Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    I noticed that bosses that mindcontrol seem to like using burning rush, that grinds my gears.
    OTOH, it's damned handy for bosses with a mind control that breaks at a certain health level, since the control AI rarely thinks to turn it off. Flip it on just before MCs go out, flip it off if you're not hit with one, and if you are it'll help break the MC that much faster.

  2. #22
    lol I have to leave burning rush on other wise healers seem to forget to heal me. but if u didnt go with burning rush what else would u use that u could possibly bring u any raid utility. Unbound will doesnt work for alot of raid mechanics

  3. #23
    High Overlord ZZSmokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    A heavily-fortified shoe box.
    Posts
    114
    Simply put, being able to go from Point A, to Point B, is a natural dps increase in consideration to the situation.
    Some "situation" examples would be:
    1. Jin'Rohk water
    2. Movement heavy bosses such as Ji-Kun main platform movement, Durumu maze emergencies, Primordius when he gets his Caustic Gas evolution, and others as well.
    3. Moving out of harmful effects quicker (to be able to start dps once again much earlier), which includes but is not limited to:
    • Jin'Rohk focused lightning
    • Horridon sand traps/poison pools/frozen orbs/totems/double swipe
    • council charge/quicksand/increasing distance from shadowy spirits quicker/stacking or moving away with the ice debuff quicker
    • Tortos rockfall or even getting to turtles if you are assigned to kicking them
    • megaera poison bombs/cinders/torrent of ice
    • ji-kun feed pools/downdraft movement increase
    • durumu lingering gaze/force of will
    • avoidance of pools during primordius
    • that trailing fire bullshit on dark animus
    • getting around the throw spear ground effects quicker on Iron Qon
    • getting away from sleep clouds/flames of passion quicker on Twin Consorts
    • Just about every single damn thing on Lei Shen

    The only time I consider the other two talents, is if im being hit by adds and I can safely say Blood Horror would not cause trouble, or if there is an ungodly amount of debuffs on myself (Primordius DEFINITE POSSIBILITY) would be when I use Unbound Will.

    The utility of burning rush far exceeds the personal damage you take imho, as long as you don't abuse it to the point of death.

  4. #24
    It's handy for Iron Qon too, my gateway is always reserved for healers + 2 slower dps, I use my own portal and burning rush often allows me to reach it without having to dodge any tornados.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelhiss View Post
    Granted, I'm not generally running heroic raids, so there may be a mechanic I'm missing that would be a reason to stay with the group, but I've never found BR necessary to stay out of danger during Attenuation even with KJC's snare. Proper positioning was generally all that I needed.
    Heroic attenuation is a completely different beast, if you don't use burning rush I'm pretty sure you'd have to not dps, since the snare would kill you.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    It's handy for Iron Qon too, my gateway is always reserved for healers + 2 slower dps, I use my own portal and burning rush often allows me to reach it without having to dodge any tornados.

    Heroic attenuation is a completely different beast, if you don't use burning rush I'm pretty sure you'd have to not dps, since the snare would kill you.
    It's just me being dumb. I had forgotten how I used to deal with it, while having KJC. I didn't move while casting when Attenuation was coming up / while it was casting. Running at 108% speed is still too fast (depending on your tactics), so you end up stutter stepping quite alot. At the time you could start casts (Haunt being the only "cast" as affliction, except for UA) and move without suffering the debuff. So generally I'd start it off by spamming some Fel Flames and Life taps while I run the first bit of it, then nearing the end I'd go back to the regular dps rotation (since when nearing the end you can easily outrun them or sidestep them while slowed).

  6. #26
    Thank you all for replies! Such a great help and good reading!

  7. #27
    Personally, I very rarely use it. Between Nitro Boosts and Demon Leap, I'm good to go.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by ZZSmokey View Post
    Simply put, being able to go from Point A, to Point B, is a natural dps increase in consideration to the situation.
    Some "situation" examples would be:
    1. Jin'Rohk water
    2. Movement heavy bosses such as Ji-Kun main platform movement, Durumu maze emergencies, Primordius when he gets his Caustic Gas evolution, and others as well.
    3. Moving out of harmful effects quicker (to be able to start dps once again much earlier), which includes but is not limited to:
    • Jin'Rohk focused lightning
    • Horridon sand traps/poison pools/frozen orbs/totems/double swipe
    • council charge/quicksand/increasing distance from shadowy spirits quicker/stacking or moving away with the ice debuff quicker
    • Tortos rockfall or even getting to turtles if you are assigned to kicking them
    • megaera poison bombs/cinders/torrent of ice
    • ji-kun feed pools/downdraft movement increase
    • durumu lingering gaze/force of will
    • avoidance of pools during primordius
    • that trailing fire bullshit on dark animus
    • getting around the throw spear ground effects quicker on Iron Qon
    • getting away from sleep clouds/flames of passion quicker on Twin Consorts
    • Just about every single damn thing on Lei Shen

    The only time I consider the other two talents, is if im being hit by adds and I can safely say Blood Horror would not cause trouble, or if there is an ungodly amount of debuffs on myself (Primordius DEFINITE POSSIBILITY) would be when I use Unbound Will.

    The utility of burning rush far exceeds the personal damage you take imho, as long as you don't abuse it to the point of death.
    Not sure how avoiding damage while taking more damage is a wise decision?

    With half of your suggested use your better of using portal and with the other half its more about reaction speed then movement speed (moving out of shit). It isn't that hard to place a portal during downtime and in some situation it will also be a dps increase.


    Jin'Rohk focused lightning
    using portal allows you to stay inside the water longer
    Horridon sand traps/poison pools/frozen orbs/totems/double swipe
    Place portal when your moving the boss, this will make it easier to avoid double swipe as well
    council charge/quicksand/increasing distance from shadowy spirits quicker/stacking or moving away with the ice debuff quicker
    Their is a magical debuff that roots you, you will take less damage if you clear that magical debuff yourself instead of waiting for the healers

    Tortos rockfall or even getting to turtles if you are assigned to kicking them
    Avoiding rockfall isn't that difficult, you have to keep on moving and losing 4% of your HP per second isn't a smart thing when their is allot of damage going on

    megaera poison bombs/cinders/torrent of ice
    its about reaction speed

    ji-kun feed pools/downdraft movement increase
    For downdraft its better to just use portal (and gate), why drain your HP when you can just teleport

    avoidance of pools during primordius
    Moving faster won't really allow you to avoid the bad pools, at best it will make it harder to react. Also from what I noticed in LFR (not that far yet on normal) I can dispell the bad debuffs with unbound will while keeping the good debuffs

    The rest of your suggestions are all about avoiding damage while taking allot of damage.

    Honestly judging by how often you use Burning Rush it would seem to me that you have awsome healers that manage to keep you alive even though you take more damage then you should. Because the damage from the bad stuff don't usually happen instantly, you always have a second or two move out but your actually taking damage because your using Burning Rush.

    Being able to move faster is a great thing (something I wish we had more reliable) but the cost of Burning Rush is just to great. Their is no point in avoiding avoidable damage while taking damage.

    Every raider should be taking unbound Will for the simple reason that dispelling yourself will always be faster then hoping for a dispel from the healer.

  9. #29
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    I've always a Symbiosis from a druid, using Rejuvenation outweighs the damage that Burning Rush inflicts on myself.

    That said, healers daren't complain about 'needing' to heal me, i'm always the least damage taken member of the raid... By quite a margin.
    This, with the soul leech buff you practically take 0 dmg on encounters without a constant pulsing aoe.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbasawrus View Post
    This, with the soul leech buff you practically take 0 dmg on encounters without a constant pulsing aoe.
    You know that their are very few fights where their isn't some random damage going on right?

    Soul Leach is awsome, it is more awsome when raid damage only occurs during specific moments but fights like that are exceptions and not rules.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •