Poll: How many chars do you actively play?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question How many chars do you actively play?

Hi,

How many characters do you actively play? NOT: How many chars do you have.

I saw some guy posting a list of all his characters in the "How many chars of the same class do you have" and got curious.
    So, how many chars do you actively play that is to say how many chars do you log on during an average week and play with and how come?
    I mean it's not just a matter of time but also motivation. To those that do play lots of chars what is your motivation to do so and how well are they equipped? Do you aim to have them all at max level eventually?

Personally, I play no more than 3 chars. I created a lot more but I never play more than 3 at once. 2 mains (rogue,priest) and one alt (rogue). Sometimes when all of them are at or near the (for me) attainable BiS gear I create some twink to have a different experience but I rarely play them over 40 and always end up deleting them. I have a hard time imagining how one could really play say more than 10 chars and have fun. (the only exception might be if you have lots of twinked lower level chars for different pvp brackets).

p.s.: I hope the poll will show up. If it doesn't maybe a moderator could help with that.

During an average week, only 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a couple, i'm not an altaholic like most of the posters I come across... "I have 7 85s i'm actively trying to get to 90!" why....just why....

My main and then I have a few alts. Though I don't really play them a lot. I don't think I've even stepped foot into a LFR with my alts in well over a month. I just don't honestly see the point. I'm not going to be doing normal raiding with either of them, so why bother. I'm not going to sit there and wait and do lfr as the queue times as dps are absurd. I'm sure I'll jump into the new raid eventually, but for now, I just focus on my main.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Practically 5 of 6. Get Arena Cap on these five, and often do Random BGs on most of them, and maybe some other stuff on four of them (Lock, Rogue, Warrior and Pala). Don't care much about my Priest and messing with moar alts ofc. Unfortunately Real Life and University Deadlines have kicked in, which means a break, after which I don't plan to play my Priest really at all, and maybe not one or two of the others. More interested in sorting out Server Transfers when I get back for my Horde Characters then deciding what to actively focus on the most.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yutani View Post
    Hi,

How many characters do you actively play? NOT: How many chars do you have.

I saw some guy posting a list of all his characters in the "How many chars of the same class do you have" and got curious.
    So, how many chars do you actively play that is to say how many chars do you log on during an average week and play with and how come?
    I mean it's not just a matter of time but also motivation. To those that do play lots of chars what is your motivation to do so and how well are they equipped? Do you aim to have them all at max level eventually?

Personally, I play no more than 3 chars. I created a lot more but I never play more than 3 at once. 2 mains (rogue,priest) and one alt (rogue). Sometimes when all of them are at or near the (for me) attainable BiS gear I create some twink to have a different experience but I rarely play them over 40 and always end up deleting them. I have a hard time imagining how one could really play say more than 10 chars and have fun. (the only exception might be if you have lots of twinked lower level chars for different pvp brackets).

p.s.: I hope the poll will show up. If it doesn't maybe a moderator could help with that.
    I valor cap 5 per week...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Can't play more than one simply cause the game don't want me to, building a char is a bore on early 90 and it needs too much investment to play a char actively (I say that, but i'm playing around 8-10 hours per day)

One at a time, usually. Get one to max level, gear him to a point that I'm happy with him, then repeat for the next. Whenever I take an interest in PvP, I might play 2 characters, as I don't really PvP with all my toons so if I'm leveling one and decide to PvP, I'd most likely switch to my DK.

Deleted
    Yes, because everyone in the world either plays WoW or plays Hello Kitty Island Adventure. Fix the poll.
    OT: Don't play ofc

i play one character actively and will randomly log onto others and do a lfd/lfr which i often don't complete.

BC, LK, Cata I played 3 max level toons and about 3-4 lower level characters either leveling or twink BGs. Since returning to Pandaland and hitting level cap a few months ago, I only have 1 max level toon and one toon that has gained 2 levels via pet battles but that toon is still sub lv 70. While I do not play the same amount of hours as I did back then, the shear amount of "work" needing to be done to keep my main maximizing valor/conq/raiding and such every week is a full time gig at the moment. I'm hoping I'll have more time to do other things when this marathon of rep grinding has ended and the only dailies needing to be done are whatever the latest patch faction is.

I really enjoyed LK and Cata because I was able to raid on three toons, leveling didn't take as long and catching up was much easier and didn't require months of dailies to do so. I'm hopeful that they will change the past tier valor gear to justice points like they used to or reintroduce scenarios/heroics with epic level gear that is below raid level. At this point in time I'm terribly frustrated with my main toon but the thought of doing all that over on 2nd or 3rd character makes me want to unsub and pick up star wars or something ... whiny I know, QQ elsewhere casual, I've heard it, just some changes need to be made is all

In WOTLK I played 10, the pattern was: Level to max level, run dungeons, raid. Level alts, run dungeons get best gear I can. (and alt raids).

In Cata it was level to max level, run dungeons run LFR, raid normal and heroics - on two characters. Levels alts to max run dungeons and LFR to get them the best LFR gear possible, with a rare alt-raid here or there. Clear heroic raids on both raiding characters, with just a little bit of nerfing.

In MOP it's: Level to max level, run dungeons, run dailies for rep - absolutely hate every second of it, raid and run LFR. Heroic raid only when they're one tier behind. One of my Cata raiding guilds died two hours before MOP went live - that character isn't even level 90 still. I do have one level 90 alt but after qualifying it for the first LFRs, I stopped playing it. I'm not interested in getting rep for gear, nor for profession recipes. I still run one dungeon and one scenario per day on my main for the last rep I need - anglers. I run TOT dailies to get 90 (and now 50, yay) tokens, and that's it. I only enjoy raiding and dungeons, and every dungeon you run now is some a-hole tank that has to RUN through the entire thing like someone is chasing him because he's clearly so cool and awesome and wtf is he hurrying for, it's the only fun part of the game. There are no scenarios that I queue into without thinking, "Oh god not this one" and lately the dungeons are becoming that way as well.

So far I intend on playing MOP on my main until MOP is over, my raiding guild dies, or replaces me, and then quitting wow unless this all changes. WOTLK and Cata were fun. MOP is a tiny slice of that fun, and that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    WOTLK and Cata were fun. MOP is a tiny slice of that fun, and that's all.
    Thank god that's only an opinion and not a fact.

I hated wotlk and cata being stuck with no new content for about a year doesn't qualify with me as "fun"

But back on topic I play 3 characters at the moment. My Shaman, my Paladin (don't have much of a choice) and occasionally my Horde hunter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Can't play more than one simply cause the game don't want me to, building a char is a bore on early 90 and it needs too much investment to play a char actively (I say that, but i'm playing around 8-10 hours per day)
    Sorry this is total utter hyperbole, unless you mean you log in for 8-10 hours a day and you stand in Stormwind for 9 of them.

You play 9 hours a day, I play at most 2-3 hours a day and I don't play every day, I am working on my 6th 90, I have 2 well geared characters which I play actively.

You are doing something very very wrong if you want to play alts but "the game will not let you" if you play 9 hours a day.

Deleted
    valor cap 4-5 chars each week, they are all geared to at least enter all the ToT lfr's, my main is 506 ilvl. Each week i pick one new alt to run all the lfr's available and valor cap. This means i get to gear up a new alt at a time, and make it so i can spend the rest of the week actively playing the other 4-5 and cap them faster though normal game play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overall these years, activly 1-2 characters. Tho it can be 4. Depended on how we raided.

Currently it's barely 1, just time to time. Whenever I feel like strifing in Org.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

10+ Year Old Account
    Use to be 2, but now im starting to work on 3.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Well at first I had 2 characters that I played with. My paladin and my warrior. But I am near completion of leveling a DK aswell. Also have a level 85 druid.

But all in all, I think I'll stick to the "plate" classes. I'm sure that I'll level that druid to 90. But in terms of attention, I'll probably only play the plate ones.

Probably before I quit raiding and got myself a real life ^^ - I could have managed 5 or more to valour cap and raid. But now... 2 is already tricky to cap - but I could manage 3 max.

valor cap (including ToT LFR) on 4 characters, mogu runes on 3 and I try to raid on atleast 1 alt (and main)

edit: oh and world bosses on 5 characters

I have a ton of characters, but the four in my sig get the most attention right now. 4 is about the most I can handle at a time.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.