation rates were horribly low because people are disgustingly lazy and don't want to put any effort in to get access to their loot pinata. Blizzard has been encouraging this kind of behavior for far too long and it needs to change.

The only people saying "you'd lose subscriptions" are those lazy people. Hardly anyone would leave, where are they going to go? Guild Wars 2? SWTOR? Path of Exile? They're fun and all, but they aren't going to keep the attention span of someone who's use to getting everything without effort for very long.

I got a few loots from the LFR and now I need a few upgrade here in there on the 4 ToT section

I need to queue 45 minutes each section, and If I pass one of the boss I want, then I have to re-queu 30-45 minutes.

Even if they made some rules or other shit, I don't care.

There's no more motivation for me for doing LFR

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    I got a few loots from the LFR and now I need a few upgrade here in there on the 4 ToT section

I need to queue 45 minutes each section, and If I pass one of the boss I want, then I have to re-queu 30-45 minutes.

Even if they made some rules or other shit, I don't care.

There's no more motivation for me for doing LFR
    What about motivation to obtaining the gear you badly want?

Just no. People that are new may not even have recount installed or anything similar. No one is going to change their game to your standards. And I say that even if the one thing I hate is slackers.

Pokemon X FC: 1435-4739-8696 Trainer Name: Evershade

Lol.

If LFR was as the OP described then the loot would have to be on par or better than normal raid loot since if LFR was of the same difficulty but with random people then people would deserve the same loot.

Only thing that has merit imo is giving increased chance of loot to people who meet specific objectives. Every raid boss could have 2-3 objectives (which could perhaps change depending on class role). If you met them all (like with the new heroic dungeons) you could get an extra bag. They should not be ultrahard ofc nor could they relate only to random target abilities since you might simply never be targeted.
    E.g. on Jin'Rokh if you take more than a single tick of damage from electrified waters would be an objective for all players. For tanks the objective could be if the other tank takes more than three hits while affected by static wound and for everyone else if fluidity had a less than 60% uptime on them.

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    What about motivation to obtaining the gear you badly want?
    I'm not motivated because it take too long to complete a freaking LFR section, and I swear the other day I waited 41 minutes.
    Baddies or afker are not my main concern

You know, some people want a reward for good behavior in LFR to keep the motivation.

I just want want a 10 minutes queue time wait to keep my motivation

and to deal with the afker, just kick them no need to have a shitload of quest trial for welfare epics LFR loot just because 5% of the people are assholes
    Last edited by Phuongvi; 2013-04-27 at 07:06 AM.