Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're one of those people who thinks anyone around them speaking another language is talking behind their back or insulting them, it's probably best they just never go anywhere people speak other languages.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    So... what is it?
    Something along the lines of "I am..." or "you are..." I only know because of how much SC2 I've watched, and they say it often enough that I asked that question myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    If you're one of those people who thinks anyone around them speaking another language is talking behind their back or insulting them, it's probably best they just never go anywhere people speak other languages.
    ive known people like this. they only spoke english and would be on the verge of a full blown rage whenever spanish speakers would be conversing near them. and the reason was always "i dont know if the motherfuckers are talking about me!" and im like "why would you think they are talking about you?!?"
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    ive known people like this. they only spoke english and would be on the verge of a full blown rage whenever spanish speakers would be conversing near them. and the reason was always "i dont know if the motherfuckers are talking about me!" and im like "why would you think they are talking about you?!?"
    I've known people like that too. What's worse, I've encountered in on a seismic crew among coworkers. It's a bit embarrassing when they're Americans, making my whole country look bad. Of course I speak Spanish, so I can explain to them that they aren't saying anything bad about them and that they're the ones who are acting like assholes. Doesn't always help.

Deleted
    Is it just me that treats these kind of videos with some skepticism? So much about this video feels "off", most notably the fact he is in SK in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Is it just me that treats these kind of videos with some skepticism? So much about this video feels "off", most notably the fact he is in SK in the first place.
    Travel may attract more open minded people, but it isn't limited to them.

Clearly he wasn't there to learn the language. If it means "I am..." or "You are..." it would seem like one of those words you pick up very shortly after arriving. <_<

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Ughh even tho I'm black this is why I tend to avoid the majority of them. Sadly this attitude seen here can be seen in a lot of them. I'm not saying all, but you should see how the N word gets black people going these days.
    "I'm black and I avoid blacks because they're ignorant" is what you're basically saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    Clearly he wasn't there to learn the language. If it means "I am..." or "You are..." it would seem like one of those words you pick up very shortly after arriving. <_<
    Maybe he was teaching an advanced class in English, so he didn't need Korean, I don't know.

also @ Reeve - Yeah, I figured he'd be on those Teaching English as a Foreign Language programs, but I'm still amazed that after an interview he'd get the job. Ah well...shit happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    Thug lyfe yo. These rocks dont lie, son.
    He isnt a thug, he is part of our education system, has a degree and teaches english.

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    So... what is it?
    If it was "nigga" i believe its used the same as 'you are, directed at the listener' if it was "ni -ga" i think its 'because/so' but if its "nikka" then its just a formal/honorific way of ending a sentance... id imagine like 'sir'

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    He isnt a thug, he is part of our education system, has a degree and teaches english.
    And punches old ladies on a bus for absolutely no discernible reason.

Not related but my African friend who speaks Mandarin was in a chinese restaurant and they were saying racist things about him then he just started talking in Mandarin.

care to explain?

I don't doubt or feel ''offended'' by what you're saying (I'm not even American) just interested in what you mean with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    And punches old ladies on a bus for absolutely no discernible reason.
    I don't think he actually hit her. He just feinted at her aggressively. It's still assault, just not battery.

I don't think he actually hit her. He just feinted at her aggressively. It's still assault, just not battery.
    Well, he did at least hit the guy beside her a few times that I can see. And he put hands on the woman at one point. It's hard to tell from the video if any of his strikes hit her, but I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I am reminded of a Louis CK moment...

Don't watch if you have no sense of humor/prefer talking about unicorns/are at work/using speakers/within earshot of anyone else who may fall into the earlier categories of being homorless jackwagons...

NSFW blah blah blah...hopefully I've given enough warnings and whatever to avoid mod-rape.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't mean he isn't a thug.

What did I just watch lol.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    They're not used with shitheaded non-starcraft playing immigrants living among them and ruining their society. Everything was fine until this loud mouthed entitled asshole came along.

That sounds like a stupid idea. What if he had a knife? Are you used to risking your life for pussy?
    Actually, before the "violence is wrong movement" started, beating someone up was pretty much the way to handle things. But thanks to years of indoctrition in school systems everyone lost their guts in the states at least. Knifes, guns did not matter then.